What You've Done Today - Always You Must Meddle, Looking For Trouble Where None Exists.

Sarex

As majestic said, it will go away in a week or two. My recommendation is to get a box of wet wipes that are for cleaning glasses, you will get very frustrated with the cleaning cloth when it gets dirty, which happens very quickly.

These are the best I found:

s-l300.jpg

Edited by Sarex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

26 minutes ago, KP the Torque Dork said:

NANI?

Weeb properly:

何?

:p

30 minutes ago, KP the Torque Dork said:

Hmmm, I do feel myself getting a hankering for some weird cinema in the last few hours. Maybe that's the spectacles at work?

Sorry to disappoint you, you were into weird stuff before. :yes:

7 minutes ago, Sarex said:

As majestic said, it will go away in a week or two. My recommendation is to get a box of wet wipes that are for cleaning glasses, you will get very frustrated with the cleaning cloth when it gets dirty, which happens very quickly.

s-l300.jpg

Quoted for truth.

@KP the Torque Dork I'd say don't scrimp on them, but in my experience the cheaper stuff is actually pretty good, although that's of course merely an anectode and I really have no idea what's available in the US or not. You need to find out what works for you, because that depends a whole lot on how you handle the glasses, how much you sweat (if at all) and how dry or moist your skin is and what sort of skin cream you use (if any). :)

• Gasp! 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

13 minutes ago, majestic said:

Weeb properly:

No. 👺

13 minutes ago, majestic said:

Sorry to disappoint you, you were into weird stuff before. :yes:

Well thanks. Or **** you. Whichever is appropriate. 😅

36 minutes ago, Sarex said:

s-l300.jpg

I'm going to order some tonight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

Played some DnD Eberron last night, a downtime session really, very relaxed, so I gulped down two bottles of wine while our group of brave adventurers were trying to scrape together enough money to eat after ressing my character. We spent most of the time thinking up silly acronyms to use for our group of spies as a cell name, Committee of Lackadaisical Inquisitive Travellers Obfuscating Rapid Intelligence Service, Dapper International Coalition of Kidnapping Spies, Curious Observ ers Conducting Knightly Services, Approved Special Spies Hunting Outrageous Leads Expecting Success, Spies Leveraging Undercover Tradecraft, League of Undercover Spies and Trackers were all turned down, eventually we hit upon "The Brain Cell" which is too good to turn down. It suits our group of nitwits to a T😂

All that time wasn't completely wasted though since we also managed to generate a list of decent punny and/or suggestive names for the different stores populating the capital, we can now go and enjoy a drink at Meady Ogre, enjoy a raunchy night at the Seamens Stain, get arrested and thrown into the Wine Cellar, replace the ruined clothes at Sew and Tell, go and get washed at the eminent Golden Showers then head back to the Palad-Inn, and many, many more great places. 🤣

Great fun!

Edited by Azdeus
  • Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Anti masker protest in town, not many yet. At least did have some meshback say we're gay if we wear them, to wit one guy asked if he wanted to bang right there.  Good times.

• Haha 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

At the 2nd house for our trial run. No desktop PC's, no 4k OLED 55" (that's the 4k LED 43") no desk, no most of my stuff at all (I think we have a couple frying pans and we bought a toaster oven for this kitchen). Man, I'm in the wilderness, really roughin' it here, I'm not sure if I'll make it!  :shifty:

roughingit1.jpg

...probably won't be very net-active for a while tho. Too busy.

• Confused 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

On 2/5/2022 at 11:28 AM, Malcador said:

Anti masker protest in town, not many yet. At least did have some meshback say we're gay if we wear them, to wit one guy asked if he wanted to bang right there.  Good times.

One of the (many) wonderful things about living and operating in the southeast is that we, for the most part, stopped giving a $#!+ about masks a loooooooooong time ago. I noticed Tennessee, in particular, stopped having mask mandates as early as mid-2020, or if they had mandates then the majority of people didn't follow them. Pretty much all the states I operate in (the Carolinas, Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida) followed suit shortly. I've never seen or even heard of any mask protests. I'm sure some have happened at some point somewhere in the southeast, but it's not something that happens with any significant frequency.

For my own part, if a business requires a mask I put one on, no big deal, otherwise I don't. I never wear one outside. About 50% of the businesses I pick up at or deliver to require a mask in the shipping office. None of the truck stops require masks, a good number of them don't even have the employees wearing them. We southerners are over this $#!+, if COVID is going to burn through our states then it's going to burn through our states, mask or no masks.

• Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I went with some family and friends to this awesome boutique hotel called Alphen 

We ate inside the Library Dining Room, it was really well done and nicely aired for the virus

20220130_122220.jpg

20220130_122222.jpg

20220130_122224.jpg

• Like 3

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

12 hours ago, Keyrock said:

One of the (many) wonderful things about living and operating in the southeast is that we, for the most part, stopped giving a $#!+ about masks a loooooooooong time ago. I noticed Tennessee, in particular, stopped having mask mandates as early as mid-2020, or if they had mandates then the majority of people didn't follow them. Pretty much all the states I operate in (the Carolinas, Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, and Florida) followed suit shortly. I've never seen or even heard of any mask protests. I'm sure some have happened at some point somewhere in the southeast, but it's not something that happens with any significant frequency.

For my own part, if a business requires a mask I put one on, no big deal, otherwise I don't. I never wear one outside. About 50% of the businesses I pick up at or deliver to require a mask in the shipping office. None of the truck stops require masks, a good number of them don't even have the employees wearing them. We southerners are over this $#!+, if COVID is going to burn through our states then it's going to burn through our states, mask or no masks.

I never wear my mask outside ever and only wear it when I walk into malls and shops but we have this weird policy where you dont have to wear a mask inside a mall inside a restaurant ....but you have to wear it walking around the mall

:shrugz:

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

After over a hundred hours, here it is:

https://www.deviantart.com/melkathi/art/forkcat-and-friends-906272109

Waiting to do a proper photoshoot so I have something I can work with and possibly print out for a couple of friends as a poster.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

19 minutes ago, melkathi said:

After over a hundred hours, here it is:

https://www.deviantart.com/melkathi/art/forkcat-and-friends-906272109

Waiting to do a proper photoshoot so I have something I can work with and possibly print out for a couple of friends as a poster.

firefox_lHfCVV75vH.png

firefox_JtAcyDKUwc.png

firefox_ibGNSM25Vw.png

firefox_OAamLXteai.png

firefox_qxEFxxaKWk.png

Top five, don't @me. I mean, probably - there are a lot of them and they're kind of hard to see individually, :p.

firefox_wbOlNrvQ2q.png

Okay, this one is pretty clearly a fox and not a cat.

• Thanks 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

4 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

they're kind of hard to see individually, :p.

Yes, the dimensions of each fork are 2cm width x 9,5cm height, so they are small enough in the original as is. On a screen with a crummy photo taken with my phone, they are harder to see.

And yeah, there is 658 of them, which makes things even harder.

I think the fox is the easiest to spot.

• Like 2

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

5 hours ago, BruceVC said:

I went with some family and friends to this awesome boutique hotel called Alphen 

We ate inside the Library Dining Room, it was really well done and nicely aired for the virus

20220130_122220.jpg

20220130_122222.jpg

20220130_122224.jpg

I love built in bookshelves

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

18 hours ago, Keyrock said:

For my own part, if a business requires a mask I put one on, no big deal, otherwise I don't.

Still have a mask mandate so you have to wear them in places like stores, etc., these meshbacks here this weekend see this as a loss of freedom.  Well some, was interesting to see streams and people just yelling for non-specific "freedom" (****ing Americans up here...) and complaining about Trudeau.  Oddly, nothing about our conservative Premier Ford who they are the base of and who also has imposed restrictions on things here.

Protest fizzled out, cops didn't take any crap and kept them away from the legislature by road, also innate Toronto traffic helped thin them out a bit.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

19 hours ago, Keyrock said:

One of the (many) wonderful things about living and operating in the southeast is that we, for the most part, stopped giving a $#!+ about masks a loooooooooong time ago.

wonderful indeed.

mask wearing, vaccination, common sense social distancing, etc. all such stuff explains why wonderful deeply red county southerners has died at rates disproportionate to those know-it-all yankees and hippies on the left coast.

so, congrats that you folks is over covid, but we, collective and national, recent had one o' the worst covid spikes since the pandemic began, and if southerners had a bit o' yankee common sense like folks in new hampshire, the rest o' us coulda' been enjoying a return to normal far sooner rather than just ignoring reality and pretending as if +1000 deaths per day is no biggie.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Well some, was interesting to see streams and people just yelling for non-specific "freedom" (****ing Americans up here...) and complaining about Trudeau.  Oddly, nothing about our conservative Premier Ford who they are the base of and who also has imposed restrictions on things here.

Protest fizzled out, cops didn't take any crap and kept them away from the legislature by road, also innate Toronto traffic helped thin them out a bit.

Are you referring to the Freedom Convoy?

44 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Are you referring to the Freedom Convoy?

Yeah, well the Toronto ones.   They planned to shut down the city or some nonsense, not realizing this city barely flows on a good day 😛 

Decent sized crowd, from the interviews I saw of the people there most weren't nutbars.  Too many MAGA people up here that don't realize we're in Canada though, but was as I expected - people unhappy with restrictions, although those are eased up as of Feb 1.  Also off of traffic people are out and about a lot - so maybe people were upset about not being able to go to bars and restaurants ? 😛 

Other complaints were just as I said : masks are evil, won't someone think of the kids.  As usual the hangers on were the best, some guy talking about Jews running the world, others saying we just need Jesus.  And the Americans up here just thinking they're Mel Gibson in Braveheart.

The dumb thing is though they are all on Trudeau's case but the restrictions are at the provincial level, or for the border issue the US hasn't dropped their vaccine requirement.  Some say the US will follow Canada's lead which I think overstates Canada's weight in the CAN-US relationship.  Given the number of conservative Premiers, it does make me chuckle

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No night vision ? Worthless!

I meant to post this a while ago but ... hubby bought some mini 3d printer and he's been messing with it again. Seems to be a higher quality thing, needs less fiddling. Mostly tho I just think it's cute, being so small. Put some googly eyes and booties on it and it could be a pet.

20220208_075252.jpg

He brought it up here with us as something to do but hasn't messed with it yet.
So far the best thing about this house (outside of more living space) is still the yard. Could definitely see us hobbiting up here. Hubby's still over-stressed tho. Doesn't even want me taking a walk around the housing blocks out the door, by myself, even at daytime - which is definitely psychologically unreasonable. Doesn't seem any worse to me than the area around the Peninsula house. From my side tho,  the Peninsula is still home (I grew up around there after all) and this area still isn't. Not sure how much I like it up here re: wandering around, driving, shopping etc. So mixed feelings. I'm not safety stressed tho.  >.>

A park/schoolyard nearby has weekend farmers mart and we got some food-truck food there. That was nice.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

1 hour ago, melkathi said:

If suddenly I get money, I'll know I started a new job.

No, it's the sudden loss of the will to live.

Edited by Malcador
  • Haha 2