What You've Done Today - Always You Must Meddle, Looking For Trouble Where None Exists.

Sarex

I finished 255 forks now.

In the process my carpet now is partly beige/brown, as is the sleeve of my cardigan (after I probably hadn't shaken the spray can well enough before doing a beige/brown undercoat for a few forks and the paint hit my sleeve and the floor behind me).

I also have a light blue pattern on the laminate after not having cleaned the nozzle of another spray can before using it, resulting in the paint spraying sideways out of the can.

By the end of this I'll have a colourful apartment one way or the other.

• Like 4

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Our cheap carpet was finally installed in the spots where we wanted it. So technically we could move any time we want, now. Course, we're lazy/in no real hurry either. And hubby hasn't routed any room to room internet cabling yet. He said there is that blower-ed in loose insulation in the attic crawl space making it difficult to try to do cables through ceiling/walls from that direction. Wouldn't be impossible, just not what he wants to deal with.  So I guess it would have to be through the floor crawlspace or some other method.  I told him he could always hire someone to deal with the mess. Or just run visible wires tacked to the walls, I don't care about looks.

I ain't moving until the house has a LAN set up properly. It's not just me - hubby has to remote work after all. But mostly ... I needz my internet. Priorities.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Need to run to the grocery store during my lunch break but the workers are on strike at the main chain (Kroger) that I go to. I hope they get it resolved soon because I'm not shopping there during the strike and it's at least 15 minutes to the next chain (Albertsons) which makes it hard to squeeze into a lunch break.

Free games updated 3/4/21

Speaking of food...I've reached this point with my diet routine where I can almost forget I technically have T2 diabetes. As long as I keep to:  less than 25-30 net carbs per day for at least an average of 5 days a week (not hard, salad and meat), eat once or twice a day (don't constantly pop little bits of food in your piehole every hour) , I seem to be fine. No insulin. No other meds. Blood sugar rating generally 100-125 fasting or 140-150 after (most) meals. Once or twice a week I may eat a couple dark chocolate bars or binge-chow a bag of pepperoni sticks, or have some ramen, pizza couple times a month or whatever.

So most of the time it's like just staying in this higher "pre-diabetes" range. Guess I don't have a super advanced case so as long as I don't binge-eat junk a lot it's easy for me to manage it with ez tweaks.

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I've just got an invitation to join the Illuminati. It's a little strange that they'd recruit people from random e-mail addresses, but that's probably because they require a leap of faith or something. I'm sure nothing bad will come out of giving them my credit card details, right? :p

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Gasp! 1

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

15 minutes ago, majestic said:

I've just got an invitation to join the Illuminati. It's a little strange that they'd recruit people from random e-mail addresses, but that's probably because they require a leap of faith or something. I'm sure nothing bad will come out of giving them my credit card details, right? :p

You must join, you will fit right in with all your rejection of  evil Western, Capitalist  first world countries, Im sure Assange is a member ? :p

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, majestic said:

Psh, like the Illuminati don't already have your credit card details. :getlost:

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

2 hours ago, majestic said:

Obviously they are MJ12, the pretenders to the Illuminati.

Been a good week for spam calls. Jehovah's Witnesses, Visa scammers.  Peaked with Officer "Sam Brady" from the RCMP calling me from India to tell me I'm going to be deported for having "drugs" at the border.

Edited by Malcador
  • Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

2 hours ago, majestic said:

10 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Obviously they are MJ12, the pretenders to the Illuminati.

More like IllumiNOTi, amirite? :brows:

• Gasp! 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

6 minutes ago, Amentep said:

More like IllumiNOTi, amirite? :brows:

Where is your usual „I’ll show myself out“? It would be really appropriate after that pun. ;)

• Haha 1
  • Gasp! 1

Actually, majestic IS in MJ12....

• Like 1
  • Gasp! 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Booked myself for a covid booster shot. Decided to try "Moderna" this time. Just to try a different flavour 😋

Besides, I've been told, mixing the shots is like a drinking at a bar. You get more bang for your buck 🍹

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

33 minutes ago, Gorth said:

Booked myself for a covid booster shot. Decided to try "Moderna" this time. Just to try a different flavour 😋

Besides, I've been told, mixing the shots is like a drinking at a bar. You get more bang for your buck 🍹

We dont have access to Moderna, let us know how it goes

And yes, its true about mixing most shots in a bar. Nothing wrong with a few Tequilas and a Long Island Ice Tea or 2 during a night of revelry and carousing  🍹

• Thanks 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

3 hours ago, Gorth said:

All three of mine have been Moderna and I only ever suffered site injection pain, hopefully the same for you. I too have heard a "mixed c0cktail" of vaccines gives good results. 👍

• Like 1

Both my wife and son tested positive, so I am the last man standing in my household. They are both recovering pretty well, but going stir crazy. My daughter is fully recovered and thankfully has helped me all week with dinner and other chores. 

I feel great. I am a bit stiff from sleeping on the couch, but I have been keeping up withy training. I have a 10 mile running race in a week, so fingers crossed I stay that way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I think I'm through the worst of the rona, but the temperature dropped hard so I'm a bit clogged up. Boy am I happy it didn't get too bad.

• Like 6

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

420 forks done.

A friend approached me with a possible job offer. Told him I need at least a week to finish the project I am working on.

Didn't have the heart to tell him the project was painting forks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Hubby's having a sudden major freak-out over the new house. It's just like what happened the last time we did this (that place was much farther away tho, with other considerations as well) - where he doesn't "feel safe." This did not occur when we bought our currently-living-in Bay Area house. He knows it's irrational/utterly unlike his normal Spock-like self but he's got some kind of trigger I guess. I am talking can't-eat/sleep//disrupts work and using his wife as a walking security blanket all day long type of stress level, way beyond normal "moving sucks" jitters.

At any rate ... I suggested just moving bed/clothes and PC's (hahah gotta have those) and trial-run living up there for a month, eg, no major commitment, see if his stress level goes away or not. If not, we can rent that one instead and stay here longer, see what happens in the future. There was always the possibility he would end up not liking being 2.5 hrs. from his main office, 99% remote-work capability or not, anyway, so a spartan-trial before full-move is not a bad thing to do regardless.

My poor sweetie. He gets so frustrated with himself when he knows he's being irrational, he's not used to it (unlike me, who's always a bit crazy...). It's ok, we'll figure it out.  🥰

• Like 4

Woke up with pink eye, so sitting in front of the sceen is somewhat painful. Cancelled today's meetings and going to take a day of sickleave, let's see if it is better tomorrow, if not, then it's time to venture forth and visit my GP. Yay, nothing like going to a place where sick people gather in the middle of a pandemic. :p

After not talking to any coworkers for about 3 weeks, I thought you do need some interaction with them in order to feel there's a purpose to the job.  Then I attended a daily call and found suicide more attractive than before, so maybe should adjust that conclusion.

How can people spend an hour discussing JIRA state transitions...

Edited by Malcador

And my HDD died, and PC failed to boot - I guess the boot record was on that disk for some reason.  Lost a whole lot of data, but nothing too important.  Now I get to spend time getting it back into an operational state.

• Sad 2

It might be a surprise to some but I read a lot of Star Trek news articles and in the  a lot of Star Trek articles appear in my news feed.  Anyways, I don't care about Star Trek: Picard as I didn't even bother finishing the first season so whenever I get a Picard article I generally select show me less of this. The problem is sometimes that's not an option, both that it seems to be doing anything anyways, and it'll say something like not interested in Star Trek TNG as the only option. I responded in some feedback that Picard =/= TNG and now it's finally giving me the option so say I'm not interested in Jean-Luc Picard. Not the best but better than before. 

I fight these fights so you don't have to.

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

14 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

It might be a surprise to some but I read a lot of Star Trek news articles and in the  a lot of Star Trek articles appear in my news feed.  Anyways, I don't care about Star Trek: Picard as I didn't even bother finishing the first season so whenever I get a Picard article I generally select show me less of this. The problem is sometimes that's not an option, both that it seems to be doing anything anyways, and it'll say something like not interested in Star Trek TNG as the only option. I responded in some feedback that Picard =/= TNG and now it's finally giving me the option so say I'm not interested in Jean-Luc Picard. Not the best but better than before. 

I fight these fights so you don't have to.

A couple of years before the 'rona, I saw Dave Chapelle and Jon Stewart. Dave was great, I think a lot of his material (like the Chuck Berry sextape) ended up in one of his Netflix specials (the last one that was funny). Jon Stewart was meh, it really felt like he was trying to bring back the Daily Show and fell flat tbh. They brought a couple of opening acts, Mo Amer was first and I found the dude to be hilarious (he's got a Netflix special that was his act then, I'd recommend it). And Pete Davidson was the other opener. He...did not do too well, when he got laughs it was more out of sympathy. I had no idea who Pete was at the time, so I ended up googling him after the show. This would be a mistake. 

See at the time Pete was dating a popstar, and the algorithms thought me wondering who the hell this guy was meant I was interested in his sex life. So whenever my news feed would update, I'd get spammed with at least a couple of articles about Pete and his gf. When I'd try to say I wasn't interested, it would give me the option of "not interested in comedy" which wasn't true, I just didn't care about this dude's sex life. Eventually I was able to get tell the algorithm I wasn't interested in Pete Davidson, but it took a lot of frustration to get there.

So if you've enjoyed comedy articles in your feed without getting stories about Pete Davidson's romantic encounters, you can thank me for that.

• Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Well, PC is operational, luckily it chucked everything into Windows.old, so I can restore my FF profile and other app's configs.  Wonder if I can get the HDD to return to life somehow, probably not given the clicking noise and not even showing on the BIOS.  Tempted to do 80's style TV maintenance and just smack it :lol:

At least I had an interesting night for the first time in months.