What You've Done Today - But you… have elected… the way of… pain!

Amentep

Spent the last couple days at the new house doing various stuff.

"This weird plastic jet whirlpool tub in hallway bathroom is too high walled and I can barely step over into it without jumping, it has got to go"
"Closet rods are like 7 feet high, I can't reach them at all - gotta knock out/remove all this weird homemade closet organizer crap"
"I can't reach this shower head holder (to use it hand-held)." 
"This microwave over the range-top is too high I can't reach/use, how useless (to me)."

Apparently, most people don't do their houses for short people.  😆 
...if standing straight and I stretch arms fully above my head, tips of my fingers might reach six foot, two inches. On tippy toes. My good/effective height reach is a lot less than that, especially if you have to lean.  Pffft. Tall people.

• Haha 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Heh, you know what the best part is about being tall as **** and living in a house built in 1800?

If I don't duck I knock my teeth out. >_<

• Gasp! 2
  • Sad 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

*looks out a window*  ...  "I think there's a squirrel hanging out by the pool! Where's that bag of walnuts I bought?"

house-05.jpg

...."Never mind."

Also, it's a galley kitchen, but all the cabinets have giant built-in lazy susans and drawers, so you don't have to remove half the stuff in front to get to anything in back. After years of almost no kitchen storage, this one has almost too much. It's very late 80's or something. Reminds me of my mom's kitchen a lot. Miss you, mom.
house-07.jpg

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

2 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Hmm, havent see @Guard Dog in a while. He must be either married or tied to a bedframe in a basement. :lol:

The "or" isn't necessary.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Gasp! 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"you're a damned filthy lying robot and you deserve to die and burn in hell." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"I love cheese despite the pain and carnage." - ShadySands

22 minutes ago, Gfted1 said:

Hmm, havent see @Guard Dog in a while.

I was actually thinking about that a couple days ago. Relationship shenanigans are (usually) much more fun than hanging out on some old game forum.  😆  Hope it's all going swimmingly for him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

On 11/28/2021 at 1:51 PM, Keyrock said:

Christmas shopping = done 👍

I did a bit of Christmas shopping too. Bought a few presents for myself 🎅

A set of leather sofas/lounges (3+2+1 seater for total of six seats, most of them with built in recliners), a buffet table/cupboard thing and a 3d printer (resin) + a combined washing/uv curing station for treating the resin models after printing.

Edit: It was one of those big sale weekends down here.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

15 hours ago, LadyCrimson said:

I was actually thinking about that a couple days ago. Relationship shenanigans are (usually) much more fun than hanging out on some old game forum.  😆  Hope it's all going swimmingly for him.

He started working again so I think his absence is work commitment related ?

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

13 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

A squirrel chewed through the cord of one of my hanging christmas globe thingees. 😭

Its okay, these things happen to the best of us. What poison you using, sometimes updating what you currently  have works wonders :thumbsup:

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I just finished changing to winter tyres on my car, since the temperature dropped quite a bit suddenly and there's a chance for some decent snowfall the coming days. Rear wheel drive FTW!

Also, changing tyres completely knackered me, and my shoulder hurts like hell now.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

It's about the same price as what I spent on my summer tyres, you can never overspend on tyres, it's the most important part of staying on the road afterall 😃

• Like 1

Meanwhile, somewhere in Sweden...

UCNO0q.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Azdeus said:

Meanwhile, somewhere in Sweden...

UCNO0q.gif

Sebastien Loeb's still got it! 

I probably should have gone with a Swedish rally driver, I'm sure there are plenty, but Loeb is the only rally driver I can name off the top of my head. :p

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

1 hour ago, Keyrock said:

Sebastien Loeb's still got it! 

I probably should have gone with a Swedish rally driver, I'm sure there are plenty, but Loeb is the only rally driver I can name off the top of my head. :p

Haha, don't feel bad about it, but I can teach you one name that you will never forget; Tina Thörner! 😄 Granted, she's a co-driver, but it still counts! Also, Magnus Samuelsson (You know, the strongman) has driven rally.

Hey guys. I'm still alive and kicking. Just really busy with work. After taking a crash course in 5G technology and network architecture (which is extremely cool by the way) we've hit the ground running on optimizing systems that are already deployed. I've moved out of my place and right now I'm living with G in La Crosse. Things are still going great with us. My house in TN is in contract and looks like we're closing next week. The buyer offered the asking price but had a list of things they wanted completed as a condition. I don't have time for that so I've been throwing money at that problem.  I've made the trip twice so far to follow up on that. One hang up is my property there was not a single plot but two separate plots. The house was on a 24.5 acre plot but a year after moving in I bought an additional 2 acres that abutted the river. I never combined them but listed the whole thing for sale as one property. That has created a paperwork hassle. The realtor probably should have caught that but, live and learn. So the buyer is getting the 2 acres for $1. Janet, my lawyer, said that should not be a problem. 

I've talked to G about buying/building since she is leased in her house for six more months. Undeveloped real estate here is dirt cheap. I mean really cheap compared to other places. Cross the river into MN and it get seriously expensive quickly. Buy dirt and build is the way to go I think. Problem for later I guess. I'm inclined not to make a big move until the economy tanks, interest rates go up and the real estate market corrects. It has to. Once mortgages become more expensive the prices drop fast and a cash sale can get you a good value. 

Hope everyone had a good T-Giving. Congrats LC on the new place! Take care of that shoulder Azdeus. You ain't as young are you used to be!

• Like 8

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

15 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

So the buyer is getting the 2 acres for $1. Janet, my lawyer, said that should not be a problem. 

tell her you are a traditionalist and you are insisting on an actual peppercorn.

am hesitating to mention this, but am having serious second thoughts 'bout selling our real property unless we immediate turn around and indulge in our smaug portfolio plan, but by summer it may be too late to take advantage o' such-- gold maybe outta reach by then. last thing we want with inflation rising and no visible ceiling in sight is to be sitting on a big pile o' cash, seeing as how cash is what is most dramatic losing value as inflation increases. 

other than our real property, we don't have much in the way o' tangible assets, with the exception o' our two buicks and our roberto clemente rookie card. we do have an extreme large collection o' paperback books, but am doubting the books have much value, particular as many o' them is missing covers and/or being held together with liberal applications o' tape. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

So, living in the rural area here we have a road association where we pool money for maintenance and snow clearing and I've just been part of a really funny conference call, listening to a bunch of people curse and insult the guy that is responsible for clearing the road, it's been snowing but it wasn't really bad until now, we're up to about 15cms on the road instead of the 5-10 it was before, and there's been heavy snowfall for the past hour or two. And the nitwit has yet to take the tractor to the road to clear it. People can't get home..

I got a TENS-kit to use at home for my shoulders, and **** me this is nice...

• Like 1

it's been quite humid here in Brisbane this week.... actually the last several weeks. Bloody La Ninja makes it hard to plan for BBQ cooking :(

On the bright side, the bush fire risk should be minimal :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Still waiting on some replies from job interviews, and noting my sleep patterns shifting along with some focus issues. The old joy of procrastination creep vs hyperobsession on one random thing done to the exclusion of all other things on the to-do list. The possible warning signs of creeping edge of depression/anxiety type of response.

Still, managed to step back, take a breath...and then obsessively played around with Blender until I had initial chest piece design for my Mando project.

pnaCYBT.jpg

Although a little bit of colour to help make it pop:

UgZeAD6.jpg

Actually running these designs past the Mandalorian Mercs. Then when I get back to having disposable income, I can start printing these out and working on the rest of it to potentially join the local clan.

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."