What You've Done Today - But you… have elected… the way of… pain!

Amentep

1 hour ago, Raithe said:

There are times you reaaally can pick up that the Recruiter is going through the social motions without actually paying attention...

That's most people, I think, in NA and maybe UK.  I used to screw with my UK PM by answering stuff to show that, he finally caught on when I said I was kind of shabby due to a syphilis diagnosis the day previous.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

19 hours ago, Hurlsnot said:

Wow, that backyard has the potential to be amazing. Looks like you are hosting the next Obsidian Forumites BBQ, LC. :p

Well, how hard would it be to put together a small international Obsidian Con? 😄

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

3 hours ago, Malcador said:

That's most people, I think, in NA and maybe UK.  I used to screw with my UK PM by answering stuff to show that, he finally caught on when I said I was kind of shabby due to a syphilis diagnosis the day previous.

Lovely, glad it sounds good.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BruceVC said:

now their really is no reason I cant come and stay with you because you have a much bigger house 

The house itself isn't all that much bigger, but you'd still be free to stay on the couch. ;)

I think the house itself is maybe 1280sf + 2 car garage (3bd/2 ba), while our first house is 980sf + 1 car garage (3bd/1 ba) ... the lot size is the main difference. 10,000sf (if that= 1/4 acre) vs. 5000sf. Wider in the backyard than the front yard. Decent size for cheaper suburbia around here. It's a good house for the hubster to spend his days frittering around in for sure.

Garage came with some ancient beat up but still functional metal workbench/cabinets too. Actually, come to think of it ... I  may have to "chase" him in circles around  house/yard just to find him as he moves constantly from place to place like a jackrabbit with all his "project spots".  Hm. I am lazy. Maybe I can install a comprehensive  intercom system and just page him from my tech-cave.  🤔

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

43 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Today I turned 246. Happy birthday to GD as well!

I guess the rona really does age you. In two months I'm going to be 80.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Should get the Call of Duty people to do it.

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, ShadySands said:

Today I turned 246. Happy birthday to GD as well!

I had no idea what you talking about initially  but congratulations to you and other members on this significant day for the US Marines 

And thanks for your military service and commitment to making the world a better place, its appreciated like all legitimate military service. If I was living in Denver I would insist on taking you out for free drinks and dinner 🍻

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Started to look for new work, for the past 3 weeks I sleep in rather than log in to work :lol:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sarex said:

Why not both?

Would have to leave the bed to log in.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sarex said:

You don't have a phone app for that?!? Pff...you really do need to find another job.

VERY glad for that. Bad enough some coworkers have my cell number or have me on Discord, once i log off my laptop that's it for me and work 😛

Maybe I'll just become the Max Payne of my company, endlessly speaking in gloomy metaphor.  As an aside, never quote MP2 and say "Unlimited ammo and a licence to kill" when people ask what you want in life.

Edited by Malcador
  • Haha 1

"I should be productive with stuff like packing, cleaning etc. today."

...sticks some DVD's in a box
...watches some YouTube
...naps
...game, food, TV, snuggles etc

"Tomorrow."

• Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Well, the bill for the new heater and its installation arrived in the mail today. There goes the money I would usually just waste on booze, hookers and coke. Still, having warm water in winter beats some fun on the side, right? *shrug*

• Haha 2

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

Booze, hookers and coke keep you warm as well

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, majestic said:

Well, the bill for the new heater and its installation arrived in the mail today. There goes the money I would usually just waste on booze, hookers and coke. Still, having warm water in winter beats some fun on the side, right? *shrug*

They are usually really cheap no, water heaters that is?

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

13 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

This is several days late but Daylight Savings Time needs to die in a fire.

Why? Don't you like having your rhythm disturbed to facilitate shopping?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

5 minutes ago, Sarex said:

They are usually really cheap no, water heaters that is?

Depends on what you need. There's like one company left making boilers of the size I had with the same form factor, and they're making you pay through the nose for them, so a cheaper one with less capacity it was, which necessitated some installation work that I neither wanted to nor actually could do myself. Still, the bill ended up being half of what the other boiler would have cost (as in, just the hardware).

Talking about 400€ in terms of pure hardware costs, but that is a quality product that'll last for a while. Could find some for half of that, but you get what you pay for, and all that. :)

11 minutes ago, majestic said:

Depends on what you need. There's like one company left making boilers of the size I had with the same form factor, and they're making you pay through the nose for them, so a cheaper one with less capacity it was, which necessitated some installation work that I neither wanted to nor actually could do myself. Still, the bill ended up being half of what the other boiler would have cost (as in, just the hardware).

Talking about 400€ in terms of pure hardware costs, but that is a quality product that'll last for a while. Could find some for half of that, but you get what you pay for, and all that. :)

Is that for a tankless water heater or a regular one but with a stainless steel tank?

Edited by Sarex

Just now, Sarex said:

Is that for a tankless water heaters or a regular one but with a stainless steel tank?

That's for an 80l stainless steel tank boiler. Tankless would only make sense if I switch to gas heating (even with gas prices being what they are), and that's a whole lot of upfront cost for barely any gain, as I don't heat my apartment with it. I mean, we do have a gas powered central heating system, but it's not running off my warm water supply.

7 minutes ago, majestic said:

That's for an 80l stainless steel tank boiler. Tankless would only make sense if I switch to gas heating (even with gas prices being what they are), and that's a whole lot of upfront cost for barely any gain, as I don't heat my apartment with it. I mean, we do have a gas powered central heating system, but it's not running off my warm water supply.

That seems like a lot of money for that, but then again different standards of living and all that. There are electric tankless water heaters, but they require proper electrical installations from the main line to it. Wanted to get 2 tankless for my apartment, but the building installation couldn't handle the load or at least the electrician wasn't comfortable with that idea.

35 minutes ago, Sarex said:

That seems like a lot of money for that, but then again different standards of living and all that.

Yeah, to be honest, I just complained about the bill because I'm a regular miser who agonizes over everything. The only things I regularily buy without thinking too much are silly tech gadgets and games. I sit here complaining about having to buy a new boiler but I do have a 300€ floating lava rock here that serves absolutely no purpose.

Except for floating. It's supposedly stable enough to hold a bonsai tree, but I'm not going to try that, and one power outage is liable to produce quite a mess when it comes tumbling down. Still fun to look at though. Really powerful magnetic field too.

Looks like this, except with a lava stone:

giphy.gif

35 minutes ago, Sarex said:

There are electric tankless water heaters, but they require proper electrical installations from the main line to it. Wanted to get 2 tankless for my apartment, but the building installation couldn't handle the load or at least the electrician wasn't comfortable with that idea.

I could power an electric tankless heater or my electric oven, but certainly not both at once. :)

Edited by majestic
  • Like 2