Random Video gamE newS

On 7/5/2021 at 6:38 PM, Wormerine said:

Lol Antivan Crow literally dressing up as a crow. DA lands wonderfully in So-serious-to-be-boring and So-silly-to-not-be-taken-seriously. 

Yeah I snickered at this too. Like, aren't they supposed to be covert from-the-shadows operators? Gotta be tricky to ambush someone when your dress is screaming "LOOK AT ME, I AM FROM THE ASSASSINS GUILD!!!!!" :banana:

Anyway, years after and all they have is concept art. 👏

4 hours ago, bugarup said:

Yeah I snickered at this too. Like, aren't they supposed to be covert from-the-shadows operators? Gotta be tricky to ambush someone when your dress is screaming "LOOK AT ME, I AM FROM THE ASSASSINS GUILD!!!!!" :banana:

What kind of bad guys organization would they be if they didn't have uniforms?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrBrown said:

What kind of bad guys organization would they be if they didn't have uniforms?

Well, they'd be REALLY bad.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

37 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

For a more serious answer, I don't think the Antivan Crows are intended to be a secret organization, but pretty open as a political force.

https://dragonage.fandom.com/wiki/Antivan_Crows

Also the criticism towards the  Crows dress  is really just in jest and not substantive because I can think of many reasons why any  assassins guild could and would dress in a certain way

For example the symbolism matters so they would sometimes assassinate people and want people to see their garb because you send a message which is " yes we did it cause you messed with the Antivan Crows " so they would openly show who they are 

But then logically if they play the role of spies they wouldnt wear anything linked to the Crows.....they wouldnt be very effective spies if they had wore a big, flashing neon-light that said " hi, Im an Antivan Crow and I want to spy on you " :teehee:

So I see no issue with their dress code 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Might and Magic X killed because of DRM. Ubisoft decided to shutdown some time ago DRM servers for few of their legacy titles, one of them is M&MX. Fue to that, the legitimate owners were not able to proceed past first act. Ubisoft now, instead of fixing the DRM issue, decided to pull the game off Steam instead. Game is still unplayable 🤦‍♂️ Having online DRM for singleplayer games is once again a fully justified, right?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2021/07/06/ubisoft-delists-might-and-magic-x-legacy-from-steam-instead-of-fixing-drm-fiasco/

• Gasp! 1
  • Sad 2

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

2 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Might and Magic X killed because of DRM. Ubisoft decided to shutdown some time ago DRM servers for few of their legacy titles, one of them is M&MX. Fue to that, the legitimate owners were not able to proceed past first act. Ubisoft now, instead of fixing the DRM issue, decided to pull the game off Steam instead. Game is still unplayable 🤦‍♂️ Having online DRM for singleplayer games is once again a fully justified, right?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2021/07/06/ubisoft-delists-might-and-magic-x-legacy-from-steam-instead-of-fixing-drm-fiasco/

Damn, I bought this game and Steam and have never played it 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

I dont know if this Forbes opinion is accurate, I went to the Steam M&MX forums and people are saying you can still finish the game but you wont have access to DLC and any bonus content

Thats not the end of the world but  I do expect to at least be able to finish the game if I purchased it 

John Milton 

I'm not touching it until full release, but I'd be interested in opinions from any foolish brave souls that partake in early access.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

4 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I'm not touching it until full release, but I'd be interested in opinions from any foolish brave souls that partake in early access.

Its intriguing and I thought the video was well done so I am also interested in early access feedback 

John Milton 

Okay I really enjoyed this trailer for the upcoming  Vampire Masquerade Swansong.....I do love the settings and entire Vampire game world  🧛‍♂️🧛‍♀️

• Like 2

John Milton 

5 hours ago, BruceVC said:

I dont know if this Forbes opinion is accurate, I went to the Steam M&MX forums and people are saying you can still finish the game but you wont have access to DLC and any bonus content

Thats not the end of the world but  I do expect to at least be able to finish the game if I purchased it 

Their opinion is pretty accurate, because if you do not have any knowledge about how to do a workaround with editing some .xml files, you are not able to finish the game.

• Like 1

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

2 hours ago, BruceVC said:

Okay I really enjoyed this trailer for the upcoming  Vampire Masquerade Swansong.....I do love the settings and entire Vampire game world  🧛‍♂️🧛‍♀️

I've been eagerly anticipating this game ever since it was first announced, more so than Bloodlines 2, and even before Bloodlines 2 started throwing up more red flags than a Chinese military parade. It's being developed by Big Bad Wolf; they made my 2018 GotY The Council.

• Thanks 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Sort of (very) old news... but interesting none the less. I'm sure poor @Gromnir is fed up with explaining that the BG2 npc is named after him and not the other way around, so lets just revisit that particular confirmation, that it is indeed so 😂

• Like 3

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

13 hours ago, Mamoulian War said:

Having online DRM for singleplayer games is once again a fully justified, right?

Not only justified, anyone who believes conspiracy theories that you could lose access to games with DRM should take off their tinfoil hat. Who has ever heard of anyone being unable to play a game because the DRM no longer works? I can guarantee you have never met such a person if you are honest 😛

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

4 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I've been eagerly anticipating this game ever since it was first announced, more so than Bloodlines 2, and even before Bloodlines 2 started throwing up more red flags than a Chinese military parade. It's being developed by Big Bad Wolf; they made my 2018 GotY The Council.

As long as it isn't the Vampire the Masquerade Battle Royal PvP Shooter that is desperately trying to convince people that whoever says VtM is not a PvP Shooter setting does not know the Vampire setting...

• Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

22 minutes ago, melkathi said:

Not only justified, anyone who believes conspiracy theories that you could lose access to games with DRM should take off their tinfoil hat. Who has ever heard of anyone being unable to play a game because the DRM no longer works? I can guarantee you have never met such a person if you are honest 😛

Dark Souls (no idea if it ever got patched to work after the live service got discontinued). Same thing with Fallout 3, although that one could at least get "hacked" to not look for it.

Edit: If I had checked my Dark Souls game in time, I might have been able to get a refund on Steam, but i didn't (try to) boot it up until months after purchase, so I never got to play it.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Darkspore had the servers taken down by EA.

Any game from the Squeenix Store before Squeenix decided to sell on steam...

Didn't something happen with Gaming for Windows Live at some point as well?

And when looking at offline DRM, any game with SecuRom.

1 hour ago, melkathi said:

As long as it isn't the Vampire the Masquerade Battle Royal PvP Shooter that is desperately trying to convince people that whoever says VtM is not a PvP Shooter setting does not know the Vampire setting...

I was glad to never participate in the local Vampire LARP, every other weekend people were designing new characters for themselves, usually from getting caught in some kind of plot that usually ended in their demise.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

I think the main character dude in that Vampire Swansong game looks stupid.

Edited by Lexx
  • Gasp! 1

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

6 hours ago, melkathi said:

If it's anything like The Council then it will be a heavily narrative focused investigation adventure with RPG-Lite elements.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

8 hours ago, Gorth said:

Sort of (very) old news... but interesting none the less. I'm sure poor @Gromnir is fed up with explaining that the BG2 npc is named after him and not the other way around, so lets just revisit that particular confirmation, that it is indeed so 😂

Gorthfuscious that has got to be the most interesting and illuminating video I have ever seen around the original ideas and creation of the BG series ....well done for posting it :thumbsup:

So many things to consider. I even  found the frivolous bits of  information interesting like the beer, the comic and the MDK2 spell. But the whole time planar " Sword Coast dictatorship " brilliant, a pity they couldn't implement it 

I also always assumed @Gromnir was just using the sobriquet of an established character , well done Gromnir for being the owner and sustaining this " IP " ....Im not sure what else you can refer to it as ?

But great video 

• Like 1

John Milton 

1 hour ago, melkathi said:

This is the VtM game I will not be playing:

https://youtu.be/0sMTC7uGU08

Honestly, that doesn't look half-bad. If I was into multiplayer competitive games I'd probably give it a look, but I'm not, so I won't.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸