General movie thread!!!!

Amentep

The annual Nic Cage I'll star in any pile of garbage to pay for my dinosaur skull collection has produced a whole bunch of terrible movies that are just plain terrible with the occasional B movie gem. Statistically, Willy's Wonderland, which I guess is a 5 Nights at Freddy's knock off, is much more likely to land in the just plain terrible pile than the so bad it's good pile and that trailer did nothing to sway me the other way.

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

19 hours ago, Gfted1 said:

Cowboys & Aliens

Terrible, all 2h15m were terrible.

I kind of liked Cowboys & Aliens. It wasn't nearly as stupid as I expected it to be given the silly premise. The plot is simple and not weighed down by unnecessary details. The aliens are here to get gold. Why? Who cares it doesn't matter. Our heroes want to rescue their loved ones. That's all you really need for a movie like this. It's a simple stripped-down action-adventure with a silly premise that plays it straight and weirdly that worked for me.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I do think C&A would have worked better if the played it campy instead of playing it straight, but I still found it a mildly entertaining action adventure flick. I'm not going to put it in my movie pantheon along with the likes of Yojimbo, Pulp Fiction, and Samurai Cop, mind you. 

• Haha 2

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

4 hours ago, Keyrock said:

I'm not going to put it in my movie pantheon along with the likes of Yojimbo, Pulp Fiction, and Samurai Cop, mind you.

Hey, wait a minute.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Hurlshot said:

I enjoyed watching Daniel Craig in a silly role

Did you see Logan Lucky?

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Just now, Hurlshot said:

Yep. He was great in that and Knives Out.

Knives Out was great...once

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Hey, wait a minute.

I did put Samurai Cop in there for comedic effect, but I do legitimately love that movie. For what it is, it's nearly flawless. I have a love of B movies and Samurai Cop is on the Mount Rushmore of B movies. It's amazingly entertaining. 

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

37 minutes ago, Keyrock said:

I did put Samurai Cop in there for comedic effect, but I do legitimately love that movie. For what it is, it's nearly flawless. I have a love of B movies and Samurai Cop is on the Mount Rushmore of B movies. It's amazingly entertaining. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Keyrock said:

Oh, I agree. 

Also, has a great intro theme.  Not sure which NES game it's from

Edited by Malcador
  • Like 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Personally, I think that new Cage movie Willy's looks hilarious. I'm sure the film as a whole will be mediocre at best, but I mean that any scene with Cage one-lineing and beating up whatever will be gold.

And I loved Drive Angry ... although I tend to think of that movie as William Fichtner's Drive Angry. 😛

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts