Politics 2020 - the gift that keeps giving

Amentep

Or is walking without lifts in her shoes.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Trump Camp Insists They Do Not Need Florida to Win

Yeah, that is all kind of wrong. First of all it's Trump's home state. Only Polk and Nixon have ever won without carrying their home state. Second there are four big electoral prizes, New York, California, Texas and Florida. New York and California will never, ever, ever elect a Republican to national office again. Oh they will still send 'em to Albany and Sacramento but not to DC. The Democrats will never win Texas. Two words: gun control. They can win everything on I-35 from Round Rock to Laredo but they are never going to "turn Texas Blue". 

So that means Florida is pretty important. If Biden wins Florida he goes into the rest of the night with 3 aces in his had and two cards to draw. Trump would have one and looking at drawing against a made hand. 

Fun fact, the last President who didn't win Florida was JFK in 1960. 

You guys know what that means right? As much as we pick on the Sunshine State we are all it's bitches!

Think about THAT for a moment!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRA4K-S-SaAdQbFGxallzs

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

As per usual 

g2r2oHU.gif

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

17 minutes ago, Pidesco said:

As per usual 

g2r2oHU.gif

Rising water levels will do that soon enough. 

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

18 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

Behold Biden the sorcerer:

https://finanz.dk/did-joe-biden-just-promise-fewer-fires-floods-hurricanes-if-he-wins-in-november/

The guy is a joke. People might as well vote for Louis CK. Now that I think about this, yeah, voting for Biden is exactly like voting for Louis CK.

So what would voting for Trump be like voting for?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ComradeMaster said:

But Florida is like the center of the Earth!  Doesn't the rest of the world see the U.S. how the rest of the country sees Florida?

When Florida is gone, Arizona will rise up to take its rightful place as the ***hat capital of the United States.

• Like 1

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

46 minutes ago, Skarpen said:

Behold Biden the sorcerer:

https://finanz.dk/did-joe-biden-just-promise-fewer-fires-floods-hurricanes-if-he-wins-in-november/

The guy is a joke. People might as well vote for Louis CK. Now that I think about this, yeah, voting for Biden is exactly like voting for Louis CK.

"He effectively promised that if he wins, America will suffer from fewer fires, fewer floods, and fewer hurricanes."

translation: biden didn't promise fewer fires, floods and hurricanes if he is elected in november.

*add eye-roll emoji here*

according to the article, biden did point out how dangerous it were to keep a President in office who denies human affected climate change particular given the increase o' such conditions as fires, floods and hurricanes. 

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

2 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

Pauly Shore.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

3 hours ago, Achilles said:

When Florida is gone, Arizona will rise up to take its rightful place as the ***hat capital of the United States.

Nah, Oklahoma and Kentucky will have a fight to become the next Florida. But Florida will never be gone! As long as we have cocaine, meth and ingenuity we will be here!!!!

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

2 hours ago, Achilles said:

FTFY

Didn't the writers of Back to the Future literally say Biff Tannen was designed off of Trump?

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

• Gasp! 1

19 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Didn't the writers of Back to the Future literally say Biff Tannen was designed off of Trump?

Yup. https://www.thedailybeast.com/back-to-the-future-writer-biff-tannen-is-based-on-donald-trump

Trump also was on Night Man, which for some reason I find hilarious. 

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

16 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Yes, to counteract their love of communism as foreign hostile countries shape our culture.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

22 minutes ago, Malcador said:

Definitely need more fascism in our education.

• Like 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

41 minutes ago, Orogun01 said:

Yes, to counteract their love of communism as foreign hostile countries shape our culture.

you managed to beat @HoonDing to the punchline.

tragedy is, you are serious.

HA! Good Fun!

ps perhaps @Hurlshot could join the commision and give pointers to the fed regarding how they would possible implement and enforce such silliness. fed provides dollars to states for education-- is their leverage. state and local education departments will actual need develop means o' implementing . as such hurl may aid in creating a scheme which improves historical patriotism in the classroom and somehow measures such. is amusing to imagine the resulting standardized tests but only if trump ain't reelected. fact something is impractical and unconstitutional is not an obstacle for trump and barr. 

Edited by Gromnir
  • Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

2 minutes ago, Gromnir said:

you managed to beat @HoonDing to the punchline.

tragedy is, you are serious.

HA! Good Fun!

Right...because the Soviet Union didn't  finance millions of dollars into subverting American culture and definitively Tentcent and all those Chinese companies financing American entertainment aren't doing the same. Also American professors aren't being arrested because of financial ties to China.
And very obviously; Communist groups born from leftist propaganda that vilifies the rich whites, aren't rioting and causing property damage.

Now on another conspiracy news, water is wet only if you dip your toes in it.

Look, if you're so above explaining American law to us mere humans then I don't have the time to gather all the evidence for a proper discussion, because I don't obsessively gather news articles and historical documents in board just in case I someday have to prove a point. Specially since people are lazy, or have other interests that are more worthy of their time.

But the simple matter is that preponderance of leftist media has shaped a culture of leftists zealots that are now rioting in masse across the country. Now we might disagree whether that lean left was natural or influenced but the fact is...there's a national group of belligerents praising Marxism and you know the beginning of the Soviet Afghan war, you know how useful idiots are made.

• Haha 1

village_idiot.gif

to help get you started, perhaps you should research the daughters of the confederacy and their efforts to promote the teaching o' a more enlightened and positive historical narrative. spoiler: the ladies o' the south were disturbing successful although 'course such schemes necessarily need happen at the state and local level. heck, is more than a few examples o' southerners posting on this board which show just how powerful a tool were the motivated teaching o' patriotism to school children. not need look very far for examples... not far at all.

HA! Good Fun!

ps is amusing, but is more than a few times on these boards where we felt compelled to defend US education from europeans or others who see our nation's ubiquitous displays o' patriotism and is startled. worse, folks such as oro gives europeans a chance to seize on the worst aspects o' so-called american exceptionalism they imagine is taught in every school.

many times we has pointed out how hurl and other teachers is not only teaching the rosy-hued narrative o' US and world events. we do indeed get the darker aspects o' american history taught along with the heroic stuff, at least such is the case in most places. 

is gotta seem surreal to the europeans that there is a segment o' americans who genuine believe there ain't enough o' the 'Murica, F#@% yeah! being taught in US schools.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

2 hours ago, Gromnir said:

many times we has pointed out how hurl and other teachers is not only teaching the rosy-hued narrative o' US and world events. we do indeed get the darker aspects o' american history taught along with the heroic stuff, at least such is the case in most places. 

is gotta seem surreal to the europeans that there is a segment o' americans who genuine believe there ain't enough o' the 'Murica, F#@% yeah! being taught in US schools.

HA! Good Fun!

When I learned about Saami genocide? 24.

When I learned about Scanian genocide? 24.

When I learned about Swedish slave trade? Not thralls in the viking age, that was in 5th grade or so, but african slave trade and Saint Barthélemy? 24.

Things that the Swedish schools didn't teach me, there was a documentary in 2009 that brought up things not taught in Swedish schools

• Like 1

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

10 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

Morgan Freeman

10 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

Both are garbage. 

Case in point:

Dems are just as authoritarian and anti-Democratic as they claim Republicans are.  Just a different flavor.

Doing exactly what they accuse others have been a theme of Dems from quite some time

1 hour ago, Azdeus said:

When I learned about Saami genocide? 24.

When I learned about Scanian genocide? 24.

When I learned about Swedish slave trade? Not thralls in the viking age, that was in 5th grade or so, but african slave trade and Saint Barthélemy? 24.

Things that the Swedish schools didn't teach me, there was a documentary in 2009 that brought up things not taught in Swedish schools

Busy year that was for you. 👍

166215__front.jpg

10 hours ago, Gromnir said:

according to the article, biden did point out how dangerous it were to keep a President in office who denies human affected climate change particular given the increase o' such conditions as fires, floods and hurricanes. 

So basically he said that not having Trump as a president, which means having Harris... sorry Biden, will result in fewer floods, hirricanes etc. Of course it cracks me up that people believe in man made climate change when it's natural occurence.

166215__front.jpg