Politics XXXV (Life in the Vault is about to change)

Amentep

50 minutes ago, Zoraptor said:

My Olduvai peeps would like to dispute this.

Sorry I'm not familiar with them. Which part of Pangea were they from?

• Haha 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

2 hours ago, Orogun01 said:

There are no true natives everyone is an immigrant, ergo there are no true scotsmen.

A little off the point here but recent studies show that genetics can actually determine your political views.

Also it wouldn't hurt for what's left of White America TM to absorb Native culture more, it's called a cultural synthesis.

Edited by ComradeMaster

4 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

Fun fact: The Confederacy actually adopted a party-free system in its short lifetime (As in, before getting roflstomped by the Yankees), and it turned out to be a disaster because the President couldn't count on a broad base of support when his administration came under fire.  Also they adopted a 6-year one term system, ensuring each election would have been a lukewarm lameduck session.

There's logistical reasons why parties were useful. But the parties are also an impediment, imo, to elected officials representing their constituents. 

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

1 hour ago, ComradeMaster said:

A little off the point here but recent studies show that genetics can actually determine your political views.

Also it wouldn't hurt for what's left of White America TM to absorb Native culture more, it's called a cultural synthesis.

Synthesis goes both ways and assimilation is frowned upon within minority groups that want to preserve their culture. I don't know if you realize that what you're saying means that white America would breed out the first people.
Also, are you a real person or another Oby, LoF alt? just asking cause we get a lot of parody leftist accounts, they're usually pretty good....I know I'm missing one but I can't remember who.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

On 4/29/2020 at 3:35 PM, Malcador said:

Unless you're Native American, we are all immigrants.  This country was built on the backs of immigrant labor.

"Unless you're Native Amerikan, we are all immigrants. This country was built on the backs of immigrant labour."

FAKE NEWS. 'Native Amerikan' doesn't even make sense.  At all. We don't say 'native amerikan' in Kanada.

On top of that, Amerika (US) and Kanada (the country not the fabled area from the past) didn't existe until Europeans came and conquered the continent. The  progeny of the original settlers are not immigrants. If you are born on this continent you are not an immigrant. How am I an immigrant  when I was born and raised here and have never been anywhere. (Not to mention I have Indian ancestry in me lmao).

You do realize that almost the Indian nations/tribes/land were build build on blood, war, and conquest right? The biggest, and strongest tribes wiped out the weaker ones just like the Europeans did. All are shameful but the one-sided shaming and revisionist history is laughable.

Of course, none of this or your silly  pasting changes the fact that when you move away from country a and go to country b  you should adapt to your new homeland not the other way around. You likely left it because you saw it a ****hole and wanted a better life. So, why change your new home into your ****ty old home that you fled? L0LZ

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

47 minutes ago, Volourn said:

FAKE NEWS. 'Native Amerikan' doesn't even make sense.  At all. We don't say 'native amerikan' in Kanada.

Well we do say it here in Amerika.  My intention here is not to go on a PC tirade I'm just stating the fact the U.S. has a long history of immigrants from across the globe coming here and "building up" our country and I think the idea that America has a certain locked in CULTURE that you have to adhere to live here is a bit absurd.

In fact, I'm all for opening up the border to Mexico and employing them through the federal government to greatly expand our infrastructure.  There is literally tons we could do with them on the national level, and they're more than willing put forth their sweat and blood to effort.

The problem here is that boomer Americans can't seem to let go of their love affair with privatization, so they hire all these Mexicans dirt cheap and clog the private sector, which riles up other people. 

30 minutes ago, ComradeMaster said:

Well we do say it here in Amerika.  My intention here is not to go on a PC tirade I'm just stating the fact the U.S. has a long history of immigrants from across the globe coming here and "building up" our country and I think the idea that America has a certain locked in CULTURE that you have to adhere to live here is a bit absurd.

In fact, I'm all for opening up the border to Mexico and employing them through the federal government to greatly expand our infrastructure.  There is literally tons we could do with them on the national level, and they're more than willing put forth their sweat and blood to effort.

The problem here is that boomer Americans can't seem to let go of their love affair with privatization, so they hire all these Mexicans dirt cheap and clog the private sector, which riles up other people. 

Yeahhh....I'm guessing you never lived in another country or stayed there to assimilate into their culture. Listens buddy, immigrants go all around the world. It's why China has Jews and why Brazil has Little Tokyo and why the world has Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I don't know what your point is but if you're one of those regretful hyphenated Americans then we're not going to find some common points. I mean, how can you **** on the country that people struggled to get into and then convince them that they where better off not coming in the first place.

village_idiot.gif

1 hour ago, Orogun01 said:

Yeahhh....I'm guessing you never lived in another country or stayed there to assimilate into their culture. Listens buddy, immigrants go all around the world. It's why China has Jews and why Brazil has Little Tokyo and why the world has Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I don't know what your point is but if you're one of those regretful hyphenated Americans then we're not going to find some common points. I mean, how can you **** on the country that people struggled to get into and then convince them that they where better off not coming in the first place.

What is this crap?  I'm just demonstrating the history of my country and offering practical solutions in its historical context to modern times, yet you seem triggered over the fact, for very bizarre reasons....

Bah. everyone should just go back to where they came from. EVERYONE! That means we're all moving to Tanzania. Hmmm I wonder if Rosetta Stone sells a Swahili tutorial? Gotta assimilate once we all get there.  

• Haha 4

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

9 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Bah. everyone should just go back to where they came from. EVERYONE! That means we're all moving to Tanzania. Hmmm I wonder if Rosetta Stone sells a Swahili tutorial? Gotta assimilate once we all get there.  

Come stay with me in South Africa? Its not the same as Tanzania but better and you can reconnect with those African roots in more comfort and resources 🇿🇦

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

The governor of Maryland is ordering 500k Maryland National Guard troops to protect the State's COVID-19 test kit from the Federal Government! https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8276045/Maryland-governor-using-National-Guard-protect-tests-federal-government.html

Smokey The Boogaloo Bear - Home | Facebook

• Gasp! 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

1 hour ago, Guard Dog said:

The governor of Maryland is ordering 500k Maryland National Guard troops to protect the State's COVID-19 test kit from the Federal Government! https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8276045/Maryland-governor-using-National-Guard-protect-tests-federal-government.html

Boogaloo is getting nearer...?

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

2 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

Okay, 500k tests. Not 500k NG troops.  Was wondering why Maryland's NG is 5 times larger than the USMC 😛

• Haha 3

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Malcador said:

Okay, 500k tests. Not 500k NG troops.  Was wondering why Maryland's NG is 5 times larger than the USMC 😛

Doh! Reading comprehension fail!

• Haha 1

Thomas Sowell

On 4/29/2020 at 3:35 PM, Malcador said:

Those soldiers are not gonna fight the Federal gov't but the governor is likely breaking the law if he is ordeirjng them to attack Federal officials with the army. LMAO

Well.. if the fed gov't makes a law that states that they can have access to it legally the state would have to give them the supplies, right? So, it would be the state governor breaking the law and said guards would  be criminals if they 'defended' the criminal.

Not, that I think this should/will happen but the governor is acting like douchebag making him just like Trump who he supposedly hates so why copy him?

LMAO

Securing shipments your state rightfully and legally paid for in the face of likely illegal seizures (speculation: hasn't been challenged yet, but from what I've heard, the current opinion is that it will eventually reach court and the federal government will be ruled against long after this pandemic is already over) in order to save lives of your citizen is a little different from the national crisis profiteering the administration has been pursuing in my books, but you do you.

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

• Sad 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

1 hour ago, Volourn said:

Well.. if the fed gov't makes a law that states that they can have access to it legally the state would have to give them the supplies, right? So, it would be the state governor breaking the law and said guards would  be criminals if they 'defended' the criminal.

Not, that I think this should/will happen but the governor is acting like douchebag making him just like Trump who he supposedly hates so why copy him?

LMAO

This is, as you already gathered, political theater. If such a law actually existed the first time it was applied the State AG would sue in Federal Court and seek and injunction. There is a 99% chance the injunction is granted. Then the legal wrangling would begin until there is one of three outcomes. 

1.  The SCOTUS eventually decides it
  2. It gets dropped because one side or the other or both change political party control
  3. It becomes moot for one reason or another. 

Thomas Sowell

vaa9vcjq12w41.jpg

LARPers invade Michigan State Capitol demanding Bethesda properly support Fallout 76 andor the quick release of Stalker 2.

(I told everyone you'd look like you were in a cool post apoc street gang if you made your custom N95 from a bandana... yeah, might have been wrong there)

• Like 1

Look more like Division 2 cosplayers.