Politics XXXV (Life in the Vault is about to change)

Amentep

PM Blackface doesn't give a ****. He raises salaries by 10%, taxes by 20% for the same people to pay for said raises and he's a 'hero'. LMAO

Let's not forget he happily gave pay raises to ministers during this COVID-19 debacle. LMAO

Then again, this guy loves dictatorships, trahs talks his own party when they DARE oppose him and kicks them out when they say bad things but is -aok with his own racism. See, his actions dealing with Indians, blacks, and other Indians. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Has it ever occurred to you guys if we all just started ignoring the government there isn't much they could do about it. If we had max participation. Just sayin'

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

45 minutes ago, Volourn said:

PM Blackface doesn't give a ****. He raises salaries by 10%, taxes by 20% for the same people to pay for said raises and he's a 'hero'. LMAO

I think you've spent too much time on Breitbart, there's literally zero point raising the taxes on increased workers wages in a consumerist society where buying things is what fuels the economy, unless that money actually went back to the employers in which case we'd be living in some corrupt crony capitalist Trumpian society *wink* *wink*

Tax the rich, tax the super rich more, establish a Maximum Wage for workers, and tax them marginally.

43 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

Has it ever occurred to you guys if we all just started ignoring the government there isn't much they could do about it. If we had max participation. Just sayin'

I'd say ignoring the government and not holding their feet to the fire is what got us into this mess in the first place.  We need max participation fighting the government.  Voting differently is a good start.

Edited by ComradeMaster

59 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

The trouble is the people who are gung ho about ignoring the government also tend to be the people that are gung ho about ignoring medical advice from doctors, or really any any information about anything that comes from qualified experts. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

The trouble is the people who are gung ho about ignoring the government also tend to be the people that are gung ho about ignoring medical advice from doctors, or really any any information about anything that comes from qualified experts. 

Well to be fair, a lot of these "qualified experts" are just doing it for a paycheck.

Also, it appears that Trump and co are completely ignoring the vast Soviet contribution to the defeat of the Nazi's on Victory Day (V-Day) and calling it flatly an "American and British victory".  The Trump administration is like a shoe-shined version of dumb, historically ignorant, redneck America with a collective IQ of....90?

"I think you've spent too much time on Breitbart,"

I never go to Brietbart or any news site willingly - only when someone links an article. This means I often go to ****ty ones like Salon. *shudder*

Bottom line is PM Blackface has admitted to being a wannabe dictator and is anti freedom therefore he is anti Volourn just like Trump, Hillary, Biden, and eveyr other politician.

Politicians are NEVER pro freedom. Not a one. 

2 hours ago, Hurlshot said:

Sure. But none of that affects what YOU do. If people want to go sit in a crowded restaurant and not wear masks it does not obligate anyone to do it with them. That is the biggest problem with all of this. It's totally appropriate for the government to advise people to wash their hands, stay away from the others, wear masks, etc. But nowhere is is explicitly granted the power to  compel business to shut down of people to stay home or for cops to arrest and beat the holy f--k out of people for fishing alone on private property. Only now they do because everyone has just accepted that they do. 

Sure it is a good idea to do that. I certainly would not have behaved any differently if it had been just suggestions. But it does not get to make decisions for people. Even if they are good decisions. And they certainly can't look at a family with no food in the fridge, unpaid bills, and no income "screw you stay home". Especially since most of them are filthy rich and suffer not a whit from the shutdown they imposed. 

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

3 hours ago, Guard Dog said:

I'm pretty sure we'd get the police shooting us before hitting 5% participation.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mitch-mcconnell-moves-to-expand-bill-barrs-surveillance-powers

Nothing says freedom like expressly allowing the feds to keep tabs on you without a warrant. Which they were already doing, but now they have a rubber stamp.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

18 hours ago, ComradeMaster said:

Also, it appears that Trump and co are completely ignoring the vast Soviet contribution to the defeat of the Nazi's on Victory Day (V-Day) and calling it flatly an "American and British victory".

He watched Band of Brothers recently, I am guessing.

• Haha 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

7 hours ago, Malcador said:

He watched Band of Brothers recently, I am guessing.

Yup Spielberg was always bad news.  I couldn't quite put my finger on it but I kinda knew it by instinct that this man, at the end of the day, will end up siding with the neo-fascists.

War is bloody Hell, innit?

Three murderers break into Kentucky woman's home past midnight and murder her. The murderers were reportedly surprised that the occupants of the house would attempt to resist the burglary attempt after having been rudely awakened by the sounds of their home being broken into seconds earlier, and started blindly firing into their home, striking and killing the woman. The boyfriend of the woman who was murdered is currently in jail for defending himself and his lady against the plainclothes, breaking-and-entering, midnight murderers even after it turns out they were, in fact, unable to read, having executed their search warrant upon the wrong house.

Oops, think I wrote "murderers" instead of "police officers" a few times there. C'est la vie: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/black-woman-shot-killed-after-kentucky-police-entered-her-home-n1205651

(e): FML, this is not the politics thread. Or, uh, wait...it turns out, they also had coronavirus! More to come...:p

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

29 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Three murderers break into Kentucky woman's home past midnight and murder her. The murderers were reportedly surprised that the occupants of the house would attempt to resist the burglary attempt after having been rudely awakened by the sounds of their home being broken into seconds earlier, and started blindly firing into their home, striking and killing the woman. The boyfriend of the woman who was murdered is currently in jail for defending himself and his lady against the plainclothes, breaking-and-entering, midnight murderers even after it turns out they were, in fact, unable to read, having executed their search warrant upon the wrong house.

Oops, think I wrote "murderers" instead of "police officers" a few times there. C'est la vie: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/nbcblk/black-woman-shot-killed-after-kentucky-police-entered-her-home-n1205651

(e): FML, this is not the politics thread. Or, uh, wait...it turns out, they also had coronavirus! More to come...:p

I'll wait until they release some evidence that the woman was not a nice person, ergo her getting shot was no big deal.

• Like 2

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

44 minutes ago, Bartimaeus said:

Oops, think I wrote "murderers" instead of "police officers" a few times there

Well they are synonyms.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

I hope there is a recording from police bodycams as there are opposing statements from both sides. And having a recording would clear the situation.

1 hour ago, KaineParker said:

Well they are synonyms.

For a crazy person for sure.

166215__front.jpg

So.. the police manage to shoot and kill an unarmed sleeping woman... but didn't kill the man with the gun? That is some weird ass ****.

4 hours ago, Volourn said:

So.. the police manage to shoot and kill an unarmed sleeping woman... but didn't kill the man with the gun? That is some weird ass ****.

The biggest bullies are cowards at heart. They are at their worst when the target is weakest.  Ever notice the most savage beatings come after the suspect is handcuffed and helpless. 

If you have one cop alone they are usually professional and polite. Get two or three together and you have never seen bigger ****. More than three just lie down on the ground and get ready for a beating. 

Edited by Guard Dog
And another thing

Thomas Sowell

5 hours ago, Volourn said:

From what I understand she woke up and was beside the guy.

1 hour ago, Guard Dog said:

The biggest bullies are cowards at heart. They are at their worst when the target is weakest.  Ever notice the most savage beatings come after the suspect is handcuffed and helpless. 

If you have one cop alone they are usually professional and polite. Get two or three together and you have never seen bigger ****. More than three just lie down on the ground and get ready for a beating. 

How's that rant in any way relevant to the story? I'm pretty sure many people around the globe would say the same about the US military you seem to hold in high esteem. Especially many women and children they "liberated".

166215__front.jpg

That's a pretty bizarre story. You've got two very different accounts of what happened. This is why those body cams should be mandatory for all police. Although even if they did correctly identify themselves and announce their intent, there is no excuse for spray and pray tactics.  

10 hours ago, Bartimaeus said:

(e): FML, this is not the politics thread.

Whatever do you mean? :shifty:

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

1 hour ago, Skarpen said:

From what I understand she woke up and was beside the guy.

How's that rant in any way relevant to the story? I'm pretty sure many people around the globe would say the same about the US military you seem to hold in high esteem. Especially many women and children they "liberated".

First of all I didn't reply to you. Second of all have you ever even read a word I said about how the US (mis)uses the military? Somehow it does not sound that way. 

Thomas Sowell

8 hours ago, Skarpen said:

I hope there is a recording from police bodycams as there are opposing statements from both sides. And having a recording would clear the situation.

There isn't, because "the Criminal Interdiction Squad doesn't use them", to no one's surprise.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

40 minutes ago, Hurlshot said:

That's a pretty bizarre story. You've got two very different accounts of what happened. This is why those body cams should be mandatory for all police. Although even if they did correctly identify themselves and announce their intent, there is no excuse for spray and pray tactics.  

Well there are two very different accounts in most cases where there are two opposing parties I presume. Agree on the body cams, recent history shows it's the fastest way for them to clear their name after accused of wrongdoing. I'm surprised there is any opposition in law enforcement to that. I wouldn't call around 25 shots total a spray and pray tactic. That's about two mags of the standard Glock and there were few officers. And they were shot at.

20 minutes ago, Guard Dog said:

First of all I didn't reply to you. Second of all have you ever even read a word I said about how the US (mis)uses the military? Somehow it does not sound that way. 

How's that relevant? And misuse of the military is slightly different topic then how solders behave, but no I don't recall your statements about this.

17 minutes ago, 213374U said:

There isn't, because "the Criminal Interdiction Squad doesn't use them", to no one's surprise.

Well I'm surprised. That's a very bad practice.

166215__front.jpg