Politics First Contact

Amentep

Love that video of 'em talking about Trump. I lol'd and it kinda makes them more sympathetic. Boris still sucks hard, though.

It's weird seeing politicians gossip like that. Makes them almost look human.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

50 minutes ago, Malcador said:

not a scandal, but funny on multiple levels.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

• Haha 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

The funny continued:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-trudeau-hot-mic-cancel-press-conference-leave-nato-macron-laugh-a9232761.html

Donald Trump has been caught mocking press coverage of his decision to abruptly cancel a press conference, which was announced shortly after video surfaced showing several world leaders ridiculing the American president.

During the would-be private remarks, which were observed by multiple reporters in London, Mr Trump congratulated himself for attacking Canadian prime minister Justin Trudeau, who he had called "two-faced" after being seen in the video laughing at the US president.

"Oh. And then you know what they’ll say?” Mr Trump was heard responding to an unknown attendee. “‘He didn’t do a press conference! He didn’t do a press conference!’”

He continued, referring to Mr Trudeau: "That was funny when I said that guy was two-faced."

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

30 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

The mother of fake news isn't as catchy as the mother of dragons

missed opportunity. is no accusation that cnn knowing reported inaccurate but rather that the claims from others cnn accurate reported were so unbelievable that cnn had to know the claims were untrue when reported. is a ridiculous lawsuit, particular as nunes is a public figure. therefore, nunes mighta' well have accused cnn as being the mother#@%&ers o' fake news. 

HA! Good Fun!

• Haha 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

5 minutes ago, daven said:

I can't stand politics.

When the UK general election comes tomorrow, I am going to draw a **** on it.

Corbyn is quite good, I am impressed with his tweets at least and would definitely get behind labour were I living in the U.K.  At least he doesn't come off as a kook like Bernie Sanders.

Just now, ComradeMaster said:

Corbyn is quite good, I am impressed with his tweets at least and would definitely get behind labour were I living in the U.K.  At least he doesn't come off as a kook like Bernie Sanders.

I don't mind Corbyn unlike a lot of people here but I can't bring mysel to vote for Labour. Tony Blair was associated with them and he is still free when he should be locked up!

Maybe i'll vote Green party. The planets going to hell right now.

• Like 2

nowt

." I lol'd and it kinda makes them more sympathetic. "

You find a guy who wears blackface, assaults women, mocks people of other cultures, has alienated half the country as being 'syumpathetic'? That si who Turdo is. One of the most evil people on the planet. The guy, btw,. LOVES China's  form of government. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Once the Green Party goes mainstream in the U.S. (It will, trust me 😉), I'll probably vote Blue in local elections and vote Green for National elections because let's face it, Democrats absolutely suck at National/Global politics.  The Greens would implement subtle ecological programs that would trickle down to local areas and perhaps overseas for foreign aid, it would all be nationally funded and locally controlled.  Greens would not start any wars, and would cut off all aid to Israel.  I can smell the win already!

Edited by ComradeMaster

subtle ecological programs from greens, good one

• Thanks 1

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

Problem is that if the Green party takes over from the Democrats then they just become the new Democrats and that ideological purity would disappear real quick. We'd need to move away from our two party system and the major parties have every incentive to stop that.

I say this as someone who generally supports the Greens

Free games updated 3/4/21

24 minutes ago, ShadySands said:

Problem is that if the Green party takes over from the Democrats then they just become the new Democrats and that ideological purity would disappear real quick. We'd need to move away from our two party system and the major parties have every incentive to stop that.

I say this as someone who generally supports the Greens

Ummm the Greens would not take over from the Democrats, they are an Independent Party.  Why can't we have three major parties instead of two?

If that was the case don't you think we'd have a third major party? I'm not an expert but by my recollection the last time a minor party became a major one was when the Republicans replaced the Whigs. 

I don't see how you can get there without replacing the current left wing party or moving to a ranked and/or proportional voting system.

Personally, I would love for the Greens and Libertarians to become major players but I don't see how you're going to get there without some major systemic changes.

I'd love to be wrong about this and hopefully you'll prove me so.

Free games updated 3/4/21

0VrtiHq.gif

• Like 1

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

In the UK, an ambulance callout costs you £0 in medical bills. The birth of your child costs you £0 in medical bills. In the USA, it's a different story.

British react to the cost of healtcare in America.

Edited by ktchong