Posted (edited)

Hello,

I want to return to PoE2 after a really long time (I was playing pretty much only release version for majority of time). What are some current best/strongest builds for soloing PoE2 on PoTD?

Links to threads with such builds are also appreciated!

Thank you very much in advance for filling me in.

V

PS. Also does fire-arms relead explot still work?

Edited by Voltron

Most likey single class Monk. 

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

SC Monk is very strong, no doubt. I think Bloodmage/Troubadour and Bloodmage/Priest are not far behind. 

General conclusions are based upon three parameters:

1) Renewable resources: Monk, Cipher,  Chanter, Wiz-Blood, and Fighter-Tact

2) Tankiness: Combination of inherent defenses (Fighter-Tact), buffs (Wiz), debuff-buffs (Cipher), passive heals (Chanter, Fighter), CC (Cipher,Wiz)

3) Damage output: Which needs to be in two forms...  a) Efficiently doing damage for regular battles (Wiz), and b) High Pen and DPS for megabosses (Monk)

After playing multiple POTD runs, my thoughts drift towards:

1) Monk-Hel (best option, due to upper-tier powers handling bosses, but weakness is you still need to manually build tankiness)

2) Wiz-Blood / Fighter-Tact (best versatility, good buffs, good defensive options, but need to build PL/AR-pen for mega bosses)

3) Fighter-Tact / Chanter-Troub  (safe, but slower, with great passive healing and consistent resources)

4) Wiz-Blood / Cipher-SB (Wiz buffs + Cipher buffs/debuffs...  this one has great potential, but blossoms level 10+...  SB is for Megabosses)

5) Fighter-Tact / Cipher-Ascended (good overall option, could be swayed to make it SB for megabosses)

6) Cipher (would need to manually build tankiness, but T8/T9 skills would be great for bosses)

7) Wiz (buffs cover tankiness, but arcane dampeners can be rough...  the T8/T9 spells are nice, but not needed for bosses, which is why multi option is better)

8)) Wiz-blood / Monk-Hel (This combo rocks most battles and without access to T8s/T9s its potential falls short on megabosses)

This is what comes to mind if we are talking Solo, POTD, and Megabosses.  If you drop the megabosses, then anything is viable with thoughtful tactics and minimal cheese.  

• Thanks 1

Only tankiness on helwalker you need are immunities for hard cc and interrupts (concentration or immunitie).  I've tinkered with wiz/monk solo and Belranga and big ooze went down,  didn't try others but Dorudugan is for sure possible,  maybe Auranic. No clue about the last one. 

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg

What also was strong on solo PotD for me, compared to most other builds I tried was a melee Geomancer (Stalker/Wizard). But I didn't try the megabosses with it. Was real smooth will all other bosses - without any resting bonuses and consumables.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

5 hours ago, heldred said:

General conclusions are based upon three parameters:

1) Renewable resources: Monk, Cipher,  Chanter, Wiz-Blood, and Fighter-Tact

2) Tankiness: Combination of inherent defenses (Fighter-Tact), buffs (Wiz), debuff-buffs (Cipher), passive heals (Chanter, Fighter), CC (Cipher,Wiz)

3) Damage output: Which needs to be in two forms...  a) Efficiently doing damage for regular battles (Wiz), and b) High Pen and DPS for megabosses (Monk)

After playing multiple POTD runs, my thoughts drift towards:

1) Monk-Hel (best option, due to upper-tier powers handling bosses, but weakness is you still need to manually build tankiness)

2) Wiz-Blood / Fighter-Tact (best versatility, good buffs, good defensive options, but need to build PL/AR-pen for mega bosses)

3) Fighter-Tact / Chanter-Troub  (safe, but slower, with great passive healing and consistent resources)

4) Wiz-Blood / Cipher-SB (Wiz buffs + Cipher buffs/debuffs...  this one has great potential, but blossoms level 10+...  SB is for Megabosses)

5) Fighter-Tact / Cipher-Ascended (good overall option, could be swayed to make it SB for megabosses)

6) Cipher (would need to manually build tankiness, but T8/T9 skills would be great for bosses)

7) Wiz (buffs cover tankiness, but arcane dampeners can be rough...  the T8/T9 spells are nice, but not needed for bosses, which is why multi option is better)

8)) Wiz-blood / Monk-Hel (This combo rocks most battles and without access to T8s/T9s its potential falls short on megabosses)

This is what comes to mind if we are talking Solo, POTD, and Megabosses.  If you drop the megabosses, then anything is viable with thoughtful tactics and minimal cheese.  

Also depends on if you carry vela or not. We can just simply get what class can do ultimate through a process of elimination.

Woedica + Ethos means classes that cannot regen class resources are elimated, which leaves us Chanter, Cipher, Tactician, Bloodmage and Monk, sc or multiclassed.

Hylea + Mega boss means we need to kill mega boss very fast and keep vela alive by withdrawal(unless someone find another method), which leaves us priest, monk or probably soulblade(not sure about this).

Abydon means the class better relies on spell/summon weapon or fist, which also lead us to monk/bloodmage.

Therefore I think monk is best candidate

2 hours ago, Boeroer said:

What also was strong on solo PotD for me, compared to most other builds I tried was a melee Geomancer (Stalker/Wizard). But I didn't try the megabosses with it. Was real smooth will all other bosses - without any resting bonuses and consumables.

Sounds like we need someone who knows a lot about this game to post a Geomancer build... ;) 

8 minutes ago, whimper said:

Sounds like we need someone who knows a lot about this game to post a Geomancer build... ;) 

I second that. After Boeroer posted a lot of interesting builds for PoE1 he now keeps them all for himself. I guess there are no more nerfs, so you can start posting mate! 

• Haha 1

I am wondering, would cypher SB and Monk multiclass work at popping the megabosses? I did this for my first playthrough and so shied away from it in subsequent ones, but I have never actually beaten the game yet, and figure since it is 'done' as it were, this is the time to do a full completion type game.

40 minutes ago, stratigo said:

I am wondering, would cypher SB and Monk multiclass work at popping the megabosses? I did this for my first playthrough and so shied away from it in subsequent ones, but I have never actually beaten the game yet, and figure since it is 'done' as it were, this is the time to do a full completion type game.

No tools against big ooze I think. 

signature2jpg-SM2.jpg