Returning after a long time: current PotD SOLO strongest builds?

4 hours ago, Waski said:

it's off topic but it looks like grabbing easy xp (smth like 5k, thats what i did) in sandswept straight out of Maje is beneficial in long run on eothas challenge 

i've did a quick check on vods (bm/skaen for me) and

Vic reacheas Ashen Maw on 1st Late Spring (lv 9)

abot on 5th ( he is lv 16 which he gets around 1st Late Spring from what i can gather and giant grub is dead)

mine bm/skaen on 2nd (lv 16 maybe day earlier and already killed Concelhaut)

but i suspect Vic path has more potential for improvment (didn't see it all yet)

I went in a storm by accident. 😛

• Haha 1

I am actually level 17 in Ashen Maw (I just level up before fighting the fire beasts), hard to compare waypoints with different levels, but anyway my point is: regardless how you spend not-mandadatory-for-the-challenge time (e.g. I like to do some bounty battles soon if possible, more stealth oriented classes/playstyle may want to get sandsweep XP and reach ultimate waypoints like hasongo and ashen maw sooner) having faster sailing ASAP will give you more time to do anything else you may like/need in the total run

6 hours ago, abot said:

I am actually level 17 in Ashen Maw (I just level up before fighting the fire beasts), hard to compare waypoints with different levels, but anyway my point is: regardless how you spend not-mandadatory-for-the-challenge time (e.g. I like to do some bounty battles soon if possible, more stealth oriented classes/playstyle may want to get sandsweep XP and reach ultimate waypoints like hasongo and ashen maw sooner) having faster sailing ASAP will give you more time to do anything else you may like/need in the total run

I'm honestly very confused about what point you are trying to make.

I replied to a comment about going to Dunnage first and then going back to Sandswept, saying that isn't necessary and you can get all the traps giving xp by just respeccing in maje.

The comment you replied to never claimed anyone should go to Sandswept, it was just to clarify you can easily go to Sandswept right after maje, never said you have to go there at all.

Also the poster I replied to never asked about Eothas/Ultimate in the first place, so unless I'm totally missing the point here this entire "discussion" just doesn't have a point. 😛

Imo the pet is the strongest suit when going solo because you can "stack" it with summons. 

I played a solo Stalker/Bloodmage in heaviest armor with Willbreaker and Blightheart. Made use of Takedown Combo from Bear + Essential Phantom with one-handed Draining Touch. Didn't try Megabosses (too grindy), but enemies like Neriscyrlas were done easily. 

A Geomancer has nearly everything imo: interrupts, good defenses and AR, good ACC, summons + additional body. It lacks healing first but you can manage with Corrosive Siphon until you get Wall of Draining and prolong healing shots from Blightheart and Healing Hands (Minor Lay on Hands) or simply potions so you can't really die except by one-shots. 

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods