Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi again. Since I forgot Watershapers, Stormspeakers and Gunhawks I figured I'd give you a quick update on those. Also altered Fury and some others based on the feedback list. But main concern is Stormspeaker, Watershaper and Gunhawk at this point (since new). What Do you think?

have a look:


new_ability_icons_v21.png?dl=1

  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like what I see :)

Only thing I'm lukewarm about are the teeth in the Stormspeaker icon, though I understand what you were going for.


"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AndreaColombo said:

I like what I see :)

Only thing I'm lukewarm about are the teeth in the Stormspeaker icon, though I understand what you were going for.

Yeah - it's the one I'm not too happy with either. :)


Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Majber said:

How can I download this mod?

The icons are not yet included though.


Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thank you. I think you should add that link to 1st post with some change log to avoid requests like my post :)

Edited by Majber
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question about the community patch:

Quote

Backstab got reworked. Instead of providing +100% base damage bonus, it now deals bonus 20 Raw damage (+5% per PL) (and generates the same amount of focus for mindstalkers).

Is this a +20% lash (+5%/PL) or a flat +20 DMG (+5 damage/PL)? Was kind of confused by the combination of +20 and +5%.

Or is it actually like it says: +20 flat damage, then +5% lash/PL? Because that would help improve backstabs for weapons with low base damage.

Anyway, thank you all for your work on this.  Can't wait to play the final release, this rebalance has improved a lot of class combinations that were hard passes before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Purudaya said:

Is this a +20% lash (+5%/PL) or a flat +20 DMG (+5 damage/PL)? Was kind of confused by the combination of +20 and +5%.

Or is it actually like it says: +20 flat damage, then +5% lash/PL? Because that would help improve backstabs for weapons with low base damage.

It's flat 20 Raw base Damage + 5% (+1 pt.) each PL.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't see th code but it was discussed like this:

It is 20 raw direct raw damage (no lash). Which makes it completely independent from the used weapon (which was the goal: to make it viable with light weapons such as daggers and stilettos etc.). It gets increased by 5% per additional Power Level - like many other damaging abilities. 5% in this case simply means it gains 1 raw damage per additional Power Level.

Backstab itself is PL 1, so with PL 2 you'll get +5% bonus.

With the bonus of 5 Power Levels (e.g. at PL 6) it would deal 25 raw damage. With +9 PL (e.g single class Rogue at PL 9 with Prestige) it would do 29 raw and so on.

Comparison with the old Backstab (always 100% base weapon damage, doesn't scale):

  • with a Great Sword: + 21 slash/pierce
  • with a Dagger: +12 slash
  • with an Arquebus: 23 pierce 
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

It is 20 raw direct raw damage (no lash). Which makes it completely independent from the used weapon (which was the goal: to make it viable with light weapons such as daggers and stilettos etc.). It gets increased by 5% per additional Power Level - like many other damaging abilities. 5% in this case simply means it gains 1 raw damage per additional Power Level.

Backstab itself is PL 1, so with PL 2 you'll get +5% bonus.

With the bonus of 5 Power Levels (e.g. at PL 6) it would deal 25 raw damage. With +9 PL (e.g single class Rogue at PL 9 with Prestige) it would do 29 raw and so on.

Comparison with the old Backstab (always 100% base weapon damage, doesn't scale):

  • with a Great Sword: + 21 slash/pierce
  • with a Dagger: +12 slash
  • with an Arquebus: 23 pierce 

Exactly!

P.S. can anyone provide me a save in Neketaka (right after arrival)?

Edited by Phenomenum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hiho!

I altered all icons which were mentioned green (and most yellow) in the feedback list above (or previous page - only exception: Distracting Training - no idea yet). I also altered Stormspeaker right away because I didn't like it.

See spoiler tag...

Please comment!
 


new_ability_icons_v22.png?dl=1



PS: sorry, linked the wrong img. Please reload site! :blush: Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@MaxQuest @Phenomenum Why the backstab to flat damage is included in the CommunityPatchBasic, shouldn't it only include changes which has poll > 66%? I only installed the basic one but my backstab is broken, also it is not working, no extra raw damage.

Also does it make more sense if we change Paladin's Virtuous Triumph to 50% on kill gain zeal, we shall also change barb's to same quality?

Extra feedback on Community patch:

yspOPva.jpg

Also, should this ability be a level 0 ability since u get it automatically on level 0? Faith and Conviction -> Deep Faith can follow the upgrade tree but the Penetrating imbue should be at lvl 0 imo.

 

Edited by dunehunter
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The poll showed 84.3% in favor of a change of backstab. There were 3 options for a change given. Of course none of the individual options made +66%. The flat dmg was the strongest option in the poll.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Thanks 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

The poll showed 84.3% in favor of a change of backstab. There were 3 options for a change given. Of course none of the individual options made +66%. The flat dmg was the strongest option in the poll.

Yeah but based on MaxQuest's statement, the basic patch should only include changes that get >66% polls, also that 84.3% u mentioned is divided into two group, 1. raw flat damage; 2. extra coefficient . The 1st one got 37% vote while 2nd get 32%, very close to each other. Also 2nd vote and 3rd seems to be very similar to each other imo.

Edited by dunehunter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The general wish for a change got 84.3% as I said. It was only devided between three options that got into detail how to change it. The raw dmg was the strongest one so it's reasonable to implement a change (since more than 80% wanted one) and then choose the option that was most popular.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, dunehunter said:

Also does it make more sense if we change Paladin's Virtuous Triumph to 50% on kill gain zeal, we shall also change barb's to same quality?

There was a lenghty discussion and a poll for a reason. 😋


Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, dunehunter said:

Why the backstab to flat damage is included in the CommunityPatchBasic, shouldn't it only include changes which has poll > 66%? I only installed the basic one but my backstab is broken, also it is not working, no extra raw damage.

Just checked. It's working fine on my side. Both with autoattack and martial abilities. With ranged and melee weapons. Could you provide a savefile?

 


9U3ICiJ.png

About Backstab in Base version - it's likely Max's mistake. It should be in Extras.

 

Edited by Phenomenum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My understand is only votes with more than 66% should be included in basic, if it is mixed then should be in extra becaues people has bias opinions on the feature, maybe I'm wrong. @Phenomenum weird, I will try with newest save and see if it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dunehunter said:

Also, should this ability be a level 0 ability since u get it automatically on level 0? Faith and Conviction -> Deep Faith can follow the upgrade tree but the Penetrating imbue should be at lvl 0 imo.

Yes, i will change this to Lvl 0 ability to avoid confusion.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dunehunter said:

My understand is only votes with more than 66% should be included in basic, if it is mixed then should be in extra becaues people has bias opinions on the feature, maybe I'm wrong.

No, you're right.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Hiho!

I altered all icons which were mentioned green (and most yellow) in the feedback list above (or previous page - only exception: Distracting Training - no idea yet). I also altered Stormspeaker right away because I didn't like it.

See spoiler tag...

Please comment!
 

 

  Reveal hidden contents


new_ability_icons_v22.png?dl=1

 

 


PS: sorry, linked the wrong img. Please reload site! :blush:

Some feedback:

  • Barbarian
    • I liked your first version of "Corpse Eater", for what it's worth.
  • Rogue
    • "Assassin" is a little too similar to "Backstab", in my opinion. Perhaps add a target (a person's back?) to the backstab icon? Or remove the dripping poison/blood?
    • "Trickster" looks like it doesn't fit the rest of the rogue icons; I think it needs to mesh both the illusionist and rogue aesthetics together. I would keep the illusion "orbs", ditch the hat and replace it with something else. Or perhaps take the sneak attack icon image and do something similar to mirror image with it?
  • Paladin
    • "Devine Retribution" should be "Divine Retribution".
  • Ranger
    • "Distracting Training": perhaps an image of an animal's paw/hoof stamping down on a sword?
  • Druid
    • Wildstrike icons: I would remove the "dripping" from the claws of the first and second levels of Wildstrike, and then add it back in for Wildstrike Frenzy. So e.g. the current icon for "Greater Wildstrike Burn" would be the new icon for "Wildstrike Frenzy - Burn".
  • Wizard
    • In general, I think these subclass icons look too much like individual abilities, and could do with more abstracting. I think the change you made to "Transmuter" is the right direction.
    • "Blood Mage": I do like this icon, but perhaps flip the pentagram?

 

Edit: Sorry, posted before I meant to. One minute!

Edit2: Done. Apparently certain hotkeys autopost...

Edited by ocelotter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Okay...? 😄

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Phenomenum Yes you are right, the flat damage of backstab is working, The combat log is just a bit confusing so I thought it was not working. Take a look at the screenshot, it would be nice if the damage log is same as Soul Annihilation.

As u see, there was a Dot after all damage, which makes me think it's broken.

5hL17Dv.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...