37 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

1. What do you mean? Adding to those 2 spells weapons keywords to gain benefit of some weapon modals? Or what?
2. Don't know how to do it right now.

1. I think they mean flagging these summoned weapons to have a weapon type. IIRC Minor Blights was tagged as a wand in PoE 1. 

• Like 1

Precisely.

For example, right now it’s impossible for a Devoted/Wizard to benefit from the Devoted’s class perk while using the Blights, for the Blights aren’t using any proficiency and therefore there is no proficiency they can pick at CC that would enable that.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

4 minutes ago, AndreaColombo said:

Precisely.

For example, right now it’s impossible for a Devoted/Wizard to benefit from the Devoted’s class perk while using the Blights, for the Blights aren’t using any proficiency and therefore there is no proficiency they can pick at CC that would enable that.

Sounds easy enough. And what weapon types you suggesting for Blights ans Rot Skulls? Also it maybe requires switch TreatAsWeapon flag to "true" - it means, this spells will start to receive all weapon related bonuses (Acc, Pen, Damage). Wouldn't it be too much?

@Ivanfyodorovich mentions the Blights and Rot Skulls were using the Wand proficiency in the first game, which I recall @MaxQuest confirming too during the backer beta days. I would be fine with using the same proficiency in Deadfire.

As for the TreatAsWeapon flag, we could check how other summoned weapons are setup. For example, Concelhaut’s Parasitic Staff correctly uses the Staff proficiency and behaves correctly; we could mirror its setup for the Blights and Skulls, except with the Wand proficiency instead.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

5 minutes ago, AndreaColombo said:

mentions the Blights and Rot Skulls were using the Wand proficiency in the first game, which I recall @MaxQuest confirming too during the backer beta days. I would be fine with using the same proficiency in Deadfire. 

As for the TreatAsWeapon flag, we could check how other summoned weapons are setup. For example, Concelhaut’s Parasitic Staff correctly uses the Staff proficiency and behaves correctly; we could mirror its setup for the Blights and Skulls, except with the Wand proficiency instead.

Ok, i'll try to do this.

• Thanks 1

w00t! How did you do that? 😄

EDIT: Just seen the other thread. Amazing! :banana:

Edited by AndreaColombo

If you know any sources that show symbols of paladin orders or other subclasses please let me know. I tried to find source material but only found basic stuff (e.g. that Pallegina's order has five suns - surprise surprise).

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

14 hours ago, Boeroer said:

If you know any sources that show symbols of paladin orders or other subclasses please let me know. I tried to find source material but only found basic stuff (e.g. that Pallegina's order has five suns - surprise surprise).

Nope. And i can't remember if i ever seen any of Subclasses icons ingame.

I also can't remember seeing anything. I thought that maybe at least the paladin orders have some heraldry - but I found nothing. The only thing is the gods' symbols - and those I used for the priest subclasses (except Gaun because there is no official one that I know of). That made Priest subclasses' icons very easy.

Edited by Boeroer

21 hours ago, Boeroer said:

21 to go.

Here's what I've done so far:

Nice :) and here we go:

• Black Jacket: made me chuckle) - what would a Black Jacket icon would look like? - well_there_it_is.jpg . On serious note, I think it is taken too literally)
  • Devoted: nice
  • Tactician: good, and really suggestive
  • Brilliant Tact, and Tact Dilemma: really fitting, given Tactician's icon above
  • Berserker: doesn't reflect the enraged nature of berserker. Maybe need some drop of blood?
  • Corpse Eater: cheshire smile? :) Well... it is better than cadaver I guess.
  • Furyshapper: unexpected, but actually ok ^^
  • Mageslayer: crushing the pentagram? Hmm, ok
  • Assassin: ok
  • Debonaire: good
  • Cowardice: great
  • Streetfighter: good enough
  • Trickster: good enough
  • Forbidden Fist: good enough
  • Helwalker: don't like it. Looks like walking on pins/caltrops. Btw, isn't Hel a second name for The Beyond?
  • Nalpazka: ok
  • Shattered Pillar: duh
  • Ascendant: good enough. But could you apply here those "wings" from Soul Blade?
  • Beguiler: superb
  • Soul Blade: quite nice, but atm, SB looks more ascending than Ascendant himself.
  • Psion: don't like it. Gives an impression that he is looking at something in a strange window. The meditative state of Ascendant icon could fit here.
  • Priest: all 8 are great
  • Thanks 1

Ok, all subclasses' icons done - at least the first iteration:

new_ability_icons_v19.png?dl=1

Feel free to comment. :)

Next step is to create the last missing general passives (Quick Summoning and such) and then to incorporate the feedback I get/got from you. Some changes I already implemented, but not too many of them. I will compile a list with the feedback so far.  

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 6

15 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Feel free to comment. :)

Well, first of all thank you for doing all these in the first place :)

As for actual feedback on the newly added (subclass) icons, they are all pretty good, and in order to comment on them need to enter high picky mode. So:

• Skald: do really like that feather/weapon duality. But that hatchet choice is a bit unclear. A battle axe, stiletto or especially a rapier are more associated with crits for me.
  • Troubadour: good
  • Beckoner: snaker charmer? good enough)
  • Belower: good
  • Conjurer, Illusionist: great
  • Enchanter, Transmuter, Bloodmage: good enough
  • Evoker: so so.. that flame looks a bit like an onion
  • Reflexive Mirror, Free Action: good
  • Animist, Lifegiver, Shifter, Ancient: great
  • Fury: something something Alien vs Predator... For me Fury rather associates with Storm from X-Men.
  • Ghostheart: good
  • Sharpshooter, Stalker, Arcane Archer: great
Edited by MaxQuest

42 minutes ago, MaxQuest said:
  • Skald: do really like that feather/weapon duality. But that hatchet choice is a bit unclear. A battle axe, stiletto or especially a rapier are more associated with crits for me.

Maybe, but I tried to take into account what a "Skald" actually was (historically). They were norse poets (not singers). Kind of wandering historians, too. So I chose the norse axe. Rapiers and such really don't fit the original Skald, even if they are good for crits in Deadfire. 🙂
Sure: I mustn't stick to such things too fiercely. But if any north european player reads "Skald" and sees a Rapier he/she will be like "wtf???" 😆

Evoker: no problem, I can do plenty of variants for a Fireball. Or I use Missiles since they would "fill" the space better...?

Fury: I just reused the shape from Toughened Fury (trying to spare some time). Good idea with Storm from X-Men. Maybe just an angry face with sparky eyes or something will do.

The ones I don't like myself (but let them be in order to get the first round finished😞

• Combat Focus: looks too geomatrical somehow. I wanted to depict the "focus" of a camera lens but it just doesn't seem to fit.
  • Prestige: the combo looks a bit weird somehow. Maybe I will just remove the arrow and use a bit simpler laurel wreath?
  • Black Jacket: Although the Black Jackets indeed wear black brigandines (hence I depicted one) it just looks too different from the other icons.
  • Berserker: not really meaningful.
  • Corpse Eater: I like the idea of the filed cannibal theeth - but it looks more like a monster atm. If I put it in a human face it also looks weird. No idea how else to depict Corpse Eater though.
  • Helwalker: looks more like a Fakir. But I thought "walking Hel and suffering increased dmg"... ;)
  • Psion: Just difficult to differenciate the cipher subclasses, especially Ascendant and Psion. They are all "psionic" classes somehow. So I wanted to emphasize on the telekinesis which is special. Need to draw it in another way. Or I do indeed use the meditating one for Psion (who meditates kind of to gain focus) and invent somnething alse for Ascendant (mayne "angel" wings as a sign of ascension).
  • Iron Will: the general idea is ok I guess, but it looks off.
  • Ghost Heart: I like that the antlers form a heart-shape. But the spirit-swirly stuff has to be done better.
  • Stalker: eh meh
  • Stalker's Link: eh meh 2
  • Wildstrike Frenzy: I'm so out of ideas and this is the best I could come up with after several (internal) iterations
  • Enchanter/Transmuter: too similar. Also maybe to filigree with the lines and all.

Thanks for the continuous and thorough feedback @MaxQuest! 👍

Edited by Boeroer

3 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Maybe, but I tried to take into account what a "Skald" actually was (historically). They were norse poets (not singers). Kind of wandering historians, too. So I chose the norse axe. Rapiers and such really don't fit the original Skald, even if they are good for crits in Deadfire. 🙂
Sure: I mustn't stick to such things too fiercely. But if any north european player reads "Skald" and sees a Rapier he/she will be like "wtf???" 😆

Makes sense then)

• Like 1

Ha! I indeed had the "Rattenfänger von Hameln" on my mind when doing the Beckoner icon. Is is an indian snake charmer's pugi that I depicted though. Just to make it more recognizable.

Edited by Boeroer

Wooo! Great! I' second to Max - you did eXXellent work! Some polish here and there and then i'll try to do my best to give that icons perfect look. I will type detailed feedback later today.

fmfNqfP.png   "I swear before the whore that is Magran, this small stinky blue orlan is worth something!"

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 3

General: I see no issues here.
Fighter:
- Black Jacket. I agree with Max's feedback - too straight interpretation. But on the other side it fits to subclass description. I'll let you know if i have some alternative suggestion.
- Shield Mastery. I don't like these "stars". Maybe try to remove one of them?
- Confident Aim. Overall composition is weird - too small elements, too much free space. Vanilla icon (sword and star) is better at the moment.
Barbarian:
- Corpse Eater. Cheshire smile is funny, but it's not connected to "corpse eating". In my mind.
- One Stands Alone. Try to remove two pikes on top.
Monk:
- Crusible of suffering. Great idea but i worry about face in 42x42. Maybe worth to make features more simplified and distinct?
Paladin:
- Goldpact Knights. Round type will turn into a grey mess in 42x42. Try to simplify.
- Frermas Mec Canc Suolias. 5 Stars will turn into a 5 blurry rounds in 42x42. Try to make them more distinct, with less rays count.
Ranger:
- Straightened / Defensive bond. Oh, i said about this this already. Defensive - without rays, Straightened - with current Defensive icon.
- Driving Flight. Don't like it at all. I'll try to find some additional suggestion.
- Distracted Training. Same.
Wizard:
- Transmutter. Weeeird thing)
Chanter:
- Don't like Bellower. Too straight interpretation.

I think this is all, for now. Before l'll see all icons in game, i can't say more.

• Thanks 1