1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

I can expand the more roundish symbols for a square canvas.

OK.

Distracting Training: it's a boar that got missed by a melee attack. Easy.

Well... Not quite so))

1 hour ago, Boeroer said:

I think I can just delete some of the filigree leafs and then Sup

OK.

Phenomenum, MaxQuest - What is the scope you had in mind for your fixpack mod?

I'm asking because I doubt all our reported typos will make it to this week's patch, and I thought perhaps we could include a textual component in your mod that fixes any outstanding typos Obsidian won't address—as well as, possibly, minor bugs that it doesn't make sense to report at this stage (e.g. in Maia's quest you encounter a Huana in Tikawara who clearly speaks in a woman's voice, yet her character model is male.)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

@AndreaColombo Don't know :grin: At first, we wanted to fix some oversights and "trash" abilities. Then i started workin with Keywords – and then we realize that we need to create additional Trinkets for Priests and Druids... Then @Boeroer asked about icons and seems like we will make several mods: Abilities fixes (2 versions – obvious fixes only and fixes + all poll suggestions), Keywords, Trinkets, Icons. 4 mods - the way i see it.

As for typos... Ah, i'm currently ****** busy with typos, grammar mistakes and translation errors in russian localization (dialogues i mean). As for english, @MaxQuest probably can do something, but it will be better if he answer himself.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AndreaColombo said:

(e.g. in Maia's quest you encounter a Huana in Tikawara who clearly speaks in a woman's voice, yet her character model is male.) 

Maybe she / he on the road of great transformation from disgusting man to beautiful woman? 🌈
I'm jokin'. Strange, becose even in dialogues this guy described as huana MAN. And if Obsidian made female voiceover for him by accident... I hardly imagine what we can do.

P.S. I wonder how so many (about several hungreds) typos has passed initial QA. I mean, i can understand some mistakes and typos in russian localization, but english language is a native for writers... How?

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

I'm jokin'. Strange, becose even in dialogues this guy described as huana MAN. And if Obsidian made female voiceover for him by accident... I hardly imagine what we can do.

Well, we can't change the VO but we can swap the character model and alter the text to say it's a woman.

29 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

@AndreaColombo Don't know :grin: At first, we wanted to fix some oversights and "trash" abilities. Then i started workin with Keywords – and then we realize that we need to create additional Trinkets for Priests and Druids... Then @Boeroer asked about icons and seems like we will make several mods: Abilities fixes (2 versions – obvious fixes only and fixes + all poll suggestions), Keywords, Trinkets, Icons. 4 mods - the way i see it.

Or four components of the same mod (not that it would make a tremendous difference, to be honest) :)

Let's see what MaxQuest says about typos. The first step is of course to wait for the patch and see how many typos were reported and left there. I suspect they won't be a great deal many, to the point that having a standalone mod just for those could feel a tad overkill. If that turned out to be the case, we could make it a component of the mod with the fixes.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Just now, AndreaColombo said:

Well, we can't change the VO but we can swap the character model and alter the text to say it's a woman.

Text - yes, it's easy to do. As for model... u can PM to @Fhav6X - he might know how to substitute model. At least, he know how to work with unity.assets.

But it's just my speculations.

Or four components of the same mod (not that it would make a tremendous difference, to be honest)

Yes, but for now (because we don't know what Obsidian will bring to us in BIGGEST IN ETERNITY PATCH, and because different peoples have different tastes) it's will be better to divide the whole bunch of changes into 4 separate mods.

Let's see what MaxQuest says about typos. The first step is of course to wait for the patch and see how many typos were reported and left there. I suspect they won't be a great deal many, to the point that having a standalone mod just for those could feel a tad overkill. If that turned out to be the case, we could make it a component of the mod with the fixes.

Agreed. But all things related to english goes to Max. I've reported one english typo, because compared all russian - english dialogues side by side, and just noticed those mistake.

15 hours ago, AndreaColombo said:

Phenomenum, MaxQuest - What is the scope you had in mind for your fixpack mod?

I'm asking because I doubt all our reported typos will make it to this week's patch, and I thought perhaps we could include a textual component in your mod that fixes any outstanding typos Obsidian won't address—as well as, possibly, minor bugs that it doesn't make sense to report at this stage (e.g. in Maia's quest you encounter a Huana in Tikawara who clearly speaks in a woman's voice, yet her character model is male.)

The idea is to make a mod available in two "editions":

- Conservative: which would include only suggestions from the poll, with 66+% votes pro.

- Extended: which would include only suggestions from the poll, with 50+% votes pro.

I'd prefer to focus on these first, since it's better to have one thing finished, rather than two unfinished)

After that I'd like to consider:

• Druid and priest trinkets mod
  • Soulblade revamp mod
  • Custom spinoff from Deadly Deadfire

and finally play the game ^^

P.S. Although if you are referring to the typos from the last page only, those are kinda fast to do, so I could include those.

Hehe, as for that Huana, I was thinking that it could either be some transgender or a man with a high pitch voice)

P.P.S. I'd also like to see the following being implemented:

• Clear slog zone debuff on rest.
  • Swap all existing ApplyOverTime to ApplyOnTick. (if Obsidian does nothing about ApplyOverTime being affected by INT, and other duration modifiers)
  • Make Wounding Shot DoT stack with itself.
  • Make Maiming DoT (from Effort sword) stack with itself.
  • Nerf Deep Wounds to tick 2 times for 10%, instead of 3 times, at 10MIG/INT.
  • Fix Rot Skulls AoE penetration. (already done by Phenomenum)
  • Make Forbidden Fist to be considered a weapon attack. (already done by Phenomenum)
  • Make Soul Annihilation kills trigger Mob Stance.

But these points were not in the poll, so I am not sure were to include them. 

So far I see two approaches: include them along with few untypos, in the Extended edition. Or, create a new 'edition', let's say "Extra" or "Overhaul"?

to Boeroer:

• Spiritshift: looks awesome
  • Frenzy: good
  • Wildstrike Shock: ok
  • Wildstrike Burn/Corrode: good enough
  • Wildstrike Freeze: ~  it looks like nettle 
Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 2

Altered some of the criticized "old" icons (from Fighter, Rogue, Paladin) and also Ranger's. So just a quick update. Special subclass passive icons will follow soon.

new_ability_icons_v17.png?dl=1

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

2 hours ago, MaxQuest said:

- Conservative: which would include only suggestions from the poll, with 66+% votes pro.

- Extended: which would include only suggestions from the poll, with 50+% votes pro.

I'd prefer to focus on these first, since it's better to have one thing finished, rather than two unfinished)

After that I'd like to consider:

• Druid and priest trinkets mod
  • Soulblade revamp mod
  • Custom spinoff from Deadly Deadfire

and finally play the game ^^

P.S. Although if you are referring to the typos from the last page only, those are kinda fast to do, so I could include those.

Hehe, as for that Huana, I was thinking that it could either be some transgender or a man with a high pitch voice)

• Swap all existing ApplyOverTime to ApplyOnTick. (if Obsidian does nothing about ApplyOverTime being affected by INT, and other duration modifiers)
  • Make Forbidden Fist to be considered a weapon attack. (already done by Phenomenum)

So far I see two approaches: include them along with few untypos, in the Extended edition. Or, create a new 'edition', let's say "Extra" or "Overhaul"?

to Boeroer:

• Spiritshift: looks awesome
  • Frenzy: good
  • Wildstrike Shock: ok
  • Wildstrike Burn/Corrode: good enough
  • Wildstrike Freeze: ~  it looks like nettle 

We can always have a Round 2 poll ;) To bad I didn’t participate in the first poll 😕 Was afk at that moment.

• Hmmm 1

11 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

Please be more specific.

Dunno... I hoped it will be identical to original, just in passive 1 color style. Something like this (i quickly painted just right now):
ztyNAdq.pngRNoqsme.jpg

And i don't think we need special icons for Greater Wildstrike & Wildstrike Frenzy.

Edited by Phenomenum

I can do that. I just thought the originals weren't that great because so much of the claw gets clipped. :)

Also: those are always the same icons for Wildstrike, Greater Wildstrike and Wildstrike Frenzy. And since there was so little space in the original icons to expand the fire/freeze etc...

Edited by Boeroer

13 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

can do that. I just thought the originals weren't that great because so much of the claw gets clipped.

Yeah, it's...not perfect, i agree. Let's think about some other variants.
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcReuCxOJzJRhLK3_moJap8

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaxQuest said:

My idea (all names are completely arbitrary and for the sake of making the example; they can be changed to be anything):

Say you have the "Community Fixpack" mod. The mod could easily be made "modular" by including different gamedatabundle files:

• core.gamedatabundle - Would include fixes that got 66%+ in the community poll.
  • extended.gamedatabundle - Would include fixes that got between 50% and 66% in the community poll. It doesn't need to include fixes above 66% as the two files can be used simultaneously.
  • extra.gamedatabundle - Would include the other fixes/changes you listed above.
  • keywords.gamedatabundle - Would include Phenomenum's keyword fixes (which I assume would supersede this mod.)

Provided that the contents of each file were adequately documented, it would then be very easy for users to customize their installation as they see fit (suffice to delete or avoid copying a file whose fixes you have no interest in.)

In addition to the above, we could include a fix for English typos (which again would be easy to delete/avoid, though who wouldn't want proper grammar and punctuation in a text-heavy game? :)) My assumption is that Obsidian will be fixing most of what's been reported, but some typos might have been reported too late to make the patch. The easiest way to find them would be to work our way up backwards in the typo thread you linked, from the last reported typo all the way until we run into one that has already been fixed (which would mark the point to which Obsidian got.) I don't expect there to be many typos that need fixing.

5 hours ago, AndreaColombo said:

My idea (all names are completely arbitrary and for the sake of making the example; they can be changed to be anything):

Say you have the "Community Fixpack" mod. The mod could easily be made "modular" by including different gamedatabundle files:

• core.gamedatabundle - Would include fixes that got 66%+ in the community poll.
  • extended.gamedatabundle - Would include fixes that got between 50% and 66% in the community poll. It doesn't need to include fixes above 66% as the two files can be used simultaneously.
  • extra.gamedatabundle - Would include the other fixes/changes you listed above.
  • keywords.gamedatabundle - Would include Phenomenum's keyword fixes (which I assume would supersede this mod.)

I am thinking of making each suggestion a separate file. E.g:

• cl.monk.resonant_touch.gamedatabundle
  • cl.monk.shattered_pillar_wounds_limit.gamedatabundle
  • race.moon_godlike.silver_tide.gamedatabundle
  • and so on

This way it is easier to find the needed stuff for both modder and the player (if the later wants to delete some specific change).

I am still thinking how to organize localization though. As the game doesn't pick the strings from <modname>/conservative/localized/en/game/..

It seems to look specifically at: <modname>/localized/en/game/ folder, and at specifically named stringtables.

That's why atm I use:

FineTunedDeadfire
  - design
    - conservative
      - gamedata
        - cl.cipher.biting_whip.gamedatabundle
        - cl.cipher.body_attunement.gamedatabundle
        - cl.monk.resonant_touch.gamedatabundle
        - cl.monk.shattered_pillar_wounds_limit.gamedatabundle
        - race.moon_godlike.silver_tide.gamedatabundle
    - extended
      - gamedata
        -
  - localized
    - en
      - text
        - game
          - abilities.stringtable
          - statuseffects.stringtable

But I don't really like that stringtables are common for all 'editions'. Because if the player deletes one gamedatabundle, he might get a new text for the vanilla ability; unless I always create new entries, instead of editing existing one.

I will think more about it later.

@Boeroer, I think the icons are ok. But the colors seem to be a little bit too vivid, unless this is consistent with already existing ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No, the colors were just added (quick and dirty style) by me to support the corresp. element. I quickly eyeballed them. It's just for a first impression. The "correct" background will be added by Phenomenum.

Couple extra thoughts for the community patch:

• Assign a weapon proficiency to Kalakoth's Minor Blights and Rot Skulls. IIRC both spells had a proficiency assigned in the first game, but they don't in Deadfire—meaning that all talents and abilities that rely on weapons with which the character is proficient can never work with them. Would it be possible to include a component that restores the original PoE proficiency for these?
  • (Quite sure this isn't possible but I figured I'd ask) Is it possible to change Gaun's spiritual weapons so that, if Xoti's lantern has been enchanted with Threshing Aura/Light of the Dawnstar, the summoned lantern also has the enchantment? The spiritual version looks pretty rad but there's no way I'd spend a spell slot on it to get rid of Threshing Aura.

22 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Holy Macaroni! I didn't realize I will have to draw 66 icons for all the subclasses' special passives. That will take a while... 💅

Yeah. And based on our test mod it will take a couple of days to process and compile all 100+ icons in final mod. Hell of a work, i say!

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, AndreaColombo said:

Couple extra thoughts for the community patch:

• Assign a weapon proficiency to Kalakoth's Minor Blights and Rot Skulls. IIRC both spells had a proficiency assigned in the first game, but they don't in Deadfire—meaning that all talents and abilities that rely on weapons with which the character is proficient can never work with them. Would it be possible to include a component that restores the original PoE proficiency for these?
  • (Quite sure this isn't possible but I figured I'd ask) Is it possible to change Gaun's spiritual weapons so that, if Xoti's lantern has been enchanted with Threshing Aura/Light of the Dawnstar, the summoned lantern also has the enchantment? The spiritual version looks pretty rad but there's no way I'd spend a spell slot on it to get rid of Threshing Aura. 

1. What do you mean? Adding to those 2 spells weapons keywords to gain benefit of some weapon modals? Or what?
2. Don't know how to do it right now.