@Boeroer Think you're missing an icon for Serafen's Wild Mind subclass :)

• Thanks 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Does anybody know if those "special" companion subclasses like Wild Mind, Gunhawk etc. have any additional passives? Like e.g. the Tactician or Psion have (in addition to the "subclass-passive")?

Edit: checked myself ingame: doesn't seem so. Phew... :)

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Small update!

Arcane Archer Imbues penetration module was reworked: Penetration bonus now affects only spells, not physical attacks.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Thanks 5

All,

what are your thoughts on adding an indication of each deity's favored and disfavored dispositions in their description for each Priest subclass?

I would add them underneath the deity's description, before the list of bonus spells:

Berath is the god of death, doors, and the wheel of reincarnation itself. Portrayed as either a genderless deity or twinned male and female incarnation, Berath seldom speaks with their followers. Their priests are expected to be rational and unemotional, treating death with a dispassionate dignity.

Favored dispositions
Stoic, Rational

Disfavored dispositions
Cruel, Passionate

Bonus
Priests of Berath automatically learn the following spells at the appropriate Power Level:
1. Touch of Rot
2. Holy Meditation
3. Spreading Plague
4. Divine Terror
5. Rot Skulls
6. Salvation of Time
7. Rusted Armor
8. Symbol of Berath
9. Hand of Berath

EDIT: Does anybody know what the favored/disfavored dispositions are for Woedica and Rymrgand?

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 3

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Well... Final check before release. This is all icons how you will see them in game (42x42 size + post process). If anyone have some suggestions regarding background color or icons itself, it's time to action.

As for backgrounds: i've tried to preserve original schema with only a few exceptions.

Click (tap) to see the picture in original size:
ANo2Dl3.png

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 5

I think they look plenty good!

50 minutes ago, Phenomenum said:

Well... Final check before release. This is all icons how you will see them in game (42x42 size + post process). If anyone have some suggestions regarding background color or icons itself, it's time to action.

As for backgrounds: i've tried to preserve original schema with only a few exceptions.

Click (tap) to see the picture in original size:
ANo2Dl3.png

It looks like you're using a vertical gradient for the backgrounds but it's rendering on top of the white icons, which might reduce clarity. Maybe set the icon layer on top of the gradient layer so that it doesn't get darkened? Just a thought :)

21 minutes ago, Purudaya said:

It looks like you're using a vertical gradient for the backgrounds but it's rendering on top of the white icons, which might reduce clarity. Maybe set the icon layer on top of the gradient layer so that it doesn't get darkened? Just a thought :)

Left side: Original    Right side: Custom
                     6SZLOGY.png

Do you have any questions?

Anyone have a full list of dual-damage weapons with elemental damage - Frostseeker, Essence Interupter and so on?
I want to do an optional mod to remove elemental keywords from those weapons, becose with current immunity system this keywords do more harm than good.

P.S. Not to say, most of those keywords were added, because some stupid not so smart folks start whining about it... :getlost:

Edited by Phenomenum

I don’t think it’s fair to say those people were unintelligent—it was only logical to expect a weapon that deals elemental damage would/should benefit from elemental talents. Not everyone could know that the system in place would make it counterproductive.

The weapons I know of are Lord Darryn’s Voulge, Frostseeker, Essence Interrupter, Firebrand, and Frostfall.

I’m not sure Frostfall has the keyword, however. Firebrand is literally made of fire so it might make sense to retain the keyword.

5 hours ago, Phenomenum said:

6SZLOGY.png

Wow, you were fast. :)

The right ones look a bit blurry, but only at the top. That might be caused by the slight "embossed" effect that adds a highlight to the top edges and darkens the bottom edges.

The ones you did a few weeks ago for the "alpha" version didn't have that. Therefore they look sharper - like the original ones. Here's the atlas file from the mod:

SpellAbilityIcons.png?dl=1

I think I prefer them without that effect. 😳

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Boeroer said:

The right ones look a bit blurry, but only at the top. That might be caused by the slight "embossed" effect that adds a highlight to the top edges and darkens the bottom edges.

Hm... I very like this emboss... thought it was a good find...:unsure:
Maybe effect a bit harsh, but it's better "glue" icons and background than simple shade. NO, if you all want a simple shade it's not a big problem - i created templates during "alpha" version and this time work goes faster (max 1 minute for 1 icon).

P.S. Also shade makes lines thinner and in many cases it's looks very...hm, uncool.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Hmmm 1

I think that emboss would look "cleaner" or "sharper" if the icons themselves weren't white. White edges can't be made any brighter - and thus the added highlight looks a bit like a blur effect on the top while it's totally fine on the bottom (where the contrast beween white icon and dark edge is the highest).

Maybe grey icons would solve this - but then all the non-altered icons (all class icons, Snake's Refelx, Confident Aim etc.) would need rework as well... 🤔

But actually what you showed my in your last PM was totally my cup of tea. ;) 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Phenomenum said:

6SZLOGY.png

So I ran the eyedropper tool over shared pixels and some of the whites are indeed whiter in the originals - from the examples you picked, you can see it most clearly on deep wounds, accurate carnage, and what looks like rapid casting (the star and hourglass). It might just be that the gradient range is slightly different here than in vanilla, that the emboss effect has something to do with it, or that the devs used two gradients with the white icon as the middle layer. You could try duplicating the gradient layer and setting one to 80% opacity and the other to 20%, then stacking the layers so that the 80% is on top and the white icon is immediately beneath it - the background will look the same but the whites will end up 20% brighter.

To each their own, of course; they look great all in all. Thanks for all your hard work on this.

Edited by Purudaya
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I too can see how some of the custom icons are darker. It would be great if they could be made to match the brightness of the originals’ white—but they look amazing either way :)

1 hour ago, AndreaColombo said:

I too can see how some of the custom icons are darker. It would be great if they could be made to match the brightness of the originals’ white

Different gradient settings. Nothing i can't fix)

• Like 5

On 4/30/2019 at 9:51 PM, Phenomenum said:

bvOyhcR.jpg

Chifting Croma concept (Hellstone prism icon as reference)
"The colors within the helstone shift, applying random defensive bonus at the beginning of combat."

Another ability that recycles an existing icon is "Bodyguard" from Furrante's Breastplate, which uses the icon from Rogue's Coordinated Positioning.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AndreaColombo said:

Another ability that recycles an existing icon is "Bodyguard" from Furrante's Breastplate, which uses the icon from Rogue's Coordinated Positioning.

Ok, thanks, i will try to do something.

• Thanks 1