The Political Thread - Browncoat edition... down with the Alliance!

Gorth

Our National Popular Vote bill is on the Governor's desk now. Seems weird that the want to give their state votes over to entire country.

I do agree with the move to bar abstinence only sex education in public schools though. 

Across the country, 37 states require abstinence be covered or stressed, while only 13 require sex education to be medically accurate, according to the Guttmacher Institute, which studies reproductive health. In seven states, laws prohibit educators from portraying same-sex relationships positively.

Because people will never figure out sex if we don't tell them, right? 

Wellington-heads-in-sand-close-up1.jpg

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

As I'm sure you all now know the Jussie Smolett "hate crime" attack by two white supremacists (or something) was all fiction. A hoax that he orchestrated with two associates. He has been arrested and is facing charges: https://abc7chicago.com/jussie-smollett-in-custody-after-being-charged-with-disorderly-conduct/5148577/

According to the Chicago PD his motivation was dissatisfaction with his salary on the CBS TV show he was on. I really don't see how this would have gotten him a raise if had gotten away with it. So that doesn't make much sense. If his motivation was to make a political statement I'd have an easier time swallowing that. But you can't get into another person's head.

It IS very interesting how many media outlets and politicians have discredited themselves rushing to advance the narrative they apparently wanted so much to be true. Especially having just done so with the whole Covington HS debacle (The WaPo is now dealing with a $250M libel suit over that). 

I wonder. Suppose the Chicago PD did find two white guys and pinned this on them. Would he have come forward if two people he KNEW were innocent were facing 25+ years in prison? Hard to say. I'm guessing probably not. 

What do you guys think of this mess?

I think he has lost it, considering that last time he worked on CBS show was 1993 (Alex Haley's Queen), when he was 11.

Our National Popular Vote bill is on the Governor's desk now. Seems weird that the want to give their state votes over to entire country.

I do agree with the move to bar abstinence only sex education in public schools though. 

Across the country, 37 states require abstinence be covered or stressed, while only 13 require sex education to be medically accurate, according to the Guttmacher Institute, which studies reproductive health. In seven states, laws prohibit educators from portraying same-sex relationships positively.

Parents will just opt out of it though. Usually about a quarter of our students are sent to another room during human growth and development.

As I'm sure you all now know the Jussie Smolett "hate crime" attack by two white supremacists (or something) was all fiction. A hoax that he orchestrated with two associates. He has been arrested and is facing charges: https://abc7chicago.com/jussie-smollett-in-custody-after-being-charged-with-disorderly-conduct/5148577/

According to the Chicago PD his motivation was dissatisfaction with his salary on the CBS TV show he was on. I really don't see how this would have gotten him a raise if had gotten away with it. So that doesn't make much sense. If his motivation was to make a political statement I'd have an easier time swallowing that. But you can't get into another person's head.

It IS very interesting how many media outlets and politicians have discredited themselves rushing to advance the narrative they apparently wanted so much to be true. Especially having just done so with the whole Covington HS debacle (The WaPo is now dealing with a $250M libel suit over that). 

I wonder. Suppose the Chicago PD did find two white guys and pinned this on them. Would he have come forward if two people he KNEW were innocent were facing 25+ years in prison? Hard to say. I'm guessing probably not. 

I think he has lost it, considering that last time he worked on CBS show was 1993 (Alex Haley's Queen), when he was 11.

I think GD meant Fox Entertainment, not CBS. Doesn't make Smolett's choice any less stupid though.

Given the...interesting history of the Chicago Police Department I'm going to wait some time before I believe them. Anyways here's a guy who planned some hate crimes but got stopped. https://www.npr.org/2019/02/20/696470366/arrested-coast-guard-officer-planned-mass-terrorist-attack-on-a-scale-rarely-see

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The rambling and inchoate letter also includes a to-do list for the next four years, revealing Hasson's desire to "Get out of debt!!!! Buy van to convert, diesel, Buy land for family out west or possibly NC mtns." He also adds that he needs to "come off" tramadol, a narcotic painkiller. "Clear my head," he says.

Go figure.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Evidence that one is noty a hero or a good guy simple because they are a soldier. Glad they caught him.

As for Smollett.  Not much to say. He's a douchebag.  That's it.

Hope they both get their just punishments.

Kaine, however, proved his racism here.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

(image)

have some kinda democratic process oversee educational guidelines is bound to result in curious value-based curriculum. values change from state-to-state, so is not shocking to us when so too does curriculum vary.  that said, am finding it disingenuous to label as education or educational when purpose o' the lessons would appear to be insulating fragile child minds from terrible facts and frightening truths. 

name change might be in order. instead o' "human growth and development," as described by hurl, perhaps reintroduce as "practical introduction to educational safe zones"?  too thought provoking a title?  maybe, "human growth and development: part 1 of 3."  make clear there will be no part two and three. 

am recalling oldie "stop, drop and roll," commercials with d!ck van dyke.

would be kinda ridiculous if d!ck stopped his advice at, "stop."  nevertheless, such is how we wanna teach kids 'bout sex in many states.  go figure.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

North Carolina to hold new election for 9th Congressional District due to election fraud at hands of the GOP candidate and his campaign: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/21/us/mark-harris-nc-voter-fraud.html

Kind of hope he's thrown in jail eventually here, since even his own son had specifically told him how he was breaking the law before he did it. Deliberately defrauding elections in a democracy should carry pretty harsh consequences.

Edited by Bartimaeus
  • Like 2

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

North Carolina to hold new election for 9th Congressional District due to election fraud at hands of the GOP candidate and his campaign: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/21/us/mark-harris-nc-voter-fraud.html

Kind of hope he's thrown in jail eventually here, since even his own son had specifically told him how he was breaking the law before he did it. Deliberately defrauding elections in a democracy should carry pretty harsh consequences.

I agree but tbh they need to jail Dowless jr as well.  I doubt anything will happen to them since if it does, it opens up the door for something to happen to the democrats and past candidates on both sides as well since they used the same tactics as Dowless did as well.  Funny thing was that he even complained about the democrats because he was doing "less" ballets because the democrats were doing what he was doing in areas before he could get to them, cutting down the extra money he woulda made.

Sadly both parties have quite a bit of history of "open" corruption here in NC :(

Lesbian feminist and head of LGBT board speaks out against trans rights to every private female space.

"It opens season for predatory men to take advantage of girls and women alike"

LGBT: "You can no longer sit at our table"

*Kicks feminist out*

I couldn't stay away from it..

I just had to...

:lol:

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

A similar group just kicked Martina Navratilova out for daring to suggest it's unfair for women to compete against men. She has done more for LGBT than anyone i could name off hand.  

Oh, by they way i don't watch a lot of TV and have less than no idea who is on what show so sorry about the error. 

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I agree but tbh they need to jail Dowless jr as well.  I doubt anything will happen to them since if it does, it opens up the door for something to happen to the democrats and past candidates on both sides as well since they used the same tactics as Dowless did as well.  Funny thing was that he even complained about the democrats because he was doing "less" ballets because the democrats were doing what he was doing in areas before he could get to them, cutting down the extra money he woulda made.

Sadly both parties have quite a bit of history of "open" corruption here in NC :(

It's also a very safe seat, so, there is no practical point to even doing so in the first place.

Edited by smjjames

Like these things usually are I expect Mueller's report will be underwhelming with no clear "smoking gun". But the devil is, as always, in the details. 

one thing the media has done a poor job o' is enlightening folks 'bout collusion and what a mueller report regarding collusion and obstruction would be likely to show.  am gonna leave obstruction aside, in part 'cause there is already significant evidence o' obstruction.  legal sufficient evidence? probable, but whether or not a witness or evidence is trustworthy is gonna be a question for finder o' fact, so while it might be possible to charge, weakness o' evidence could makes impractical to do so.  regardless, is likely enough for obstruction, but such assumes there is an underlying crime.  is well nigh impossible to find obstruction o' a criminal investigation if you cannot show there were an actual crime committed.  might be extreme minor and technical kinda crime, but still need crime, which is why the collusion stuff is fundamental.

no doubt most has heard by now 'bout collusion not being a specific crime.  conspiracy to ________ is the crime for which mueller is gonna need be providing evidence.  the thing is, nobody should be expecting a smoking gun.  is not like movies or tv.  prove a criminal conspiracy is not ordinary achieved 'cause o' a written agreement or video recording uncovered by investigators which reveals the nature and extent o' the conspiracy.  criminal conspiracies is, by their very nature, the result o' clandestine activity as 'posed to overt action. when organizations conspire for some illegal purpose, you do not have a secretary taking notes and reviewing minutes.  is typical never even a face-to-face meeting.   as you might suspect, smoking gun evidence is highly unlikely in such circumstances.  for criminal conspiracy, prosecutor need show unity o' purpose or common design as well as some action towards achieving nefarious goal, but may prove through circumstantial evidence.

is a bunch o' factors (different from elements) which may contribute to a finding o' conspiracy and they is all having exceptions, so am understanding why tv and newspapers don't go into too much detail as is much easier to explain with a specific example, and the mueller report is gonna be where we do or don't see examples.  regardless, should be no expectation o' a smoking gun.  

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1098700066150334465

AOC has Guard Dog's vote locked, it seems.

• Like 5

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Not too sure said New Yorkers' future is going to be that darkened given the skill set.  Well and how good a place Amazon is to work for, anyway.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I agree with Elerond, his behavior has been appalling and he must face the full might of the law

Its also worse that he  is a African American  and he used historical and real racism and homophobia to gain sympathy .....and he seems to be denying it !!!

What is important from this whole stratagem is that we dont make the mistake of assuming normal examples of bigotry are now less real or not true because of this deception  

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

MAGA Model speaks the truth.

Random child on Internet: "Oh a hot girl with brains... Oh nvm, she supports Trump"

It's sad how politics can divide, conquer and ultimately ruin. Proves just how much humanity has fallen.

Snide comment incoming.....

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

It's sad how politics can divide, conquer and ultimately ruin. Proves just how much humanity has fallen.

If it so sad, you probably should think how you speak about those who have different political views than you (I am talking those evil left wing people who you usually verbally attack)  :devil:

If it so sad, you probably should think how you speak about those who have different political views than you (I am talking those evil left wing people who you usually verbally attack)  :devil:

But they suck!

:lol:

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Actually what people need to realize is how little influence they actually have on the outcome of elections. You get ONE vote. Between 130 & 131 million votes were cast for President in '16. Everyone got ONE (supposedly). Someone disagreeing with you is not going to flip the outcome. 

If you were a Patriots fan no matter how hard you cheered you didn't help them win the Super Bowl unless you were also a Patriots player.

Thomas Sowell

If it so sad, you probably should think how you speak about those who have different political views than you (I am talking those evil left wing people who you usually verbally attack) :devil:

The people who want to take my freedom to make "freedom available to all"?

Nah, I'm in the right to speak about them in such a way. At least until they stop trying to ban things that doesn't benefit their agenda. If they do that, I won't have an issue with them but they are called extremists for a genuine reason. If it was small things they disagreed with me on, I wouldn't care to call them out for their hypocrisy and ignorance. Other than the leftist extremist (who even the left attacks/canabalizes themselves), who have I attacked?

Actually what people need to realize is how little influence they actually have on the outcome of elections. You get ONE vote. Between 130 & 131 million votes were cast for President in '16. Everyone got ONE (supposedly). Someone disagreeing with you is not going to flip the outcome.

If you were a Patriots fan no matter how hard you cheered you didn't help them win the Super Bowl unless you were also a Patriots player.

Exactly. It's all pre-rigged.

I don't vote because I know this, and regardless of the outcome I don't complain. It's basically pre-written to serve both sides of people, shame that people let themselves think of something bigger than ants. President Trump getting elected is a perfect example of this, actually. No matter how big the bark, President's bite was bigger lol

#JustSonicThings bit true nonetheless

Edited by SonicMage117

Oh it's not pre-rigged. elections are legitimate beyond the thin margins where fraudulent votes (and yes there are some) would matter. It is not even inconceivable that one person's vote makes the difference. Look at Florida in 2000. What was the final difference between Bush & Gore? 200 something, 500 something . It was close. It's just really x 10^100 unlikely your one vote changes the Presidential election. Local elections however is a different story. Runoffs are common and the elected offices are more important than many folks sadly realize.  

Thomas Sowell