Forum Shutting Down

SonicMage117

I've never edited my comments to cover a trail, I edit because I say something that might not sound right in English, English isn't my primaral language, and I'm always on phone so yeah. Sometimes my comment gets edited like 5 times but it's not to hide anything from the mods.

That's totally fine and as far as I can tell it's the truth. For that you have my upwards pointing thumbs.

I mean not my actual thumbs... Just the sign.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

That I believe was Qistina.

I'm a bit disappointed Krezack wasn't around for Tony Abbot becoming Aussie PM, the reaction would have been hysterical- in both definitions of the term. I'm pretty sure that half of the forum trolls are the same person anyway, there's too much pattern of one going dormant then another popping up soon after with a slightly different shtick designed to get the same reactions from a slightly different group of people.

My money is on Bruce using alts over a VPN,

• Like 1

"because they filled mommy with enough mythic power to become a demi-god" - KP

Tbh, neither have some guy toward me. Seems like almost every thread (even the one's that I'm not on), my name gets toted around in some negative light. I really have only ever given the same respect that forum members have given me. If I've gotten worse it's probably more due to what I've seen in different threads rather than "Oh let's tick these people - insert name - off today!" Or "Let's see how far I can push these guys' buttons before I get told something by a mod" - which was nevee my mentality nor my goal.

So far, I've only recieved a warning point now since I've been on here, which was pretty much since I participated in funded the Deadfire campaign. The warning point wasn't even for this thread or other threads but comments I made that Hurlshot reported from months ago.

This isn't about being a genuine person, I've always been real with you guys, maybe it's something you don't consider genuine. I'm consistent because it's who I am, but at the same time I'm happy that Hurlshot cares instead of just blocking me, he still communicates with me and I respect Hurlshot alot for that.

I enjoy your posts most of the time, I cant  recall any specific or serious  issue I have had with your comments 

I'm a bit disappointed Krezack wasn't around for Tony Abbot becoming Aussie PM, the reaction would have been hysterical- in both definitions of the term. I'm pretty sure that half of the forum trolls are the same person anyway, there's too much pattern of one going dormant then another popping up soon after with a slightly different shtick designed to get the same reactions from a slightly different group of people.

Nah, with all due respects I wouldn't waste my  time creating Alts and using VPN's on these forums. I honestly feel the forum rules are  more than fair where anyone can make any reasonable or ostensibly controversial  comment without having to hide who they really are in there profile information  :geek:

So there shouldn't be any need for Alts 

Edited by BruceVC

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I miss the guy who posted like HK-47. That was funny... for a little while

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Tbh, neither have some guy toward me. Seems like almost every thread (even the one's that I'm not on), my name gets toted around in some negative light. I really have only ever given the same respect that forum members have given me. If I've gotten worse it's probably more due to what I've seen in different threads rather than "Oh let's tick these people - insert name - off today!" Or "Let's see how far I can push these guys' buttons before I get told something by a mod" - which was nevee my mentality nor my goal.

So far, I've only recieved a warning point now since I've been on here, which was pretty much since I participated in funded the Deadfire campaign. The warning point wasn't even for this thread or other threads but comments I made that Hurlshot reported from months ago.

This isn't about being a genuine person, I've always been real with you guys, maybe it's something you don't consider genuine. I'm consistent because it's who I am, but at the same time I'm happy that Hurlshot cares instead of just blocking me, he still communicates with me and I respect Hurlshot alot for that.

I enjoy your posts most of the time, I cant  recall any specific or serious  issue I have had with your comments 

Nah, with all due respects I wouldn't waste my  time creating Alts and using VPN's on these forums. I honestly feel the forum rules are  more than fair where anyone can make any reasonable or ostensibly controversial  comment without having to hide who they really are in there profile information  :geek:

Yeah, that would be terribly pathetic

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

I enjoy your posts most of the time, I cant recall any specific or serious issue I have had with your comments

Nah, with all due respects I wouldn't waste my time creating Alts and using VPN's on these forums. I honestly feel the forum rules are more than fair where anyone can make any reasonable or ostensibly controversial comment without having to hide who they really are in there profile information :geek:

Thanks Bruce. Just know that saying that may put a target on your back though lol It's not uncommon for anyone who agrees with me or says something nice about me to be accused of being an alternate account or sock puppet XD

It was nice to get a few personal messages while on the sabbatical, some saying Merry Christmas and Happy New Year including one of the devs! A couple asking what happened which imcluded one who asked "Why are you still here?" And the answer remains the same as it did last year - To talk about gaming and show my undying love and support for Obsidian. I don't really care about making friends, seeking validation or making my bitterness towards any one member known as other members might.

I have somewhat been met with that typical type of sarcasm though, I vaguely remember last year somebody telling me that they doubt I was married or had kids because of the way I wrote, doubted I was an American because I didn't speak English and doubted my ethnicity, or my occupation all because they don't like my postings - pretty pathetic but it's the internet. Of course, I could easily make a YouTube video to prove this easily but these are the type of people who will say "Oh Sonic must have hired actors" which members have proven to have this type of attitude, question would be for realists: Why do those members think they are worth proving anything to in the first place? I won't say the answer to that question but I thought about it alot and I'm pretty sure I have a good idea but yeah, it's very sad to be those types of people. It reminds me too much of Steam where even if you're profile is linked to your facebook/youtube accounts, people will still doubt the authenticity of it and question your nature of a person. It doesn't baffle people unless they're normal and have decent social life I guess.

People who live by the internet have a funny way of making something unreal as real and vice verse - especially if they don't like something or agree with it. Much like a video game, fantasy becomes reality, I just can't love like that though. With that said, it doesn't bother me what people have to say about me here but I will offer that same respect. I'm likely to be banned and if that is a possibility, I know some members will still kick while I'm downed - real maturity on the forums but what less should we expect, eh? Hehe I am already a legend and in a good way so I'm happy.

But I'm sure everyone is wondering "Did the temporary ban teach Sonic a lesson?" (Welp... excluding the fact that the warning point and message was due to comments that i wrote months ago and the message to me was written as if I had just now written them? "We get it Sonic, you hate gays and the LGBT community" which I never said that or even gave that remote impression, that's probably why I took the warning as less than serious. Nevermind that those comments were the only "dirt" that could be twisted into something that would get me a warning point to begin with. Yet people tend to forget that I've actually been the only one to stick up for LGBT inclusion in Baldurs Gate and DC Arrowverse on multiple accounts. Meh, and yet the warning point details say "For Abusive Behavior in Profile") By this wall of a glorious comment, I trust that anyone will be smart enough to see that my posting style has changed dramatically and yes, I have dedicated myself to changing my ways while I was in timeout from the sandbox with the rest of you.

2019, I trust a new year will bring a new start and not just for me, everyone here needs a bit of change. We're all human after all, hehehe and as a people we should always continue to better our selves, even if that means making forums like these more bigoted and one sided or pressuring others to succumb to one side as a political agenda, gotta love the passive aggressive bs too, lest we forget. Nothing new here.

*Woot woot*

Edit:

And about fake profiles...

To be honest, I highly doubt anyone would think any member here is worth going through the trouble - that is, unless a couple members trolled them to begin with. Maybe there is some sort of real life example that I don't know about but since it's the per usual gang up guessing game where members are running around like a chicken with their heads cut off, I highly doubt it. Just for giggles though, where are these posters with alt accounts who have similar "writing styles"? That seems to be the usual go-to for "Anyone who disagrees with me is a fake/alternate account. There's no way so many can think differently than me!" - common thought process I've seen on the forum here. I highly doubt if there is anyone that has my posting or writing style, considering that English isn't my primary language to begin with and I am born and raised in the Americas, my dialect is far too different.

Edited by SonicMage117

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

Why have I read through this entire topic?

How has my life been reduced to this???????

It's okay, everyone claims to not want to but then they do anyway. I suppose it's curiousity of the human nature teehee

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

To be honest, I highly doubt anyone would think any member here is worth going through the trouble.

You may doubt it - but it happened anyway.

I presume because sometimes trollish or just douchy users get put on mod queue and simply create a new account to circumvent that.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods