Weird. Random. Interesting.

Amentep

Whales go quiet, dolphins shout in loud oceans, studies show

The oceans are loud and getting louder all the time. And marine mammals must live in the din. These animals take different approaches to the noise: Dolphins perform the equivalent of shouting. Humpback whales, when competing with a nearby boat, go silent.

• Like 2

Free games updated 3/4/21

Ah, the entry level price. ;-)

Here's what I don't understand. How can you take it anywhere or park it on the street. 

Doesn't sound very utilitarian. 

A road bike? It's not really meant to be utilitarian. It's like a sports car, you buy it to go fast. I keep it in my garage and don't let it out of my sight when in public. I've checked it in to a couple bike valets at events in my town. :p

I have a big lock if I really want to leave it somewhere, but it's more like popping in to a deli to grab a sandwich, then eating that sandwich next to my bike while I glare at anyone who gets too close. Honestly given the clip in shoes and spandex, it's not like I want to wander around anyways. 

I do take it to work on occasion and just keep it in my classroom. That's plenty safe.

• Like 2

Ah, the entry level price. ;-)

Here's what I don't understand. How can you take it anywhere or park it on the street. 

Doesn't sound very utilitarian. 

Honestly given the clip in shoes and spandex, it's not like I want to wander around anyways. 

Spandex shaves off seconds though.  So  you will get wherever  you were going .. seconds faster, at the mere cost of dignity. 

• Like 1

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

You have to look the part. Like those urban runners I see all tooled up with straps and stuff everywhere

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Percolately - Antarctica's First Attempted Murder

A scientist working in Antarctica has been arrested for the attempted murder of his colleague after stabbing him with a knife because “he was fed up with the man telling him the endings of books.”

In what may be the first attempted murder committed in Antarctica, 55-year-old Sergey Savitsky was deported to Russia and arrested for stabbing 52-year-old welder Oleg Beloguzov with a kitchen knife.

Cut off from the rest of the world, Savitsky and Beloguzov were both avid readers during the four years they spent together working at Russia’s Bellingshausen station in the South Shetland Islands.

Tension, however, reached a breaking point between the two after Beloguzov repeatedly revealed the endings of books that Savitsky was reading. After an argument broke out, Savitsky allegedly stabbed Beloguzov in the chest with a kitchen knife.

• Like 4

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Did you know in hold-em poker an opening draw of off suit Ace & King is called an anna kournikova? The initials are right and it’s a hand that looks good but probably won’t win.

Edited by Guard Dog
  • Like 5

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Judge blocks Keystone XL pipeline.

Oof, we REALLY need to strip federal judges of this power to block anything.

In the end it'll be appealed, and eventually either it'll be let through or shot down, hopefully based on the law.  I'm not sure why allowing the process to work is a bad thing, this is the way the system is supposed to work.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

You don't say. :lol:

Imo, thats not how the system is working:

1) Activist judges can gtfo. This judge seems to be rendering decisions on "feels" and unmeasurable "future climate impact".

2) Keystone XL has been appealed for around a decade. There needs to be a limit and final decision.

\ I'm not sure why allowing the process to work is a bad thing

It is when you don't get the result you want.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

You don't say. :lol:

Imo, thats not how the system is working:

1) Activist judges can gtfo. This judge seems to be rendering decisions on "feels" and unmeasurable "future climate impact".

2) Keystone XL has been appealed for around a decade. There needs to be a limit and final decision.

As I understand it, his decision wasn't on the "feels" but I could be wrong.  I took it that the issue was that the Obama administration denied the pipeline addressing specific concerns while Trump administration granting permission didn't address those concerns since the concerns had become part of the governmental record.  So the block is, theoretically, temporary as I understand it until the Trump administration demonstrates why the concerns of the government a few years ago aren't concerns of the government now (the fact that the administration changed isn't relevant, this is why - theoretically - our laws don't flip-flop around like a fish out of water in the bottom of the boat every time someone else gets into the hot seat).

As I said, I could be wrong, just when I first heard the news story I didn't see judge activism.  That said I'm not a lawyer, so if one comes around and says it is judge activism, go with them.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man