Weird. Random. Interesting.

Amentep

While it's strange to us these days, there are plenty of cultures and so many burials (Egyptian Pharoahs among many) that had people (usually rich and/or powerful) buried with things that they used in everyday life. So, it's really not that strange at all.

Funny way to raise awareness of organ donation though I guess.

io9 - Cute little robotics set is your first step towards building your own Gundam mobile suit

Today, roboticized model kits. Tomorrow, the world!

Gunpla—the scale plastic model kits of Gundam mecha that have almost been around as long as the franchise has—are usually just alarmingly detailed plastic models of your favorite anime giant robots. But this new set (spotted by Anime News Network) being made by Bandai’s BN・Bot brand—a company-wide initiative to inspire interest in STEM fields through Gundam-inspired projects—in collaboration with Japanese robotics companies, will mix model making with actual electronics and basic programming to make your very own, although incredibly miniature, working mobile suits.

The “Zeonic Technics Robotics and Programming Kit”—named for the tech company that provided the Principality of Zeon with Zaku mobile suits in the original Mobile Suit Gundam—comes with parts to build either the more common Zaku II suit, or the hilarious tread-driven Zaku Tank Cannon, and pack them with batteries and motors to light up and move around. It’s a very cute way to encourage people to learn basic programming functions and electronics, until someone eventually builds a giant plastic robot of their own to terrorize the world with. Don’t be surprised when it happens!

The Zeonic Technics Robotics and Programming Kit doesn’t have a release date in Japan yet, so you’ll have to wait a bit longer before you begin your own career as a budding mobile suit mechanic. There’s plenty of non-powered Gunpla kits out there to build in the meantime!

• Like 1

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Flyers' mascot is officially welcomed to Philadelphia. Based on what I've heard about Philly, I was expecting a .45 to his head initially

http://phlcouncil.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/GrittyResolution-final.pdf

WHEREAS, At the same time that Gritty brings people together, the divisions in our current political and cultural life have rendered Gritty contested territory. Gritty has been widely
declared antifa, and was subject to attempted reclamation in the editorial pages of the Wall Street Journal. It has been argued that he “conveys the absurdity and struggle of modern life under capitalism” and that he represents a source of joyful comic respite in a time of societal upheaval

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

44742060_1957069454388141_17751858969837

On November 7th, 1920, in strictest secrecy, four unidentified British bodies were exhumed from temporary battlefield cemeteries at Ypres, Arras, the Asine and the Somme.

None of the soldiers who did the digging were told why.

The bodies were taken by field ambulance to GHQ at St-Pol-Sur-Ter Noise. Once there, the bodies were draped with the union flag....

Sentries were posted and Brigadier-General Wyatt and a Colonel Gell selected one body at random. The other three were reburied.

A French Honour Guard was selected and stood by the coffin overnight of the chosen soldier overnight.

On the morning of the 8th November, a specially designed coffin made of oak from the grounds of Hampton Court arrived and the Unknown Warrior was placed inside.

On top was placed a crusaders sword and a shield on which was inscribed:

"A British Warrior who fell in the GREAT WAR 1914-1918 for King and Country".

On the 9th of November, the Unknown Warrior was taken by horse-drawn carriage through Guards of Honour and the sound of tolling bells and bugle calls to the quayside.

There, he was saluted by Marechal Foche and loaded onto HMS Vernon bound for Dover. The coffin stood on the deck covered in wreaths, surrounded by the French Honour Guard.

Upon arrival at Dover, the Unknown Warrior was met with a nineteen gun salute - something that was normally only reserved for Field Marshals.

A special train had been arranged and he was then conveyed to Victoria Station, London.

He remained there overnight, and, on the morning of the 11th of November, he was finally taken to Westminster Abbey.

The idea of the unknown warrior was thought of by a Padre called David Railton who had served on the front line during the Great War the union flag he had used as an altar cloth whilst at the front, was the one that had been draped over the coffin.

It was his intention that all of the relatives of the 517,773 combatants whose bodies had not been identified could believe that the Unknown Warrior could very well be their lost husband, father, brother or son...

THIS is the reason we wear poppies.

We do not glorify war.

We remember - with humility - the great and the ultimate sacrifices that were made, not just in this war, but in every war and conflict where our service personnel have fought - to ensure the liberty and freedoms that we now take for granted.

Every year, on the 11th of November, we remember the Unknown Warrior.

At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, we will remember them.

• Like 4

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

China builds a robotic factory to build robots: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-abb-robots/robots-to-make-robots-at-abbs-new-150-million-factory-in-china-idUSKCN1N109X

C-3PO-Episode-2.jpg

Yes, I just posted the link so I could use the meme. Don't roll your eyes. you've all done it too!

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Patrick Bateman discusses a rifle

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Holy crap! That rifle in .338 (an odd ball and rather expensive cartridge in these parts) is $5152.00. 

Screw that noise! I once paid $1999 for a rifle and I STILL kick myself for doing it. 

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

BTW that scope is around $800 too.

Thomas Sowell

I'd rather have a kitchen remodel for that price. I just don't get spending a lot of money on something you rarely use unless it's an insurance policy.

Well I guess some people see it as an insurance policy against the apocalypse. :p

I shouldn't talk though, I am eyeing a $5k road bike.

Holy crap! That rifle in .338 (an odd ball and rather expensive cartridge in these parts) is $5152.00.

Screw that noise! I once paid $1999 for a rifle and I STILL kick myself for doing it.

Also found out about the Korth .45. Costs about $4000 :lol:

I'd rather have a kitchen remodel for that price. I just don't get spending a lot of money on something you rarely use unless it's an insurance policy.

Well I guess some people see it as an insurance policy against the apocalypse. :p

I shouldn't talk though, I am eyeing a $5k road bike.

Yeah, I payed shy over $1100 for my road bike.

Never mind

Edited by Guard Dog

Thomas Sowell

https://www.wfla.com/news/viral-news/dad-says-he-didn-t-expect-backlash-over-father-son-nazi-costumes/1557954469

Goldbach says he did not see the backlash coming.

I see what the author did there.

"Tonight grown adults threatened a child over his costume," Goldbach wrote on social media. "Threatened to rip his outfit off of him, screaming obscenities, scaring a small child."

People like this should be horsewhipped. :yes:

Well, scaring children is what Halloween is about, no ? :p

• Like 2

"Tonight grown adults threatened a child over his costume," Goldbach wrote on social media. "Threatened to rip his outfit off of him, screaming obscenities, scaring a small child."

People like this should be horsewhipped. :yes:

Sure, that's a ridiculous reaction to a ridiculous costume choice.

On one hand, he knows full well people are gonna be TRIGGERED by such a customer so he should have thought hard putting his child in that position. If he wanted to do it, he should have just worn it himself. On the other hand, it's a coustome. Halloween is supposed to be about wearing scary costume and Adolf Hitler certainly fits in with the serial killers, monsters, and Kardashian types. (I kid about the one... or do I?)

As fior the scum threatening the kid. They should be charged with threats of violence, child abuse, assault, and harassment.

• Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.