Cinéma vérité - and all other types

Amentep

Yet another doomed attempt to translate Stephen King's brand of horror to cinema. Well, here's hoping it's not completely terrible.

I'm not sure why you would expect such Misery, their are Shining examples of Stephen King's work in cinema.

Also Aladdin is the first of the Disney live action remakes that piques my interest. I mean, other than just being partial to Jasmine, the setting is one that doesn't get enough attention.

• Like 1

You'd think they'd just off McAvoy and Willis' characters..and maybe Jackson's too if they can detain them.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Apparently Michael B Jordan is being considered for the next superman. https://www.vibe.com/2018/09/michael-b-jordan-bein-considered-for-superman-dc-films-report/

I didn't go see Christopher Reeves, or that guy in the '90's, or Henry Cavill, and I won't go see Jordan so I don't care. But the wailing and gnashing of teeth that will come of a black superman will be very entertaining.

As far as I'm concerned there has already been one:

t_19337_07.jpg

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

:lol:

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Kanye should be Superman

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

"Yet another doomed attempt to translate Stephen King's brand of horror to cinema. Well, here's hoping it's not completely terrible."

Funny, considering that movies based on King's woprk have made tons of money, won Oscars and nominations, and are rather popular. Yeha, there been some stinkers but you are being silly.

As for  Black Superman, it is simply racist. What's next?  a white Black Panther? Maybe an Asian  Black Panther would be even better?

Why not create a super hero for him?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I think it is because we currently live in a society where it is more symbolic to destroy and usurp the original than it is to simply begin anew. Or maybe we've already thought of every conceivable superpower and now we have to overlap. Hell, theres even a Superdog! :lol:

• Like 1

Watched Ant-Man and the Wasp yesterday. Was not bad, but not as good as the first one, imo. Also for being called "Ant-Man and the Wasp", I think there was not really enough Ant-Man and the Wasp in it. And I would have liked it to go out a little more with his security company pals. They really should get more attention, imo.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Yet another doomed attempt to translate Stephen King's brand of horror to cinema. Well, here's hoping it's not completely terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VllcgXSIJkE

You're just saying that because you're mad and jealous that Herman Munster isn't in this one. He died, get over it... Everyone knows Stephen King movies are still legit :p

Just what do you think you're doing?! You dare to come between me and my prey? Is it a habit of yours to scurry about, getting in the way and causing bother?

What are you still bothering me for? I'm a Knight. I'm not interested in your childish games. I need my rest.

Begone! Lest I draw my nail...

I think it is because we currently live in a society where it is more symbolic to destroy and usurp the original than it is to simply begin anew. Or maybe we've already thought of every conceivable superpower and now we have to overlap. Hell, theres even a Superdog! :lol:

I wish they would launch some new super hero property with Will Smith, where he has Superman type abilities but feels isolated and alone. Then he gets a clever PR guy with a dry sense of humor and falls for the PR guy's wife, who turns out to be his weakness. She could be played by Ashley Judd or Charlize Theron. I bet it would be a huge hit.

• Like 5

I wish they would launch some new super hero property with Will Smith, where he has Superman type abilities but feels isolated and alone. Then he gets a clever PR guy with a dry sense of humor and falls for the PR guy's wife, who turns out to be his weakness. She could be played by Ashley Judd or Charlize Theron. I bet it would be a huge hit.

And weirdly, it wouldn't have to rewrite an existing IP! GENIUS! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I remember the Pet Sematary and Christine books being so much scarier than the 1989 and 1983 movie versions.

Every King book is scarier than its movie version, even the better ones like "Misery" or "Shawshank redemption". "Shining" is plenty creepy, but completely on its own right, since it's adaptation pretty much only in name.

The people whining aboput Johnson doing this are likely the same ones who are are demanding black Supermans and black James Bonds. LMAO

But, poor Rocky. He is just not 'black' enough for racists. EVIL.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Hotel Artemis.

A nicely noir tale.

Jodie Foster as "The Nurse", running a high-security, membership only hospital for criminals in the near future with the aid of the orderly (Dave Bautista). One bank robber (Sterling Brown) dragging his brother there after things go wrong at a heist, amidst a city wide riot, and before long a mob boss (Jeff Goldblum) and the police also arrive.

With a few other characters played by the likes of Zachary Quinto, Sofia Boutella, and Charlie Day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqfuKsoEEms

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."