Beraths Blessing's/ Mod's Should be available in challenges

The devs routinely check these boards even if/when they don’t actively partake of the discussions. They are probably aware of this thread.

A similar request was made on Reddit, where Obsidian devs also have a presence.

If you’re especially keen, you can link this thread to them via Twitter or Facebook; they’re pretty responsive on social media.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

• 4 weeks later...

What rewards? More money, higher stats, unique items for sale at the start of the game? If you want to make things easier why are you playing challenge modes?

It's a single player game. More options is better than less options. If you dont understand that maybe you should ask yourself why you play in the first place - is it just to brag in a forum or to have fun? If it's to have fun why do you care how others play?

Hey, what's the problem? ;)

Go to ...\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\exported\design\gamedata\ folder, find the file named "global" > Open with... (select Windows Notepad app) > Ctrl+F > find sentence "DisableMods":"true" (with quotes) > change to "false" > Enjoy and use any mods, while running Gods Challenges, regardless of Obsidian's freaky restrictions.

Edited by Phenomenum
  • Like 3

I generally prefer high-power campaigns to low-power ones if the relative difficulty is the same. Using Berath’s Blessings doesn’t increase my enjoyment because the game is easier; it does because big numbers in my character screen make me feel powerful. I would still want the game challenge me though, so yeah—Blessings plus God Challenges sounds good to me.

Edited by AndreaColombo
  • Like 5

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

“I don’t like a thing” = bad design. Who knew?

Welcome to the Internet. Is this your first time here? I think there is an seat open over there.
Oh so you’re admitting that you’re confusing opinions with facts? Very cool

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Welcome to the Internet. Is this your first time here? I think there is an seat open over there.

Forums are based in opinions. I'm not going to write out "imho" to help you differentiate. You seem to have real issue with this, does it take away from your enjoyment at all?

Hey, what's the problem? ;)

Go to ...\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\exported\design\gamedata\ folder, find the file named "global" > Open with... (select Windows Notepad app) > Ctrl+F > find sentence "DisableMods":"true" (with quotes) > change to "false" > Enjoy and use any mods, while running Gods Challenges, regardless of Obsidian's freaky restrictions.

We should get the code change as a mod - say with instructions where to place the file and make it downloadable ... that might make it super cool!!  I could probably do it myself, but I am  ... well ... um! lol a little nervous about posting a mod on Nexus mods (never done it before). There isn't one right??  Haven't checked in a few days.

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

What rewards? More money, higher stats, unique items for sale at the start of the game? If you want to make things easier why are you playing challenge modes?

What if someone wants to have Skaen's fog of war and play on normal? Or start with 5.000 to recruit a custom party immediately when playing on PotD with challenges? A solo character with +2 on each stat would still have a bigger challenge than a full party, so mixing all the options wouldn't necessarily make the game easier.

Making Deadfire as interesting as possible even to the (majority of the) players that don't play on PotD would increase replay value and benefit everyone. I don't know how many more players would come or how many more hours people would play, but it certainly wouldn't reduce those numbers.

Edit: They can keep the achievements for PotD/no Berath's Blessings, so anyone who care about that can be happy too. ;)

Edited by InsaneCommander

sign.jpg

Achilles, bro, I know you're going for the whole 'deadpan snarker' thing, but don't you ever get bored of walking into threads and shutting people down? Try to lighten up a little.

Edited by Heijoushin

What if someone wants to have Skaen's fog of war and play on normal? Or start with 5.000 to recruit a custom party immediately when playing on PotD with challenges? A solo character with +2 on each stat would still have a bigger challenge than a full party, so mixing all the options wouldn't necessarily make the game easier.

Making Deadfire as interesting as possible even to the (majority of the) players that don't play on PotD would increase replay value and benefit everyone. I don't know how many more players would come or how many more hours people would play, but it certainly wouldn't reduce those numbers.

Edit: They can keep the achievements for PotD/no Berath's Blessings, so anyone who care about that can be happy too. ;)

sure, I'd prefer to have the challenges be available with all difficulties, I just don't think not having them available with all difficulties is specifically a bad thing
  • Like 1

Forums are based in opinions. I'm not going to write out "imho" to help you differentiate. You seem to have real issue with this, does it take away from your enjoyment at all?
Forums are venues for discussion. What form that discussion takes can vary. Some forums are “based on” facts. But I digress.

Does the fact that other people who want additional challenge from the game and that Obsidian has provided it (with the hint of possible future recognition) take away from my enjoyment of the game? No, it sure doesn’t. Do I think it would take away from anything that Obsidian may have planned for those who are completing these if they were to suddenly allow “tourists” to “play at” completing them? I sure do.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Care to elaborate on the reason why?

Forums are venues for discussion. What form that discussion takes can vary. Some forums are “based on” facts. But I digress.

Does the fact that other people who want additional challenge from the game and that Obsidian has provided it (with the hint of possible future recognition) take away from my enjoyment of the game? No, it sure doesn’t. Do I think it would take away from anything that Obsidian may have planned for those who are completing these if they were to suddenly allow “tourists” to “play at” completing them? I sure do.

So you're going by your opinion, not facts? Very cool.