I want to play a druid and am thinking about either animist or lifegiver (so I don't need a priest in the party). Xoti has a shield that gives a bonus to rejuvination spells, would this cancel out the penalty of healing spells after shifting? Are lifegivers not supossed to shift? Or just as a last resort?

Lifegivers get +2 PL with rejuvenation spells.

They get an additional +5 PL (with rejuvenation spells) bonus when shifted. But they lose this bonus, and get -5 PL malus instead, once spiritshift has ended.

So after the shift end they are at -3 PL with rejuvenation spells.

This means that during the spiritshift you would like to finish 2 Moon Lights and 2 Moonwells, since these being Heals-over-Time do benefit most from bonus PL. These HoTs get +5% healing amount and +5% duration per PL: 1.35 x 1.35 = 1.825. So a shifted lifegiver can potentially heal up to 82% more than an animist would.

At the same time Nature's Vigor and Nature's Balm which are also rejuvenation spells only get longer duration from PL and thus are not affected that much. So they get lower priority. Also would notice that they are great to use even post-shift, if your party members are affected by CON-afflictions since it allows them to benefit from full healing again.

Also there is:

- Nature's Bounty - which is marked as Restoration spell - and thus is not affected by post-shift malus at all.

- Cleansing Wind - which is marked as Wind, Elements - and thus is also not affected.

- Garden of Life - which is marked as Plant - and is also not affected.

Btw, Xoti's shield only gives +2 PL to Restoration and Inspiration spells. It does not affect Rejuvenation stuff.

P.S. As for builds: I love my Goldpact/Lifegiver (18/18/17/3/19/3).

At the start of combat: shift to cat, enable cat flurry, toss gilded enmity, and start HoTing around. He's unkillable, nearby teammates do permanently spring back to full hp. And besides druid heals, there is also Greater Lay on Hands, Exalted Endurance and Liberating Exhortation. Party is happy)

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 4

I also like a Livegiver. The healing bonus from PL is base healing, so in case you have high MIG and stuff like Physiker's Belt, Blessing of the Dawnstars, Mercy and Kindness from a chanter etc. it pays off big time.

You can also use Lifegiver/Priest and use Xoti's Shield as well for lots of good healing spells after Spiritshift wears off.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Life givers look really good. I was planning on running a nature god like  lifegiver / evoker

+1 pl nature god like

+2 pl lifegiver (+7 if shifted)

+1 pl evoker

+1 pl flame gloves

Pretty potent healing and damaging spells

Edited by Teclis23

I made a pure lifegiver focused on using the Spine of Thicket Green as a stat-stick - which I think goes to +3 Plant / +3 Beast Pls in enchants.

Several of the plant-tagged spells are also your heal spells.  So you end up ass +2 rejuv from lifegiver, up to +3 plant for those heal spells also tagged with plant (there are several), and then can do damage with the plant/beast spells.  If you stack Alchemy I think it still affects the poison damage of Vile Thornes and some other plant spells (tagged as counter: antidote).   No transformations required.  If you go Nature Godlike and always start with fast-cast Nature's Vigor, you should get +1 PL in general at the start of each fight.

Lifegiver is good, either on its own or multiclassed. Unless you use lots of Druid summons, it plays pretty much like an animist with stronger heals. Druids get some really good heals, so Lifegiver's benefit is nice.

Some thoughts on multiclass synergy, if you go that route:

• Barbarian: Frenzy is good for any caster. Lots of good passives.
  • Chanter: Always good. Summons from multiple classes are incompatible anyway, so your subclass choice becomes painless.
  • Cipher: This is fine, and IIRC the couple of physical attack spells a druid gets generate focus. Not sure it beats top-level spells.
  • Fighter: You can shift and murder everything with fighter powers with the best of them, but constant recovery may be a touch wasted on you.
  • Monk: Gives you easy access to some really good inspirations, Duality of Mortal Presence, and more. Even without crazy defense, Dance of Death is quite usable for wound generation on a back-line character. Helwalker in particular is great for casters.
  • Paladin: Basically always good for the defenses and FoD and passives. Note that, if you go Bleak Walker, you can grab the Corrode and Burn passives for even better penetration, something only multiclassed paladin/casters can do.
  • Priest: Skip it unless you have something fancy in mind. A universalist is better off going fury or animist. You don't need more support power.
  • Ranger: Pass. You've got your own DoTs to worry about.
  • Rogue: Good for similar reasons to fighter. Avoid redundancies in your affliction package and you'll be fine. Trickster is the best way to grab wizard defensive buffs, if you want them.
  • Wizard: I'd avoid it. A single-classed lifegiver will do pretty much everything that a sorcerer can do, except better.
Edited by gkathellar

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

<p>

Lifegiver is good, either on its own or multiclassed. Unless you use lots of Druid summons, it plays pretty much like an animist with stronger heals. Druids get some really good heals, so Lifegiver's benefit is nice.

• Chanter: Always good. Summons from multiple classes are incompatible anyway, so your subclass choice becomes painless.
  • Cipher: This is fine, and IIRC the couple of physical attack spells a druid gets generate focus. Not sure it beats top-level spells.
  • Fighter: You can shift and murder everything with fighter powers with the best of them, but constant recovery may be a touch wasted on you.
  • Paladin: Basically always good for the defenses and FoD and passives. Note that, if you go Bleak Walker, you can grab the Corrode and Burn passives for even better penetration, something only multiclassed paladin/casters can do.
  • Priest: Skip it unless you have something fancy in mind. A universalist is better off going fury or animist. You don't need more support power.
  • Rogue: Good for similar reasons to fighter. Avoid redundancies in your affliction package and you'll be fine. Trickster is the best way to grab wizard defensive buffs, if you want them.
  • Wizard: I'd avoid it. A single-classed lifegiver will do pretty much everything that a sorcerer can do, except better.

I wouldn't necessarily say that wizard would be a bad choice even as a support/healing multi. Tho u prolly know me by now and that I always try to see the benefits even if they are small :p

Question is, does draining wall increase spiritshift duration? :p

Also a wizard can very rapidly buff mig, int and action speed :)

Lifegivers get +2 PL with rejuvenation spells.

They get an additional +5 PL (with rejuvenation spells) bonus when shifted. But they lose this bonus, and get -5 PL malus instead, once spiritshift has ended.

So after the shift end they are at -3 PL with rejuvenation spells.

This means that during the spiritshift you would like to finish 2 Moon Lights and 2 Moonwells, since these being Heals-over-Time do benefit most from bonus PL. These HoTs get +5% healing amount and +5% duration per PL: 1.35 x 1.35 = 1.825. So a shifted lifegiver can potentially heal up to 82% more than an animist would.

At the same time Nature's Vigor and Nature's Balm which are also rejuvenation spells only get longer duration from PL and thus are not affected that much. So they get lower priority. Also would notice that they are great to use even post-shift, if your party members are affected by CON-afflictions since it allows them to benefit from full healing again.

Also there is:

- Nature's Bounty - which is marked as Restoration spell - and thus is not affected by post-shift malus at all.

- Cleansing Wind - which is marked as Wind, Elements - and thus is also not affected.

- Garden of Life - which is marked as Plant - and is also not affected.

Btw, Xoti's shield only gives +2 PL to Restoration and Inspiration spells. It does not affect Rejuvenation stuff.

P.S. As for builds: I love my Goldpact/Lifegiver (18/18/17/3/19/3).

At the start of combat: shift to cat, enable cat flurry, toss gilded enmity, and start HoTing around. He's unkillable, nearby teammates do permanently spring back to full hp. And besides druid heals, there is also Greater Lay on Hands, Exalted Endurance and Liberating Exhortation. Party is happy)

How did you go with the druids long cast times and being a tank?

I really struggle in that area. Im not a fan of using casters/ melee hybrids for this reason

I'm surprised you didn't mention helwalker as a synergy. +15 might and +10 intellect buffs moon's light and moonwell through the roof. You're frail if you play carelessly, but if you avoid taking focused fire from multiple attackers, your healing makes yourself and the whole party extremely hard to kill.

I'm surprised you didn't mention helwalker as a synergy. +15 might and +10 intellect buffs moon's light and moonwell through the roof. You're frail if you play carelessly, but if you avoid taking focused fire from multiple attackers, your healing makes yourself and the whole party extremely hard to kill.

Monk. Good god I knew I forgot something.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.