[2.0] Untargetable, non-attacking flame blight in cavern of xaur tuk-tuk

thelee

Question

Had this happen before in a different run-through and thought it was a weird one-off, but it happened again in this run through so it is a consistent issue.

Saving/reloading doesn't work. It slightly breaks this area because the xaurip that you rescue won't recognize that all the enemies are cleared because this flame blight is still there. Fortunately when I try to leave the xaurip comes by.

See screenshot: post-58316-0-92702600-1533528452_thumb.png

Dropbox link to save and output_log (OS X): https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n975zlm816cp5qs/AACaLP9tD4v92WtlEBAE_KR6a?dl=0

11 answers to this question

For what it's worth, I have also had this happen as a "weird one-off" in a previous game version, which, to my shame, I didn't bother reporting.

In my case, I think something went wacky in sneaking in and trying to pull the Xaurips, etc., to the SE part of the map.  Reloading a save on the world map and replaying the cave in a more straightforward charge-in-from-the-entrance manner avoided the problem somehow.

Edited by Enoch

This is still an issue as of 2.1.

Just got to this same cave in a new game, and sneaking around saw that this flame blight just starts off untargetable (i circled it and drew in a little targeting circle to illustrate what I should see):

post-58316-0-68741300-1537131721_thumb.jpg

Here's a dropbox link to a 2.1 quicksave right before this encounter, along with output_log: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/opse1toiqqn6lxf/AADh_FiyzWQ1Uka86lEhdTbOa?dl=0

I found another one, this one in the Oathbinder's Sanctum. This one looks like a troll.

attachicon.gifuntargetable troll.jpg

Dropbox link to save and output_log: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eltgh01ny3lkbty/AABRxnMeISJtSHmhIwfdclGwa?dl=0

Should I be opening new threads for this? Or just adding all these data points here.

I just had this problem. The troll was active the first time I had the fight. The troll became inactive the second time I had the fight after I loaded a save. I think the number of active oozes in that room also reduced in my second attempt at the fight.

Edited by DaylenAmell

I just had this problem. The troll was active the first time I had the fight. The troll became inactive the second time I had the fight after I loaded a save. I think the number of active oozes in that room also reduced in my second attempt at the fight.

Seconded. It seems to have something to do whether you load from a save or not. If you enter the 4th? floor and get to the ooze area, the troll will be active.

But if you load from a save on the 4th floor, the troll will be inactive. I think. It's been a while.

• Like 1

Nerf Troubadour!

I am at this moment sitting in the Cavern of Xaur Tuk Tuk. Four xaurips are untargetable and are trying to kill me, but the game is not in combat mode, so it is hard for them. I am regaining health very quickly. I tried to maneuver a little, which caused them to concentrate fire on Pallegina and knock her down, so she got an injury.

Initially I thought this happened because Serafen managed to Whisper of Treason all of the xaurips at some point, but I am not so sure anymore.

I can leave the cavern and enter it again, the xaurips stay untargetable.

Eventually, I freed Mother Sharp-Rock from the cage and I named the island "Immortal xaurips". I got even more injuries but I at least I "completed" the cave.