[3.0 - bug] Oathbinder Sactum - Black Ooze fight

bringingyouthefuture

Question

Hey!

I had a very interesting thing happen with the Oathbinder Sactum level 4 fight with the Black Ooze on PoTD.  So the first time I went into the encounter it loaded a good amount of Black Oozes and Lesser Black Oozes, and there was a Troll.  Was really digging the fight - but I was trying to figure out why Aloth was getting interrupted all the time (silly me it is in the description of the Grimoire of Vaporous wizardry), and once I figured that out I reloaded the encounter because I wanted to use magic more, actually I wanted to shoot fireballs :)

Low and behold when I reloaded the encounter and went to fight, half of the original enemies were gone - no more troll, only one Black Ooze and like 4 Lesser Black Oozes - I was seriously bummed as I wanted the more difficult fight but something got confused - I tried to go to the 3rd level and then back down, and then the game crashed.

I can give you the crash report and send you a save later if you are interested - not game breaking just a little annoying.   Curious if anyone else experienced this and if they have a way to reset the encounters too.

Thanks!

Aaron

“How do you 'accidentally' kill a nobleman in his own mansion?"

"With a knife in the chest. Or, rather, a pair of knives in the chest...”

The Final Empire, Mistborn Trilogy

1 answer to this question

Guest Psychovampiric Shield

Yes, I can confirm this bug, both that initially there are more enemies, most notably a troll, while after save/reload cycle the troll is gone, oozes are fewer and kinda "hiding" (will spawn when characters get detected in one of the corners), and that after going upstairs and downstairs, the game will crash (and it will not reset enemies anyway).

Furthermore, I suspect that the bug has been around for some time, because in my previous games, I noticed only that oozes are sometimes "hiding" and sometimes not, but did not notice the troll so I dismissed it .

EDIT: more precisely, there are two groups; unstealthed oozes + troll, and sneaking oozes that would normally ambush the party during fight with the first group. Save/load causes the first group to disappear.

Edited by Psychovampiric Shield