Hi!

Do this: use a wizard who has Citzal's Enchanted Armory AND Concelhaut's Draining Touch.

Summon Armory, then summon Draining Touch. Wait till Armory expires, then end combat (e.g. kill enemies).

The Draining Touch will go away and leave you with a permanent scaling one-handed (!) great sword in the hand that you can give to anybody (e.g. your Devoted/Bleak Walker ;) ).

Enjoy! :)

dual_greaties.png?dl=1

Since it's not overly powerful (you can have much better weapons at PL 9) and not that important so I will not file a bug immediately. Maybe later. :)

This does not work with other summoned weapons (e.g Spiritual Weapon) - only Citzal's Ench. Armory seems to have this behavior.

Edit: you can use it one-handed and turn on Savage Attack. Give this sword +2 ACC and +30% dmg. ;)

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 8

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I’d also like to point out a “beneficial” bug with one of the spears. Kahua Hozi spear modal gets changed to a weaker version of battle axe’s bleeding cut for me. (May be intentional or only on my end, but idk)

Helps me get some extra dps so I don't mind.

Ah - even better with patch 2: YOu can do the same as Transmuter with the Armory Breastplate (that gets 0 recovery penalty but 7+scaling AR): cast Armory, cast Form of the Fearsome Brute, kill enemy, get a permanent 7 AR/0 recovery penalty breastplate that you can give to anybody. Enjoy again!

But all in all this seems to be a general problem and I will file a report - because the breastplate is too good in version 2.0 to keep it permanently I think. Or not?

• Like 2

I’d also like to point out a “beneficial” bug with one of the spears. Kahua Hozi spear modal gets changed to a weaker version of battle axe’s bleeding cut for me. (May be intentional or only on my end, but idk)

But isn't that supposed to be so? FOr example the Arcane Blaster also gets a modal as enchantment.

Edited by Boeroer

But all in all this seems to be a general problem and I will file a report - because the breastplate is too good in version 2.0 to keep it permanently I think. Or not?

These should definitely be reported.

They’re cool but also clearly unintended.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

But isn't that supposed to be so? FOr example the Arcane Blaster also gets a modal as enchantment.

The difference is that this isn’t an enchantment and isn’t listed anywhere in the description of the item. If it’s intentional, it wasn’t really communicated to the player well.

In addition to this, the Eccea’s blaster modal is separate from the pistol modal. The Kahua Hozi modal just replaces the normal spear modal. It’s weird and I don’t understand anything so I just accept it.

Ach, I confused it with the Stalker spear, sorry. Sounds indeed like a bug or an oversight on the UI part.

Anyway: here's my shiny boy with all permanent armory items:

armory_guy.gif?dl=1

• Like 2

:w00t:

Does it scale with the summoner's or the wielder's power level?

Wielder's character level. Summoned items always scale with char level, not PL (for whatever reason).

These should definitely be reported.

They’re cool but also clearly unintended.

Yeah, I will report it then. :)

Edit: did it!

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

If it scales by the wielder's level rather than the summoner's, can you load summoned items through the console, and if so, do they have a duration that way (if you don't have a wizard or for after the bug is fixed)? Is there a guide somewhere with console commands and item codes? Would this set-up use the two-weapon ability, two-handed ability, or both? (maybe two-weapon ability isn't needed if the armor has 0 recovery?)

It might be kinda fun for an unofficial playthrough with a one- or two-person party where you need more damage output.

Yes, you simple type 

giveitem Pike_Citzals_Spirit_Lance

for example and you got yourself a permanent version of that lance that scales automatically with the wielder's level.

It is the same object that you would summon - but when you summon in game the ability/game engine makes sure that it disappears after its duration. If you use the console to get it there is no "summon management" involved and the weapon is like any other.

Edited by Boeroer

Ok, I got one of the swords. My success rate was only 33% though (even though both spells were definitely active at the end of the fight)... the bug seems to be a bit more complicated to trigger than just casting both spells.

Edited by M4xw0lf

Those weapons are very pretty. They SHOULD be permanent :D

I was thinking about a Firebrand Druid/Something... to be honest, since I cba to try modding myself, this topic has made me want to just console in a permanent Firebrand. So much more convenient.

Those weapons are very pretty. They SHOULD be permanent :D

I was thinking about a Firebrand Druid/Something... to be honest, since I cba to try modding myself, this topic has made me want to just console in a permanent Firebrand. So much more convenient.

Yes, I did a Firebrand Devoted/Druid after Boeroer's post about it, and the weapon was nice, but other than the weapon and Scion of Flame, the druid side doesn't really contribute much to the combo. Consoling in a Firebrand and giving it to a different class combo would probably be more effective.

I could only reproduce once when I was in ship combat.  Handed the sword to Eder then couldn't reproduce.
Is this happening everywhere for you?

Do you have to kill everything before the timer expires/or do you need the timer to expire then kill things?

How'd you keep the BP, console?