Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

☆ The Dream Thread ☆

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2310 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
I don't always remember my dreams, but when I do:

Dream #1 23rd Juli 2018(14:00-19:00)

I was at a firing range. It was indoors and someone was introducing me to handguns and explaining me how they work. He handed me over this gun that was very similar to a Bretta 92F and it had this very cool black and red paint job. I fired a few rounds at the range and then suddenly, I noticed that I could control time and fire bullets in slow motion. At that point I started questioning everything which is why I woke up eventually.

Notes:

-I started building my first weapons in Warframe(Karak) from a blueprint I had aquired earlier shortly before going to sleep and that process usually takes 24 hours to complete. I was thinking whether it took in-game hours or real life hours for the building process to complete when I suddenly switched off on the couch and went to sleep so it might have something to do with that.

Post yours. In case you haven't had any recent dreams you are always welcome to post the ones you can still remember. :grin:
  • Hurlshot likes this

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 582 posts

Slightly off topic. What are the gun laws in Iran? Just curious.

Agiel

Agiel

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 663 posts

Just a lot of the usual "I'm back in college and I have to take a final for a class I hardly ever showed up for" nightmares.

• majestic, Hurlshot and Vitalis like this

Hurlshot

Hurlshot

Obsidian Order Hockey Puck

• Members
  • 8876 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Hurlshot
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

My repetitive dreams usually involve me trying to run fast but I feel like I'm in quicksand, or my hockey game is starting but I can't get my gear on quickly, or I'm trying to get to work but I have to cover a lot of distance in order to get there and time is running out.

Also sometimes I am dealing with difficult students in the classroom and keep yelling. Those are the worst.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2230 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I get reoccurring dreams sometimes about storms, as in tornados and also one where I'm driving on a family vacation and the road has a roller coaster type drop but it's a couple thousand feet in the air. I can't remember any recent ones too clearly but when I do dream, my cat is often in the one's where I'm not driving. I rarely have nightmares lately.

Edited by SonicMage117, 23 July 2018 - 12:13 PM.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7393 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Kickstarter Backer
I dream I'm walking in a desert, and I look down and see a tortoise...
  • Katphood and injurai like this

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2310 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Slightly off topic. What are the gun laws in Iran? Just curious.

It is very uncommom for a household to own a gun unless daddy is working as a police officer. Even in those instances, the police officer is limited to a handgun.

In the south-west it is different though, it isn't uncommon for arab families to own all sorts of guns and the police never has the balls to even question them, it's also partially due to the fact that they are much better at upholding the law compared to the police(same way the mafia would uphold the law in Vegas back in the days, no court, no trial, just a few broken bones or at worst, a bullet to the head).

There are also regions in the north where people can own a hunting rifle depending on the region they live in, some of them are allowed to hunt one or two animals per year.

But in general, I'd say it is not as popular as it is in most countries in the world. Iranians have more interest in owning the latest car/phone instead of let's say, having 'a gun collection'.

Edited by Katphood, 23 July 2018 - 02:16 PM.

• Gfted1 and Gorth like this

majestic

majestic

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 828 posts
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Just a lot of the usual "I'm back in college and I have to take a final for a class I hardly ever showed up for" nightmares.

Yeah, I have those too. The school I went to has a final "final" that I often dream of going to completely unprepared. Which always ends up confusing me because those dreams feel shockingly real.

Well, and I really showed up - by far and large - unprepared to that exam. The part I usually dream about is accounting, something which I almost failed a lot of times in the five years of the course.

Waking up it always take a minute or two to realize that not only did I pass the exam without a hitch but it's been almost 18 years now that I did. :)

Every now and then I have an epic dream. Here's one:

A friend of mine, his sister and a few old classmates need to go to class. So we go to our school. Next to the school where the McDonalds was are huge holes in the ground where steam or smoke bellow from underground. The school's main entrance was closed and the entire area more of a construction site than anything.

We had to use a paternoster elevator to reach the scaffolding that lead to the only accessible door that lead inside. Once inside something strange started to happen to my colleagues and frieds: One by one they turned into talking watermelons. Obviously confused I told a teacher that my friends turned into watermelons and were still talking, which landed all of us in an insane asylum that looked just like my grandmother's house. In the meantime I turned into a pumpkin.

Since we were all rather short by now the nurses and orderlies in the asylum all looked like the nanny from Muppet Babies, i.e. we cold only see them up to their knees:

Nanny_feet.jpg

Knowing the house intimately we tried to escape. Got as far as the entrance when we were caught and I finally woke up.

• Katphood and Agiel like this

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2590 posts
  • Steam:funderbunk
The last dream I remembered was me going through my day like regular, except there were decomposing corpses everywhere and when I looked at them or acknowledged them they would go towards me so I had to pretend really hard they weren't there.

Guard Dog

Guard Dog

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 582 posts

I don't really remember my dreams. With one exception. About a week after my dog passed away I had a dream I was sitting in my usual spot on the river and he was there next to me. It's the place we scattered his ashes afterwards. It was a happy dream, bittersweet on reflection though. 

• Gfted1 likes this

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3011 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

My dreams are all over the place and pretty dark now but when I was a kid I would often dream that I could fly. The fact that I watched The Boy Who Could Fly about a fiftyleven times probably had nothing to do with that.

Katphood

Katphood

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2310 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
@Majestic: your dream is interesting, but isn't that basically what McDonalds will do to the world in the 22nd century?! :p

@Guard Dog: Sorry to hear that. My condolences.

Edited by Katphood, 23 July 2018 - 02:20 PM.

213374U

213374U

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5205 posts

Yeah, I have those too. The school I went to has a final "final" that I often dream of going to completely unprepared. Which always ends up confusing me because those dreams feel shockingly real.

Ha, I thought I was the only idiot who had nightmares about past exams. I've on occasion also dreamed that some old professor shows up and is like "hey, remember course X you thought you passed? Well, you actually didn't, so you have to take it again". And this is considering that I dropped out and have been gainfully employed for a while so even if that happened... it wouldn't matter at all.

Scumbag-Brain.jpg

Edited by 213374U, 23 July 2018 - 06:53 PM.

kirottu

kirottu

Luchador Ninja

• Members
  • 4580 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

In my most recent dream I was smoking. I didn't put it out properly and it started a forest fire. The dream wasn't about escaping the fire. The dream was about me having to live the rest of my life up to my eyeballs in debt, because the fine for starting a forest fire was so damn high.

I think that was my first "adult" nightmare. I didn't even know that was a thing. I didn't know your nightmares would grow up with you.

• Katphood likes this

ShadySands

ShadySands

The Guy on the Couch of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3011 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I had a dream that the Lakers signed the best player in the world and then went out of their way to sabotage their next season. I woke up in a cold sweat and couldn't go back to sleep after that.

Gorth

Gorth

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 10517 posts
Only three dreams affected me strongly enough to remember them for the rest of my life. Two of them I wish I could forget (enough said) and the third one was this odd phenomena called 'lucid dreams'. That was surreal. Once I realised I could control the dream, I went completely overboard. I could literally change the reality around me through force of will. Sadly I did wake up eventually.

Humanoid

Humanoid

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3815 posts

I still remember a childhood nightmare where I was in an undulating cartoon landscape being chased by axe-wielding McDonald's Fry Guys.

Don't ask me how they managed to wield axes while lacking arms.

TrueNeutral

TrueNeutral

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2590 posts
  • Steam:funderbunk

I'm jealous of you guys' school nightmares. The last time I dreamt I was back in school, it was in the middle of the night, it was abandoned and overgrown and two "people", one covered in boils and pustules, the other looking like a scarred burn victim, led me to the furthest room in the building and I knew in my soul that they represented my death, and if I followed them into the last room I would die so I stopped following them and struggled as they tried to push me in until I woke up.

EDIT: Not to say your nightmares don't sound stressful and weird as hell in their own right. Re-reading my own post made me feel like I was trying to one-up you guys which isn't my intention. I just have problems with night terrors, to the point I have an ongoing prescription for anti-psychotics to help me sleep. I'm glad I don't remember most of them for long.

Edited by TrueNeutral, 24 July 2018 - 03:06 AM.

Malcador

Malcador

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 7393 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Pft, consoles.
  • Kickstarter Backer

To seriously answer, I keep having recurring dreams in the same setting - basically is areas of Toronto I know but altered slightly so there's a cement elevator where an office building should be.  Other than that I am doing mundane things in that setting, like driving from one place or just walking to a car dealership.  Bit strange, really.

Other than that, the ones I do remember are strange but I can trace it down to what I was listening to as I went to bed.  Well, except for that one dream of fighting off a home invasion of pitbulls walking on two legs under a blood red sky.

• Katphood likes this

213374U

213374U

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5205 posts

I'm jealous of you guys' school nightmares. The last time I dreamt I was back in school, it was in the middle of the night, it was abandoned and overgrown and two "people", one covered in boils and pustules, the other looking like a scarred burn victim, led me to the furthest room in the building and I knew in my soul that they represented my death, and if I followed them into the last room I would die so I stopped following them and struggled as they tried to push me in until I woke up.

EDIT: Not to say your nightmares don't sound stressful and weird as hell in their own right. Re-reading my own post made me feel like I was trying to one-up you guys which isn't my intention. I just have problems with night terrors, to the point I have an ongoing prescription for anti-psychotics to help me sleep. I'm glad I don't remember most of them for long.

Bro.

Death? Impending doom? Gimme a break. We're talking ****ing differential equations here. Whole courses of them!

Seriously though, as I was writing the post, I thought it was pretty silly, too. Exams aren't the most stressing experience I've had either, so why do I keep dreaming of that stupid ****? Thankfully I've never had "serious" nightmares. Never woken up screaming or drenched in sweat or anything. Generally I sleep like a baby, and don't remember a thing in the morning.

• TrueNeutral likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users