Has anyone else noticed this about rogues?

You dont need hardly any of there active abilities to make the best rogue you just need to take there best passives. I find nearly all of there med-high level active abilities ok but you definately dont need them. The low level ones pretty much do the excact same thing anyway. The high level rogue ability withering strike is just a joke with a 3 guile cost

All you need is:

- crippling strike upgraded to artierel (costs 1 guile gives +2 pen +25% damage and hobbles) is essential

- Smoke cloud 

- and its optional to even take confounding blind

Its not hard to set up deathblows and sneak attacks because you have four other party members who can do that anyway

No wonder everyone loves rogues 

Edited by no1fanboy
  • Thanks 1

You're right, though i always take devastating blow, too, for those sweet super high crits.

Every later active ability is not really needed, gambit is disappointing, perplexing sap even is detrimental (stuff might hit you and YOU get confused).

Edited by Carmir

yeah sorry i missed devastating blow thats good aswell

All there high level abilaties are just pointless. They just all compete for guile and do the same thing

even shadowing beyond is a waste when you got smoke cloud. The extra time just isnt needed

Edited by no1fanboy

Yes let's go back to trying not to use any abilities at all to preserve them for harder combat that might await around the corner, because I'm running low on Camping Supplies and don't want to waste 10 minutes just to go to a damn merchant!

Or, alternatively, let's not..

• Like 7

If you want to stack max DoTs on targets (and that is really, really powerful with light/fast weapons against single targets that are way above you level) you need Crippling Strike, Gouging Strike, Ring the Bell, Toxic Strike - this is really good with long durations/high INT (and Deep Wounds as passive). Stacking different DoTs with AoE weapons is extremely good as well (Hand Mortar, Fire in the Hole, WotEP, Wahaī Pōraga, Frostseeker, Citzal's Spirit Lance, Minor Blights and so on).

If you don't want to then I agree that there's little reason to take a lot of actives for a rogue. Persistent Distraction + Crippling Strike for unlocking Deathblows and you are good to go.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

The one ability that really needs nerfed is persistent distraction. Because it automatically causes two afflictions, you automatically proc deathblows from the point you get it onward. There's no need to set up afflictions the way you had to in PoE1 because all the ones you need are applied passively, which kills the main strategic element of the class.