During the combat character disappear and not fight

cianopg

Question

Hello guys, during the combat fase all my characters and pet disappear (just the green circles are visible) and I can t do anything like use cast or just fight.

help me please

Edited by cianopg
  • Like 1

11 answers to this question

With the latest patch 1.2.0.0017 a very serious bug has been introduced, the characters fade as soon as the combat begins and only the green circles remain and above all they do not fight!!

It's incredible  how Obsidian did not notice this huge bug. Correct it with a patch immediately !!! :banghead:

I haven’t experienced this particular bug. Could be a local issue. Have you tried verifying your game data in Steam or GoG Galaxy?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Apart from the fact, that there is a forum section for bugs and you are a very untalented bug reporter: Is it common at your workplace that random customers enter and shout orders?

I'm not sure it's common, but I visited the other day and a sign clearly said "KINDLY SHOUT YOUR GRIEVANCES IN THE GENERAL DIRECTION OF THE CUBICLES" and I figured, when in Rome...

There might be less mannered people who try to be discrete and constructive about it.

• Like 4

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

It would probably help the developers to provide as much of the information as possible that they request for reporting a bug:

Description:

Describe the issue that is occurring.

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

List the steps of how to make the issue happen.

Important Files:

If the files are too large to attach separately, compile them all in a .zip and make a link to Dropbox with the .zip or email us at bugs@obsidian.net

Attach files that will help the dev team figure out and resolve the issue. These include:

Savegames

Try to include a save file from right before as well as during the issue you are reporting

Windows Location: %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity II

MACOS: ~/Library/Application Support/ Pillars of Eternity II

Linux: $XDG_Data_Home/PillarsofEternityII

Output Log

When the issue occurs, close the game client, find this file, then attach it to your post

Steam Location: \Steam\steamapps\common\Pillars of Eternity II\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\output_log.txt

GOG Location: \GOG\Games\Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\output_log.txt

GOG Galaxy: \GalaxyClient\Games\Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\output_log.txt

OSX Location: ~/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log

Crash Output

This only applies if you experienced a crash. If the game crashes, in many cases it will create a folder containing crash information (including a Crash log, output log, and save file). This folder will appear inside your client next to the game launcher (PillarsOfEternityII.exe). The name of the folder will be of the following format:

YYYY-MM-DD_HHMMSS

Example: 2018-05-08_081722

System Specs

This will give us most of your computer specs to help us diagnose the problem

Windows Location: Press (windowkey + R), Type "dxdiag" and press Enter, Click "Save All Information", Attach the file that you create

MAC OS Location: Click the Apple icon in the top left corner of your screen. From the drop-down menu, click About This Mac to open the System Information window.

Screenshots

Attach any pictures or links to pictures that can help us understand the issue

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

With the latest patch 1.2.0.0017 a very serious bug has been introduced, the characters fade as soon as the combat begins and only the green circles remain and above all they do not fight!!

It's incredible  how Obsidian did not notice this huge bug. Correct it with a patch immediately !!! :banghead:

Windows 7 64 until the latest patch everything went good, bug is noticed by many people