World Cup 2018

Guard Dog

The families of the Russian footballers' being held at gunpoint are breathing slightly easier right now.

Original joke!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I suspect the Russian footballers are in for some sort of bonus given how low they were ranked. They definitely made the most of their team which cannot be said for many others that have been knocked out or didn't even make it. No Russia v England makes me sad, the chance was there for maximised awkwardness.

In terms of 'rewards' I'd be a lot more worried about the Saudi team ending up on a trip to Sana'a or Hodeidah after their performance.

(The Russian coach would make a great dictator though, he looks like a cross between Belarus's Lukashenko and Yemen's Ali Saleh and was not exactly the most verbose interview in the world)

Edited by Zoraptor

Very pleased by those results. Hoping for Belgium v. England at this point, although a rematch of the 100 years war would be fun as well. Then I've been rooting for Croatia as the underdog since there solid group performance so I'd be happy to see them make it as well. Just as long as the French don't win.

• Like 1

I am ecstatic with the England victory, I have never seen an English team play this well...granted Im not a big football watcher but still  :geek:

Here is to England going all the way    :dancing:  :dancing:  :dancing:

And I still support Belgium because of that bet at work and lucky draw 

• Like 2

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I wonder if the Dutch would ever survive the Belgians winning the WC :lol:

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Just as long as the English don't win

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Good game so far, Pavard really should have crossed rather than shoot

Giroud is having a bad game, hah

Look at that traitor Henry

2 clear fouls on France in dangerous position not called in the last 5 minutes.  Does a Frenchman have to pull out a gun and shoot Hazard for a foul to be called?

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

2 clear fouls on France in dangerous position not called in the last 5 minutes. Does a Frenchman have to pull out a gun and shoot Hazard for a foul to be called?

Also missed yellows on some Belgians for tactical fouls. Usual WC stuff.

France is inviting too much pressure

Edited by Malcador

This is ending like France Germany 2014, with a fizzle