World Cup 2018

Guard Dog

Lukaku has the touch of a rapist

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Eh I feel people are being too hard on Neymar, tonnes of players dive, some were experts at it - Inzaghi for example.

It didn't help that he was so whiny about it. But to me diving and cheating is reprehensible and tons of players doing it only makes it worse.

Diego Maradona is a legend, and at the same time, he cheated in a pathetic way. Doesn't get 'excused', we would get a lot more quality football without the diving and fouling.

Thought Belgians showed some fantastic ball control and quick decisions yesterday - England well organised and decent but lacking that kind of quality.

• Like 2

Huh, I was about to go to bed before I noticed the kick-off is at 1am. That's not too bad, actually, I'll stay up and watch it. Dunno why the semis were at 4am, that obviously didn't work for me and I was anticipating not being able to watch any further matches for the rest of the tournament.

I want France to win because I love Hugo, simple as that.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Croatia really needs to learn how stop giving the other teams free shots, is how they always lose a goal.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Good refereeing so far, minor mistakes though.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

FIFA should make it less obvious.

What, you think they rigged for France?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

FIFA should make it less obvious.

France's yellows seem odd.

Just curious, do they do steroid testing at the World Cup?

Yes, and they've happily announced every single one was negative. It's all for show of course, but it does fall under the WADA umbrella, unlike American sports which are a law unto themselves.

Glad France got that last goal. I do feel the penalty was there, but it always feels kinda ****ty if you win by controversial decision. Looks like the early nerves from France's youngsters is starting to wear off.

EDIT: And right as I submit that... Definitely feels deserved now.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Lloris showing why he's a Spurs player