Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Official Characters and Romance Thread (Spoiler Version) Part the Third

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Amentep

Amentep

Forum Moderator

• Moderators
  • 5143 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
1st thread: https://forums.obsid...ns-and-romance/

2nd thread: https://forums.obsid...rsion-part-two/

Last few posts:

My experience with Xoti was quite something. I consistently encouraged her to pursue Maia, told Maia to go for Xoti, and then near the end of the game Xoti decided it was the time to talk about her feelings... for Eder. When I said that she might be a bit too young for him she suddenly got all flirty and asked who wasn't she too young for (hinting at me, from my impression), at which point I had options to tell her to bugger off, to remind her about Maia or to kiss her. All of that while I was already in a relationship with another character.
So my guess is that it's almost impossible to botch her romance. You can throw her at Eder, you can trow her at Maia (and Maia might even catch her), but she will still remain available to you.

Yes she flirted, I turned her down, we did her quests and had several conversations on the boat. I just never brought her along in party other then her quest.

I should have been more specific, sorry. What I meant was did Maia have any conversation available after you lock yourself in on the huana route? Because I read that she will only have a "Maia is angry and wouldn't talk to you" line over her head after that.

I left maia on the boat during my huana run and she stayed. Maybe because I didn't go to see Hazanui and reject her offer.

As far as I know Maia would be alright with you rejecting Hazanui's offer, because, uhhh, I'll hide it just in case since it's a bit spoilery.
Spoiler

Did she talk to you at all on the huana route?

Yes she flirted, I turned her down, we did her quests and had several conversations on the boat. I just never brought her along in party other then her quest.

Aloth spontaneously decided that the best time to chat 'feelings' was when the party was hiding between 6 tripple skull mobs, and an un-killable trap...

Man, that's the best time for romance. What kind of an adventurer are you? :p

A reminder on this thread - discuss people's points not themselves.  If you can't refute someone's argument without trying to psychoanalyze them (including trying to determine "why" they're "really" posting the way they post), then you are doing something wrong.
  • Ryz009 and Noctoi like this

Tarlonniel

Tarlonniel

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 466 posts

Boy am I confused.

Anyway, I also had Xoti hit on my Watcher when they were already romancing someone else, but that was before the latest patch. I didn't have it happen in my last game. On the other hand, I didn't have Eder in my party either; the bugged (?) conversation may be tied to him.

• Noctoi likes this

Aridea

Aridea

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer

Boy am I confused.

Anyway, I also had Xoti hit on my Watcher when they were already romancing someone else, but that was before the latest patch. I didn't have it happen in my last game. On the other hand, I didn't have Eder in my party either; the bugged (?) conversation may be tied to him.

I think there are flirts which are natural parts of her dialogue regardless whether you romance her or not, and then there is the lock-in conversation where she tells you she likes you. Or something...

• Noctoi likes this

Noctoi

Noctoi

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 93 posts

Woo!! Thread #3!!

Boy am I confused.

I think there are flirts which are natural parts of her dialogue regardless whether you romance her or not, and then there is the lock-in conversation where she tells you she likes you. Or something...

I'd agree with this, I had a minor freakout last night because I stuck up for her when Eder was having a go at her, and she randomly grabbed my hand and started telling me how awesome I was... 

Since this is my 5th attempt at an Aloth romance now, I'm really hoping it's "just her", because I'm not sure I can stomach another starting sequence just yet  :facepalm:

Tarlonniel

Tarlonniel

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 466 posts

At least we can skip the "long walk" part of the starting sequence now. Very handy for those folks who have alt-itis. I, of course, am not one of those folks. I'm, um, playtesting. Yeah.

• Slotharingia and Noctoi like this

Balbanes

Balbanes

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

In the absence of an in-game reward, I apparently can't be bothered to romance anyone.  Case in point: TekÄ“hu reserved that room at the Wild Mare weeks ago.  Meanwhile, my Watcher is exploring literally every scrap of land in Deadfire.

Awkward!

• Noctoi likes this

Tarlonniel

Tarlonniel

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 466 posts

Hey, if he can't be bothered to come to your cabin instead of waiting for a return to Neketaka, obviously it's not that important.

• Noctoi likes this

Aridea

Aridea

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer

Well he did say he'll play it slow so...  :shrugz:

• Mannock, Yria and Ryz009 like this

Noctoi

Noctoi

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 93 posts

At least we can skip the "long walk" part of the starting sequence now. Very handy for those folks who have alt-itis. I, of course, am not one of those folks. I'm, um, playtesting. Yeah.

ALTS FOR SCIENCE!!!

Ehem...

I had no idea we could skip that now! Thank the gods!
  • Aridea and Slotharingia like this

E.RedMark

E.RedMark

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 654 posts

ALTS FOR SCIENCE!!!

Ehem...

not skip like...hit ESC skip...

I still had to do it *again*...even though...well it didnt recognize my save with the update I guess..

But...under new game , you have a skip&new game show up..

it's weird..

• Noctoi likes this

Slotharingia

Slotharingia

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

ALTS FOR SCIENCE!!!

Ehem...

You can only skip the irritating slow walk at the beginning. It's still too long imo.

On another note, you get flirty options even if you are in a romance. I got one to hold Tekehu's hand after turning him down and another to say some crap like "anything for you Xoti" (eek!) when I was already on the Alothmance.

• Noctoi likes this

bugarup

bugarup

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer

Also, when on the ship you can roll up to Serafen and try some incredibly cheesy pick-up lines on him. He shots you down though.  :biggrin:

• Aridea, Slotharingia, sanguineum and 1 other like this

Slotharingia

Slotharingia

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

If you use a mod someone above made, Rekke

Spoiler
:D

• Noctoi likes this

Aridea

Aridea

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer

Also, when on the ship you can roll up to Serafen and try some incredibly cheesy pick-up lines on him. He shots you down though.  :biggrin:

Serves you right, Serafen is too good for you anyways.  :grin:

Tear~

Tear~

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 3 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

On another note, you get flirty options even if you are in a romance. I got one to hold Tekehu's hand after turning him down and another to say some crap like "anything for you Xoti" (eek!) when I was already on the Alothmance.

I actually didn't take the holding Hand thing as a flirty thing. More like back in poe1 with Aloth, a 'It is okay, I am here' thing... especially with Tekehu feeling really... young- More like holding a kids hand through a scary experience.

• Yria, Ryz009, Mari and 2 others like this

CENIC

CENIC

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 341 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

If you use a mod someone above made, Rekke

Spoiler
:D

Now I can't wait to
Spoiler

• Mannock, gkathellar, Slotharingia and 4 others like this

Yria

Yria

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 308 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Doesn't Serafen only turn down godlike Watchers?

Edited by Yria, 12 June 2018 - 01:48 AM.

Slotharingia

Slotharingia

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

He turned down my elf-

Noctoi

Noctoi

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 93 posts

He turned down my elf-

Weird... I thought he swung every possible way... ;( 

I'll have to look up his 'preferences' before my next play through, I don't want any weird Aloth style hiccups for my debauched pirate run  :w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

• Slotharingia likes this

Mannock

Mannock

(5) Thaumaturgist

• Members
  • 528 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Gold Backer
  • Fig Backer
Can someone tell me which races works with which romances? Can an orlan romance Maia for example?
  • Noctoi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users