Everything posted by Amentep
-
What you did today
Why do you have to complete this book? Most authors I've read about in this situation put the current book to the side and return to it after they've done the new book rather than rushing it to an end.
-
What's on the idiot box... Part 2
Thinking about that a bit more I present: Goofy SHIELD Theory - Skye is the Marvel Movie-verse's version of Jessica Drew. The village that fought to protect her were some of the High Evolutionary's New Men (per Mount Wundagore in Drew's original origin) and the attackers were Hydra. Points in the theory's favor: Skye was captured by SHIELD (who was under control of Hydra) and convinced to join. Drew in her first origin was captured by Hydra and convinced to join. Skye was almost killed until an alien derived serum saved her life; Drew in her first origin was almost killed until her father injected her with a serum he created to save her life. Both ended up in machines to try and help save/heal them. Spoiler for this weeks episode: And Skye made a Spider-Man joke in the first episode - "With great power comes a whole lot of weird crap that you're not ready to deal with"
-
What's on the idiot box... Part 2
You know, I don't know for certain, but I'd be very surprised if Marvel has the rights to do Spider-Woman as Spider-Woman since I can't imagine Sony would go through the expense to license Spider-Man and have the chance someone else could do a Spider-Woman movie (heck the whole reason Spider Woman was created originally was to prevent someone else from making a Spider Woman comic in an attempt to take attention from Marvel's Spider-Man).
-
O Canada quest bug
The 03 Patch addressing the O Canada bug was released April 08 for PC - http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/65338-patch-notes/ I haven't read any updates yet on consoles other than the 03 Patch is forthcoming on those platforms (they say "The patch is in testing at Ubisoft and will become available on the consoles soon.") As Ubisoft is in charge of customer support, you might be better off working with them if your goal is your money back (not that I think you'll be successful, they'll probably just say "wait for the patch" or something).
-
Movies you've seen recently
Captain Kronos is awesome - pity Hammer fell apart without being able to do the proposed series of movies. Really liked the angle that each vampire family was different and their vulnerabilities had to be researched (leading to the scene where they keep trying different ways to kill a vampire in their control with varying results).
-
O Canada quest bug
No, I'm asking you what I, as someone who has been trying to help people on the forum in whatever limited way I can (which includes the post of mine you quoted below), how can I help make posters more aware of the information that ubisoft is the official customer support point and that while the developers have posted and do read this board they're not in a position to address every concern raised? I ask because a lot of people seemed to be angry that Obsidian isn't responding to customer service issues when this isn't the customer support forum and I'm at a loss as to how better to help people who come here.
-
What are you playing now
For me it was just that as a compeltionist I tried to explore every tiniest corner of the map and do every side quest. And for that the game is just too huge. Its possible that I may fall afoul of that, being ocd with fog of war clearing. But I may just stop playing the game and come back to it later if fatigue sets in as its totally soothing playing in a relaxed atmosphere.
-
What are you playing now
I'm playing Sacred 2. I'd played it when it first came out and never finished it - guess I wasn't in the mood. But I'm now in the mood for something that is kind of laid-back. And Sacred 2 seems to fit that bill; there's something soothing about blowdarting swaths of enemies at a distance before they ever get to you and then wandering around and clearing the fog of war from a map. And there's a lot of map to cover.
-
What's on the idiot box... Part 2
If you can't find a way to make your show interesting for 17 out of 22 episodes, then it is not because "this is how it needs to set up". It's because you have a piss-poor creative team. I found the entire season interestig and enjoyable so far. Its the one show I look forward to most every 2-3 weeks. yeah - while there have been some weaker episodes, on the most part I've enjoyed the series as well.
-
O Canada quest bug
Perhaps I could have phrased my post better, in retrospect I come off a bit testy; that said my question was genuine - I've been trying to answer questions as they come up since this is a player to player support forum and I'm truly at a loss as I can better get out the word that the official support for the game is Ubisoft. Since you'd brought up that what has been done is insufficient (or perhaps just easily missed), what would be the best way to get that across to new posters who come here seeking help that the official support is through Ubisoft and this is mostly peer-to-peer with occasionally developers reading for new issues but not always able to respond?
-
Problem with playing Cartman's Radio
Have you updated with the latest patch and have you verified all of your files via STEAM (assuming its the PC version, might be wrong)?
-
what is your worst rpg game ever played?
The early Japanese RPGs are based on either Rogue or Wizardry or games like SSI's Phantasie. Heck part of the appeal for me early on playing Japanese RPGs like Phantasy Starr is they reminded me of Phantasie, a game I really loved in the early to mid-80s. All the way to turn-based random battles and being able to see the heroes and monsters attack in turn.
-
what is your worst rpg game ever played?
Well, not sure I'd agree with that unless you want to also argue that, say, the Wizardry series aren't RPG's either given the influence that series had on Japanese RPGs as an example.
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
I think it was Oblivion that had the character creator where you could spend hours fine tuning the features and STILL end up with a character who looked like their face had exploded. And Fallout 3 put you in the dark so it was hard to see your features. Its weird, but for me the more I can customize my character - either in features or in skills/abilities - the more it makes me want to finish the game. When characters are set (say Diablo) as long as theirs a look or skill set I like I'm okay, but its not the same as it is with a character you created. But then again, I used to draw portraits for my Pen and Paper characters, so...
-
what is your worst rpg game ever played?
While I share your dislike of FF X-2 (that game, for me, marks the moment where the Final Fantasy series fell off a cliff, quality wise), what exactly makes western RPGs any more "legitimate" than Japanese RPGs? I have never played a Japanese RPG before but I'm going to attempt to answer this one. JRPG have no Romance in them....that's what makes them a pseudo-RPG You apparently don't realize that Final Fantasy X (which X2 is a sequel to) is about Tidus and Yuna's relationship (and to a lesser degree, Wakka and Lulu's) and Final Fantasy X-2 involves Yuna after the events of FFX seperates her and Tidus (which happens shortly after Yuna proclaims her love for Tidus, IIRC). Or you're trying to be funny. Anyhow, I enjoyed X-2, so...
-
Movies you've seen recently
And then Hydra shows up twirling its collective mustache and the dilemma thing is irrelevant.
-
What's on the idiot box... Part 2
AoS - wasn't expecting all of that (figured out some things as the ep went along, but still...wow!) Talk about a "nothing will be the same" episode...
-
Ps3 resolution problem?
I'll be interested in knowing if the 3rd Patch helps with this at all when it hits PSN.
-
Can't trigger 'oh canada'
The XBox 360 Patch 03 is imminent according to the patch notes (its available in STEAM). When it becomes available it should fix the quest trigger for O Canada; hopefully that will solve your issue. http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/65338-patch-notes/
-
Alien Probe on XBOX 360
I thought the 3rd patch for consoles was still forthcoming? Its only live in STEAM at the moment. http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/65338-patch-notes/
-
Grounded, sent to bed, stuck...
Patch 03 is out - http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/65338-patch-notes/ According to the notes it fixes the skipped content when grounding due to being lost in the forest triggering the next day when the first day isn't finished - I'm curious if it solves this issue as well.
-
Stuck at Home not able to go downstairs
Has the 3rd patch helped?
- Canada game breaking bug/glitch
-
Snuke problem (ps3)
Have you tried the 03 patch yet? I'm wondering if the difficulty change helped anything (its out on STEAM, soon for the consoles according to the update -http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/65338-patch-notes/
-
O Canada quest bug
Good news - http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/65338-patch-notes/ According to the notes the 03 Patch is up at STEAM and will be available for consoles soon.