Everything posted by Gorgon
-
Pokémon GO
How is this different than giving money to your chosen charity, without another middleman before the money gets where it is supposed to be.
-
Pokémon GO
How does walking generate money exactly, or growing a beard raise awareness for cancer.
-
Pokémon GO
Can't upgrade my Android to the version it needs unless I load a ROM because Samsung. Not entirely confident about doing that. Anyway I would feel awkward because well, if I'm honest I hated pokemon back when it was a thing. Not a lot of nostalgia factor for me. I think I'll catch a lets play, just so I can feel part of the phenomenon. It feels indistinguishable from going through the bother of actually playing to me these days, and you can say you did, who's gonna know.
-
Baton Rouge Police Shooting
You do kinda wonder at the logic. Do they think this will mean less black youths getting killed by police or more.
-
Baton Rouge Police Shooting
It's not out for the Iphone.
-
Baton Rouge Police Shooting
I dunno. I'm not sure I believe there is systemic racism to the degree postulated by BLM. I detect a certain level of hysterics and hyperbole. The shooting of unarmed black men does seem to happen with alarming regularity though. Maybe it's just that there is a cameraphone recording it every time now. And they are of course entirely within their rights to protest and you can't put the actions of, for lack of a better term, insane people on them.
-
Coup or attempted coup in Turkey
Burning of the Reichstag, who knows.
-
Coup or attempted coup in Turkey
Detaining the president doesn't necessarily work. Remember Chavez. Maybe it's smarter to marginalize him. Besides if you detain the president you are if not admiting to then at least signaling an unlawful coup. In Thailand they just declare martial law and that parliament has been disolved pending elections.
-
Coup or attempted coup in Turkey
A coup usually comes down to psychology. After the shock does the country believe that this is the new normal ? Erdogan doesn't have a lot of friends to call on, just cronies. Still, I am reminded of Venezuela, and of course they do this kind of thing every other year in Thailand and no one ever bats an eye. Calling for people to protest, that doesn't inspire confidence at all. It must mean he is weak.
-
PLEASE OH PLEASE Start a Kickstarter To Take FALLOUT back!
When you try to please everybody you very rarely come up with anything interesting, but it is a success and that unfortunately means no more Fallout RPG in the sense we understand the word. Fallout is basically that band you used to love until they sold out and went all commercial. They had meant and hoped to have wider appeal all along but you don't like them anymore because they aren't true to their roots. I'm off the Fallout train personally, but I'm sure Bethesda is laughing all the way to the bank.
-
Build Thread 2.0
Last IDE started making the death rattle noise a few months ago. Didn't have anywhere to stick all the movies that were on it so I just yanked the cables. I keep telling myself I'm going to clean up my remaining HDDs, it's not like there's anything important on there, just the time it takes to decide what to delete and what to keep.
-
Dallas Sniper Shootings
It's pretty easy to find data that supports your preconcieved notions if you look hard enough and ignore whatever you don't like. If you go cherry picking and you aren't completely candid about it in your argument that was actually grounds for having a paper refused, at least back when I was at Uni. Details matter, don't get your statistics from facebook.
-
Dallas Sniper Shootings
It's Texas, they love a good execution. I don't support the death penalty, I've made that abundantlly clear, but honesly if not this guy then what's it even for.
-
Nvidia unveils the GTX 1060
More like 'sucker's edition' then.
-
Nvidia unveils the GTX 1060
What's FE pricing ?
-
Dallas Sniper Shootings
Not the same as strapping a grenade to a bomb disposal robot.
-
Dallas Sniper Shootings
That was a firebomb, dropped by air, on a house. You know kinda like what Assad does to his enemies.
-
Dallas Sniper Shootings
Another day in Megacity One. Watching all the smartphone coverage is like a bad Michael Mann film.
-
USA, Thank You, Two Days Too Late!
I've been to Florida, your underwear sticks to your crack and you get a thin layer of sweat everywhere. New york, pretty much comperable to Europe. Cold winters, hot summers. Whereabouts is this fabled amazing American weather.
-
USA, Thank You, Two Days Too Late!
Your women log on MMOs looking for military husbands to get citizenship and military benefits off of. Why would you want to go from Sweden to the US. They already have more benifits of every conceivable kind than practically everywhere else.
-
What You Did Today
Took the train 2 hrs and now there's all this sky, and woodland and birds chirping. It's freaking me out.
- HBO Game of Thrones Season 6!
- HBO Game of Thrones Season 6!
-
Should the UK leave the EU?
You mean a golden opportunity to take out some of the trash
- Should the UK leave the EU?