Everything posted by Gorgon
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
The thing with the shop is about collecting from the 17% of users who are 'whales' like in a casino and will spend tons of money on nothings. The thing is there is sortof a stalemate and there are rules to it, you get to offer pointless visual stuff, a gun and a hat, special missions and offering people cheats for money, that's going to leave core fans mad. It's all about the bottom line though, so if pissing people off is going to make you more money then that's what you are going to do. Damaging the brand and the reputating of the publisher, that's hypothetical and 4 years down the line, well 1 if you are Ubisoft.
-
Build Thread 2.0
Just as an experiment I blew up a file well past my 32 gb of ram. It took a long time to process but once it was done simple operations in Photoshop, drawing, selecting, moving selections around, etc. were slow but perfectly servicable, forget about filters and heavy processing though, my CPU is not up to the task. I noticed it created 3 seperate 64 gb temp files on my 512 gb m.2. SSD. Maybe that's an option. Pretty pricey though.
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
Remember back when we thought an NPC pitching DLC content in your camp was a step too far ?
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
Ban you from what ?. This is single player remember. No there's no cheats the game has only been out a day, buut, with the store system you would imagine they have sealed the game files well and good away, which probably means no mods, ever. You could always have a go at the save files with a hex editor. Not sure how much they have done to prevent you from that.
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
Mehh. I can wait, and I definitely don't truck with all this malarkey.
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
I'm pretty sure cheats are fair use. The game is also a bit on the short side. 20 hrs or so if you try to do everything and not very coherently put together. This makes me wonder if they salamied the game into DLCs or independent chapters like Hitman with the intention of collecting as many times as possible.
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
So Deus Ex mankind divided has microtransactions where you can buy praxis kits. If you remember those they are the upgrades for your augmentations. IN THE SINGLE PLAYER CAMPAIGN. **** you Eidos. You are now officially in EA/Ubisoft territory.
-
Build Thread 2.0
Is the I3 really viable for a gaming PC. I thought the point of those was mostly that they didn't draw very much power.
- The US Election 2016, Part V
-
Build Thread 2.0
The markup on anything electronic by resellers is beyond stupid. For an example I bought a refrigerator (for a little over 800 euros) and the price difference between the highest and lowest price was almost 300 euros, they all have the same importer. I even managed to drop the price by 50 euro by calling, after I ordered, to say that I found it cheaper at another place, which means that they are still making sizable profit. When I bought my ultrawide monitor there were 2 versions, one with thunderbolt and the other without. Guess which one was more expensive...the one without the thunderbolt. Why? Because it was a model that came out after the one with thunderbolt. This shows how stupid the price markups are and how little sense they make. They will raise the price to whatever the people are willing to pay, and with electronics it goes to another level... Best bet is to by from the importer if you can or through a reseller without a brick and mortar shop. Umm Amazon, Ebay ? In the EU you pay VAT in the country you order from. I dunno if Greece slapped another tax on electronic goods but it's not the norm. I don't understand how prices could vary by that much between EU countries.
-
Apparently there are things that Russians can do well
I'm kinda curious why you call it 'occupied Crimea' and not 'the Russian federation', slip of the keyboard ?
-
Build Thread 2.0
ohh Well get an external GPU and a middle of the road laptop and free yourself from laptop pricing. It's all the rage. Has anyone seen benchmarks for those. Kinda curious about doing that myself.
-
Build Thread 2.0
Unless you mean cards produced by Nvida, which you probably do.
-
Build Thread 2.0
GTX 1060 is down to to 2200 kr. 350 bucks, give or take. Must have been low availability. So, yeah take a drive to Copenhagen.
-
The US Election 2016, Part V
You have no idea how this works at all. Really. Why don't you enlighten me how the supreme court gets to set asside the constitution. What could really happen is that the state of whatever passes a law requiring more stringent background checks and psychological tests and so on, there is a lawsuit and it ends up in the supreme court. The supreme court gets to enterpret the constitution and you will still have your 2nd ammendment, as well as some sensible gun laws, hypotheticallly speaking.
- The US Election 2016, Part V
- The US Election 2016, Part V
- The US Election 2016, Part V
- The US Election 2016, Part V
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
Human revolution - was that it ?, the next Deus Ex is out in a week. Good RPGs are few and far between these days, so fingers crossed anyway.
-
RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS
Can I nevertheless use this opportunity to state again how ****ty the dialouge wheel is.
- Movies You've Seen Recently Thread
- Movies You've Seen Recently Thread
-
What You Did Today
Best spot in Copenhagen for my money, nothing beats proper italian icecream.
-
What You Did Today
Ben & Jerry's is a horrible icecream. They took chocolate cookies and mushed them into what was probably quite servicable chocolate ice cream at one point and now I have a frozen lump of suggary putty. The nougat one is even worse. How is this a brand.