Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gorgon

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gorgon

  1. I dunno, would it be so terrible if she just kinda sat and nodded like Vito Coleone in godfather 2 while her advisors took care of running the country. You know, like Trump would do. Then she could have a stroke in the whitehouse garden while chasing her grandchildren and die happy.
  2. Aaaspaaaraaaguus ♫
  3. Bruce is your subconscious gay lover ?
  4. The Peter Molineu mindtrick. Best part is it works every time, even when people really should know better from past experience.
  5. I noticed I had a 'Jensen story' somehow, pretty sure I got the regular editon. Tried playing and lost interest immediately. Anyway if it's just that type of standalone chapter, like the DLC from Human revolution, I'm not interested at all. Stop messing with my augs and my inventory every time I have to play a DLC. Take your cue from how far I am in the main story and set the difficulty from that instead. Or make a new hub area and make me care about that. No good reason to remove it from the main story at all except I think it was supposed to have been a pre order bonus. That's not really a good reason either.
  6. The same mission is in the first game, they even ask you what version you are. I mean homage is all well and fine, but more or less doing the same thing ?.
  7. I had chop in the unskippable cutscene after the first mission, after that the odd texture popping, I would open a locker and there would be nothing, then look again and there would be pickups, probably why most of the lockers took you directly to an inventory menu. One time I had a prolonge dialouge with an invisible NPC. Load times were fine for me, I never messed with the settings.
  8. Can't say I've ever read many of the optional books scattered around RPGs. Showing is better than telling, the more you can do with the level design the better. If books are rare I tend to read them, if there are too many I tend to give up on them.
  9. Aren't they already censoring. Anyway your link has Ted Cruz's name in it. I mean I suppose it's possible he might have struck on a worthy cause just by accident, still, Ted Cruz. I guess we can hope for a true extra governmental organisation with respect for free speech in its charter. The bad thing about that is that it would have no public mandate of any kind. No accountability. Think FIFA levels of corruption. I was unable to find a founding document or general mission statement anywhere, but I didn't look very hard. Maybe it doesn't matter if they intend to have no politics one way or the other.
  10. Went to the dentist for the first time in 6 years. One cavity. Expensive fix though, for some reason Danish dentists have us all by the balls. Still, pretty good. Pro tip, don't drink pop and don't put suggar in your coffe/tea. Makes all the difference.
  11. Why does he do the silly character on a podium. It would be better without. Anyway he's always good for a bit of antiestablismentarian pro consumerism.
  12. Big means bland, whether we are talking about the latest Marvel movie, Transformers 41 or Ascreed 61. They are all made by committee with the intent of trying to please as large a demographic as possible and by their very nature are unable to develop into something genuinely interesting or controversial. I'm not saying game developers necessarily attempt to create great art or unique games, just that with the current climate that's impossible for a large production. Now of course all those games play and look much better than anything made 25 years ago, all that money has to go somewhere, and if you are just playing a FPS maybe the rest doesn't matter that much. As for actual RPG games (an RPG is not anything with an inventory and looting) or games with dialouge or all the little creative indie niche games, things are pretty dire. They usually, in the majority anyway, do not have the resources to hold your attention for more than a day or two after you got them.
  13. I was following the development of Procreate and a few similar Ipad apps and they were commenting on there being good reasons for the lack of PSD support, lots of convoluted bloat and stuff only an Adobe engineer would know what to do with and a complete nightmare building a parser for it if they were to believed. If you don't need layers then don't use the native format. You can even have layers and not use PSD although sometimes they don't all export correctly or you have to save each layer individually, which doesn't matter as long as you are done with layer editing of course.
  14. Finished it, it was OK. Yes there was too much hacking and they phoned in the dialouge. A maximum of four options because there are four buttons on the controller keypad, same reason you can only have 4 augs active at the same time. Fallout 4 style, albeit a bit less dumb. One aug is litterally a cheat sheet that allows you to pick the more desireable outcome. As in Fallout 4 a huge disconnect between what you want to say and what you are allowed to. One particularly jarring example was one of the major NPCs complaining that you had killed his men while breaching his lair, and I had been extremely careful not to. After that I stopped caring about lethal force and killed guards left and right, the game didn't seem to care either way. No one commenting on Jensen's trail of bodies. The gunplay was good, sneaking around inbetween short hectic engagements felt good. Exploration was good, the game didn't hold your hand too much or place clues that were too obvious. Loved the last bit of Golem city, died a bunch of times in the escape but I kept finding new approaches. NPCs weren't that engaging, again probably the weak dialouge is to blame.
  15. I see
  16. Yeah but doesn't Photoshop do the same thing with the scratch disks. You would imagine the swap files that contain your currenty open PS files would benifit from fast as well as large. Ideally I suppose you assign one SSD for system virtual memory and one for PS scratch disk. I'm not entirely sure how those interact, you assign RAM to Photoshop, whatever is left over that the system doesn't need, I think I could set mine to 24 gb max, nothing approaching 32 gb or 128 gb anyway, so I don't think you have the totality of your RAM+virtual memory available for Photoshop, not as it relates to PS file sizes anyway.
  17. I saw a test somewheres where they strung four Nvme m.2 together in raid configuration, apparently diminishing returns because of processor limitations and no free slot for a GPU, pretty silly. Still, drool.
  18. How did you swing that. Are you some kind of internet celeb ? On second thought you do kinda seem like the kinda guy who would pimp out his rig for the benchmark sites
  19. Not a spoiler, unless you count the cutscene after the tutorial mission. So I played another 20 mins of DX and there was an explosion and some players were introduced and already I'm already confused as to what their motivation was and why they would want Adam Jensen and his international police organisation which is somehow controlled or at least infiltrated by the Illuminati to witness an arms deal and a sandstorm. There were some guys in golden masks which I assumed must be Januses because of the masks, or maybe that's a person - read 'not Anonimous' - like the hackers with the masks on that show mr Robot maybe ? Then I realise this is the story from the first game, JC Denton worked for Unatco, an international police organisation which was controlled by the Illuminati and well... Come up with an orginal idea FFS.
  20. http://i.imgur.com/nDRt2jv.mp4
  21. Deus ex. Doesn't have proper key rebinding so I can't assign my augs because my middle mouse button doesn't work. Can you shortcut an aug ? - That would work I guess, anyway the HUD item that looks just like a controller keypad is of no use to me and annoys me a great deal. The sound mixing is a bit off, not different from Human revolution I guess but the guns all sound like they have a cold. That's what you want for the silenced weapons, not all of them. Jensen is really annoying. Havent played enough to make any conclusions.
  22. whenever you press escape it's there in the menu. The consensus seems to be that the experience is not degraded if you don't buy cheats, which is good I suppose. I'd worry more about the frame rate drops and the incomplete story. 'it just ends all of a sudden' is a common quote.
  23. Off the top of my head, I feel Silent Hill, WarCraft, Prince of Persia, Tomb Raider, Need For Speed, Doom and Mortal Kombat are better video game adaptations. Nope. The original Resident Evil beats every one of them. That is why they are on number 6. It's embarrassing, really. Milla Jovovich has managed to be better than Jake Gyllenhaal, Angelina Jolie, The Rock, Timothy Olyphant, and all the other people that have taken a hack at a video game movie. She's a goddess. I think a lot of people forget how good the original was. Plus it was a good step ahead of the whole zombie craze that has been going on for the last decade. The first one was ok, then the third one was surprisingly ok, that's the one with the raven scene. There rest is utter tripe. There is nothing to make us engage with her character, she just stands around looking dazed whenever she isn't doing backflips and dual wielding uzis. At least she sortof had an excuse in that she was supposed to have amnesia in the first film from the KO gass in the opening sequence. She has been in genuinely good films, but resident evil.... please.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.