Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gorgon

Moderators
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Gorgon

  1. Crowd funding to write a book. mmm. I dunno, I kinda land on the side that if the book was going to be any good it would find a way to get written.
  2. Hello Oby.
  3. Apple stopped naming theirs after german tanks and went back to numbers didn't they ?
  4. They got spooked when he moved and they should have been able to realise that they held every advantage and that there was time for another play. He wasn't going to run at them faster than a bullet. Missing leadership, experience ?. How do you make that decision in real time? It's not a turn based strategy game. They aren't trained to take shots like that. I'm not defending them either. It looks like a poorly handled situation. To me it doesn't matter whether 1 shot or 48 were fired, they should have tried to de-escalate the situation and they failed. Is this situation better if he's killed by 2 cops instead of 6? How do you make that decision in real time ?. By not getting spooked. Experience, leadership by someone in the group. He's not going to run at them faster than a bullet. There was time for another play besides yelling at him which with the dog and everything obviously had no effect.
  5. Dude there are six cops there. Surely one or two could have attempted a non lethal shot. What's the downside.
  6. Lots of young guys push eachother into talking to women, doesn't appear to matter what it's about or whether it ammounts to anything as long as you did it. I see a lot of men with bad one liners and no plan whatsoever beyond 'I'm the man because I can totally talk to random women on the street'. They need to learn better strategies and acknolwledge that it's not always better that you did it. I think we can assume that the majority don't want to fail or to be received as harassers.
  7. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few..
  8. Just sacrifice a few recruits to go push the button and have the rest of the squad standing by to run back. Easy.
  9. It's like that eveywhere. Offer any kind of colegial utterance in a room full of strangers and they will assume that you are either insane or trying to sell them something. A cheerful lot us humans.
  10. So who is Rosa Parks in this analogy. Gabe ?
  11. Imagine an Xcom RPG though. That's a kickstarter for you.
  12. It seems pretty clear to me that 'I AM GOING TO KILL GABE NEWELL' was an expression of exasperation not a real threat. STEAM probably have a policy they are following, and it makes sense to follow a policy every time if it has to do with death threats , that's kinda the point of having one. It's not unlike that guy who jokingly said 'just a bomb' when airport security asked him if he had anything to declare and then couldn't understand why he ended up on the no fly list. He got punished for being stupid. Nothing to see here, move along.
  13. Does Invisible War actually work. I was never able to complete it. No option for the last research after the capture outsider mission. Were they called outsiders ? the enemy bosses.
  14. I couldn't get into it either. Have 2 hours on that and that's likely how it's going to stay.
  15. Really now.
  16. ^^ Russian girls are hot.
  17. Replace 'always' with 'nearly always' and it's probably true though. I don't know why men are more prone to violence, but history does seem to bear this observation out. Making a list of exceptions does not really disprove the point. And she is troll baiting as usual, this is what she does for a living now, and she's good at it. Got you lot to respond didn't she.
  18. It actually looks a lot like a poster for the reboot of 'Pippi Langstrømpe'. In the vein of.
  19. I don't remember a thing about Arcanum's story. I remember getting stuck or just plain forgetting what I was supposed to do 3/4 of the way done. The journal doesn't hold your hand and there is no objective marker. All fine by the way.
  20. It's what frozen lasange used to taste like, before they ruined it
  21. It's going to suck like all the others.
  22. Well, it's allways going to affect your ability to fire twice if you have say 12 action points. You would be able to burst fire twice every other round. I believe the crit multiplier for assault rifles was 2. something ?. and headshot is 2.0. The aim penalty is also pretty severe. Only really suitable for big targets.
  23. Headshots can't crit, which makes them pointless when you have a very high crit chance at higher level. Only use i ever got of them was if I was almost out of ammo and losing badly or with energy weapons and even then I would usually go for the safer hit.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.