Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Obsidian Forum Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

alanschu

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by alanschu

  1. 20 hours AND doing all the sidequests? I didn't think that was physically possible, considering movement speeds (even with Force Speed on all the time).
  2. Because the game itself is not the same. Why bother with PST, since it doesn't really play any different than Baldur's Gate? Or Fallout 2. Etc.
  3. It has already been stated that his has gone into hiding for whatever reason. It does not eliminate him from the universe, but does not make him the continued focus of the game. Since Revan is so insanely powerful, I do not think it would be possible to have him involved in much of the game and somehow keep the focus on the PC. Furthermore, people will be upset at the fact that this "Revan" will not be playing the game like the Revan they envisioned had. This is why there are some people that would rather keep the appearance of Revan to be small (if any)...not because it would be wierd to someone that didn't play the original. Futhermore, considering the actions that your Revan took on during KOTOR are already being considered heavily, if you actually place the Revan character himself into the main story, a lot of work will have to go into that character. Dialogue trees and simple traits will have to be taken into consideration. No longer was Revan a male LS hero, but he now has to be a combination of Solder/Scout/Scoundrel and Guardian/Sentinel/Consular. He also needs to react appropriately for his past actions...but who's to say what's appropriate? You? Me? Obsidian? In any case, it won't be good enough because he will act in ways that will tick people off. Then there is the voice issue....Revan never really had a voice (apart from the generic barks), so how do you choose a voice for him/her. And since the voice can be either female or male, then you have to pay two different actors to say the exact same lines (unless you have different dialogues for different sex...in which case would still be much more development time on Revan, which cannot help but result in increased focus on Revan during the game). Not having Revan (the character) play a huge role in the game does not ruin continuity. Ignoring his actions and the fallout of those actions would be...but that is not the case. I would think it would disrupt continuity a lot more if Revan acted in ways I did not think he should act in, simply because it is now a developer's interpretation of him, rather than my own.
  4. No one is saying that Revan's actions should not be important. I'm talking about Revan him/herself. A lot of people want to meet him in the game, and some even want him to be an NPC.
  5. Although Revan's fast progression can be easily explained since he had already attained greatness...he just needed to be reminded. Kinda like Jason Bourne in the Bourne Identity.
  6. Exactly. In Jedi Knight II you play as Kyle(Revan) then in Jedi Academy you play as Jaden Korr(new PC). The story in Jedi Academy was terrible but it sort of gives an idea of what KOTOR II could be like. Kyle was in the game played a minor role but it was very nice when he would mention things from his past. But would Jedi Academy (which wasn't all that great to begin with) be any better if the story still focused so much on Kyle? And I wouldn't say that Obi-Wan played a "huge" role in Episode's 5 and 6. He simply was a way of progressing the story, and the fact that they could have done it in a myriad of other different ways illustrates this in my opinion.
  7. The thing is, how much of a large role do you guys truly want Revan to play? Considering Revan was played by millions of different people, whatever path they choose for Revan is bound to piss thousands of people off. Let the wake of his actions be important, but not the man himself. It takes the focus off of you, the main character. No one will want to play a game being merely on the sidelines.
  8. Ah....you don't know how long it took to finish KOTOR. For all you know it took weeks to travel from planet to planet
  9. People take the "last remaining Jedi" at too much of face value. Revan goes into hiding, so the Sith may lose track of him, or for whatever reason assume he is dead from some other previous conflict. Most people thought he was dead in KOTOR 1 but he wasn't. And I'm sure there are still other Jedi out there. Everyone assumed that Vader was the last of their "old religion" in a New Hope, but Obi Wan and Yoda were still around, and it certainly didn't stop them from training other Jedi (Luke).
  10. how so? was Empire Strikes Back just a copy of A New Hope? Many people thought ESB was better than ANH. Depending on how the story is implemented, the fact that a continuation of the old story into the new one doesn't make it just a copy. The thing is, Empire Strikes Back continued to focus around Luke Skywalker. KOTOR 2 focuses around you, not Revan. I think it would be bad design to have the character the game player plays to be a minor character, with no real relevance to the main plot of Revan's.
  11. I agree, especially seeing as Whirlwind would disable a single opponent for longer if I recall.
  12. True, but that doesn't mean that it'll be bad as an RPG, althrough that remains to see. But after seeing the half-an-hour Yahoo movie demo of it, I defintively think the game will be good . I'm just worried by the lack of subtitles so far... Subtitles are often omitted in previews/trailers to give the game a more cinematic feel.
  13. Bloodlines is supposed to have good physics. I think it's the Havoc Physics Engine too.
  14. I'm under the impression that this was quite clear.
  15. The actions of Revan are probably much more important than Revan himself/herself. You would still need to take into consideration the events of the first game. Whether or not the actual character of Revan is involved, is not really required. The questions don't have to indicate whether or not Revan is a large part of the game though....more provides a state of the universe as a result of Revan's actions. And I would bet the focus would be purely on Lightside vs Darkside, since Revan's actions were the same between the two sexes.
  16. I prefer Pearl Jam, U2, Foo Fighters, since we're on the subject
  17. I made it to the 6th level.
  18. Then don't argue with him. As for his points...I tend to agree. It looks cool, and seeing footage from the game is an indication that progress has been done. In an attempt to answer your question Gromnir, I think simply seeing the game in action serves as an indicator of progress in development. They are showing videos now.....and soon we can be doing what they are doing on the screen ourselves.....or something like that......I dunno.
  19. Thing is....it isn't "another" multiplayer question. Some one just brought it back from the dead.
  20. Almost every English person I have ever met has used the word cheers as a goodbye, and I live in Canada
  21. One of the areas in which I always had a problem suspending my disbelief was how each planet had an atmosphere breathable by pretty much every race. Is the tubing on the armor an attempt to change this? Every planet does not have a breathable atmosphere...only the ones that have life on them (which are the only ones that you can visit in the game.
  22. Akari, no one has noticed that sometimes Force Speed stays on when you go to a different map? This was on the PC version, so I don't know what it may be like on the XBOX version.
  23. Heh....I didn't even notice the robes the first time through.
  24. 1. I prefer the original trilogy to the prequel trilogy thus far. 2. I prefer KOTOR's storyline to the prequel storyline thus far. 3. Sure it's possible. Maybe Lucas will finally get things right and make an excellent movie. It's supposed to be a very dark movie, so here's hoping. 4. I would always enjoy more movies of any franchise, as long as they are good movies. Problem is that sequels tend to lose their edge because eventually you run out of new ways to do things.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.