Everything posted by alanschu
-
KOTOR 1 Related
But they keep Bastila's ending open-ended however.
-
KOTOR Riddle
Did any saber crystals add force points?
-
1up's Urquhart Feargus interview
I'm pretty sure that Dark Forces is all about retrieving the Death Star plans for the first Death Star.
-
KOTOR Riddle
You had as much points into Charisma and Wisdom as possible. You supplemented your Wisdom with Qel-Droma robes and that wierd "helmet/mask" thing you get from the beast on Kashyyyk. This gives you +7 to your Wisdom. And you are all the way lightside, so you get the +3 Charisma bonus as well. In the end, you get crazy Force Points as a result from these insane attributes (Charisma and Wisdom probably both past 20). You also did not level up your character (aside from the Endar Spire level up) until you became a Consular. EDIT: You may have the Star Forge Robes instead...which I think also give a bonus to Wisdom.
-
Czerka Corporation
You hear a lot about Czerka corporation in the game, even to the extent that you see blurbs about them in the loading screens. I think Czerka was supposed to have a much larger role in the game, but it probably didn't fit into the scope of the game. I wouldn't mind if Obsidian explored the evilness of Czerka corporation a little bit more.
-
Questions to Dev's - take 3
Which might not be such a bad thing. You can always choose different force powers on a different play through the game.
-
What's with the silence?
With Akari coming in on weekends and whatnot, I would bet that the game is coming along at a frenzied pace right now. They're probably getting pretty close to finishing it up. I know when a big project is close to being finished for me, I generally stay on it as long as possible. Realizing the end is near is a good motivator for me
-
Revan: Male or Female?
I don't think it is so much implied that Revan was a male. I'm sure Bioware was anal about making sure any masculine identifiers would never appear (no he's or him's...only "Revan"). I think any "implication" of Revan being male or female is based entirely on our sociological preconceptions of what type of person would appropriately fit the role that Revan had. If there was a band of uber-powerful Amazon women out there that somehow got a copy of the game that played it, they'd probably assume Revan was a female as males just wouldn't do that sort of stuff.
-
Pleaase Read-Online Play
People make it sound like adding multiplayer support to an engine is like flicking a switch. Scripting issues aside, there has not been any netcode consideration to the creation of the engine. None of us really know how difficult it would be to implement it (and implement it well). If it was truly not a big deal, then there would be no reason for them not to do it. So I can only speculate that it is much more difficult than I would imagine.
-
Hold a sec
Um....if Obsidian is making two games right now, wouldn't that mean that they are making KOTOR 2 and NWN 2? How the heck did you get KOTOR 3 out of that?
-
Stop Posting Here the Game is done
Because they haven't released a lot of the newer stuff for the sake of not spoiling it. Check out the latest issue of PC Gamer. One thing that I can think of right off the top of my head is that they mentioned having parts of the story where the party splits up because it needs to be in two different places at the same time....and the developers acknowledge getting this idea from these forums.
-
Light Sabers MUSY cast a glow
Ugh....we need a smiley restriction or something. No more than 10 by one person per day.
-
Multiplayer or NOT
I would have no problems with a KOTOR co-op multiplayer, but since the engine doesn't support it right now, it'd be way too much work. Maybe for the future, but not now.
-
Apparentices
I think it would not be implausible to not actually kill your apprentice (although I think it should be an option). If he tries to overtake you, and you slap him around like the goof he is and explain to him that he is a weakling compared to you, and that he is too hasty or something like that, it could turn into just another lesson. He would certainly think you are much more badass.
-
Apparentices
Well, I think that you won't necressiary have fight your apparentice if DS. It may depend on various things like how smooth of a talker you are or how much he/she admire/obey you, etc... It's not impossible you might even be able to choose to just subdue him/her and then things go back to "normal"... If you have taught your apprentice well, s/he would not accept your mercy.
-
Apparentices
That was the perfect time! To make her strike him down in anger and hatered! It would have sealed her fate. And you could have then taken her with u on the StarForge if you wanted!!! I'm pretty sure it's situations like this that are making Obsidian allow us to affect our NPC party members. Probably a bit of Mission too....I did convince her that the Hidden Bek's were not worth it.
-
What will Revan's fate be?
I picked "kill Revan" from the beginning in that I don't expect to see much of him. If they could make sense of it, I wouldn't care a whole lot if he died...same with NPCs.
-
Light Sabers "MUST" cast a glow
I don't particularly care for that feature, it'd be neat to see it, but I won't miss it. As for claiming it would be lazy for the developers to not do it, you don't even know how well the engine would support it, nor the difficulty of implementing it. Often if stuff like this isn't implemented from the beginning, it makes things much more difficult later on. I don't think it would be as simple as "ok make it glow." If it was that easy, then it would have been done already.
-
Revan in KotOR2
If Revan is still actively involved in the universe, I'd rather him be on the other side of the galaxy doing his own thing during the conflict. KOTOR 2 is about the story of the new PC during this war between the Sith and the Republic. It's a big enough universe that he could still make a huge impact without ever seeing Revan.
-
Revan in KotOR2
Even if he has a smaller part, people are still gonna get upset at whatever voice is chosen. It also still forces a path upon Revan when many people would not like that. Revan as a mentor? I don't think many people would appreciate that, especially when he probably has better things to do.....and that would be wierd since it has already been stated he has disappeared shortly after the events on the Star Forge. As for the costs of voice talent, I didn't realize you knew how much it cost. Sure they could afford it, but gratuitous(sp?) don't make much sense.
-
Which KOTOR Ending Will Be Used?
I'm pretty sure if you redeemed Juhani, she comes with you no matter what, so I think Darkside ending wise she is kaput no matter what...just a matter of when. As for which ending...as far as I'm concerned the event are based on how you answer a bunch of questions at the beginning, including what path Revan chose.
-
Story or Gameplay?
I agree with Sun Tzu.....you cannot really have one without the other. Gameplay is the means by which you travel through the story, but without the story there is no reason to have any gameplay. Gameplay tends to be a vague term anyways. But I wouldn't play a game with crappy gameplay even with a super sweet story, and vice versa. But if I would prefer decent gameplay with an excellent story than a decent story with fantastic gameplay.
-
Real Time Combat
Dont ever talk about that blight of a game called jedi Power Battles!!! If I could ask one thing it would be that the Episode III game is nothing like Jedi Power Battles. JPB was just too damn hard: getting all the upgrades was a **bleep**, the combos where to hard to pull off, the levels where a pain in the **bleep**. and all the **bleep** jumping **bleep**ed you up. I beat Jedi Power Battles in one day, and the combos were pretty easy to pull off (and looked cool too). I used Qui-Gon the first time, and by the time I reached the end game he had a super sweet 12 or 13 hit combo that was a pleasure to watch everytime.
-
Please make KOTOR 2 longer!
Depends. A great story is a great story. When I played Deus Ex, there were multiple times that I figured the game would be drawing to a close....only to find out that it didn't and it kept going. Considering I absolutely loved that game, I loved playing it for hours and hours.
-
Please make KOTOR 2 longer!
20 hours AND doing all the sidequests? I didn't think that was physically possible, considering movement speeds (even with Force Speed on all the time).