Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What are you playing right now?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
755 replies to this topic

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

So since Far Cry 5 has my attention I decided to get the earlier Far Cry games (at least 1, 2, 3, and 4, although I realize each of them is distinct and not necessarily indicative of how Far Cry 5 may turn out). I started playing some Far Cry 3 today, which has been entertaining.

I'm not able to play much as I am also trying to pack up everything I have to move next week.

Far Cry Blood Dragon is pretty great if your a fan of 80's nostalgia film references like Terminator, Escape From New York, Robocop, etc.

I am happy you skipped Primal because that's really the only "bad" one, in my opinion.

Keyrock

Keyrock

Obsidian Order Rodent Tamer

• Members
  • 6779 posts
  • Steam:Keyrock
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer

I started playing Stellaris.  Right now I'm just doing a throwaway game with a premade race and default settings as a sort of tutorial to try to get past Paradox's famously steep learning curve.  Once I feel I have a grasp of the game mechanics and concepts I'll make my own custom race and do a real playthrough.

• Oner and Chilloutman like this

Belle Sorciere

Belle Sorciere

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

So since Far Cry 5 has my attention I decided to get the earlier Far Cry games (at least 1, 2, 3, and 4, although I realize each of them is distinct and not necessarily indicative of how Far Cry 5 may turn out). I started playing some Far Cry 3 today, which has been entertaining.

I'm not able to play much as I am also trying to pack up everything I have to move next week.

Far Cry Blood Dragon is pretty great if your a fan of 80's nostalgia film references like Terminator, Escape From New York, Robocop, etc.

I am happy you skipped Primal because that's really the only "bad" one, in my opinion.

I got Blood Dragon for free last year because Ubisoft was giving free games away. It's installed on my system but I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks for the recommendation, 'cause I do like those things.

And yeah, I've heard very little good about Primal.

Orogun01

Orogun01

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3572 posts

I liked primal, it was different enough that it breathed some life into what is now a reanimated corpse called Ubisoft. Just the fact that you had to do more stealth than shooting was enough to make it better than FarCry 4. Plus it is thankfully devoid of all SJW propaganda that seems to permeate Ubisoft games lately.

Belle Sorciere

Belle Sorciere

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I liked primal, it was different enough that it breathed some life into what is now a reanimated corpse called Ubisoft. Just the fact that you had to do more stealth than shooting was enough to make it better than FarCry 4. Plus it is thankfully devoid of all SJW propaganda that seems to permeate Ubisoft games lately.

SJW propaganda in Ubisoft games? Awesome - I need to play more of them.

To be fair, I suspect it's actually propaganda in the same way that killing a spider is murder.

Edited by Belle Sorciere, 08 June 2017 - 09:44 PM.

• SonicMage117 likes this

Fenixp

Fenixp

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1920 posts
  • Steam:Fenixp
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

SJW propaganda in Ubisoft games? Awesome - I need to play more of them.

Uuu, play Watch_Dogs 2. I've not noticed any propaganda, but I'm sure it's full of it or ... Something.

But it has a quest where you hack ATMs and decide what do with money of people who are waiting to withdraw.

It also has absolutely amazing digitized version of San Francisco, which is fun. Including Karl.

Oh and it does actually carry a propaganda of "Don't give up control of your lives in exchange for convenience." Y'know it's kinda funny that this particular game is distributed via Steam and Uplay.

Edited by Fenixp, 08 June 2017 - 10:01 PM.

• Raithe, Belle Sorciere and SonicMage117 like this

Belle Sorciere

Belle Sorciere

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Watch_Dogs 2 is definitely on my list.

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3344 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
Is watch dogs 2 good-good or mediocre-good? I played the first one a bit but thought it got boring really fast. Probably didn't played it longer than just a couple of hours.

Edited by Lexx, 08 June 2017 - 11:14 PM.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
Thank God. I never knew that but I guess I'll add that to my list of reasons I'll keep supporting Steam and Uplay til my last dying breath. The more hate they get, the more likely successful they'll be (Paris Hilton Syndrome). As in hindsight, media works as so. As if every game created didn't strike someone's nerve already. But I must confess I'm not an SJW, just like supporting these trypes of things that don't really matter and yet people make it seem like the end of the world.

To be fair, I suspect it's actually propaganda in the same way that killing a spider is murder.

It's only a big deal now because there's a big war between liberals and conservatives. The thing is that these things have always been in games, especially hidden well in games. Now that we have the Internet, there's always a group of people bent on exposing and disecting every inch of a game or movie and even music videos. So everything is found out easier and quicker. In reality, you're right, it's not a huge deal which is why I'll play what people hate as long as I enjoy it. I really smile and continue my support of the games I play and the formats which provide me those experiences. I mean, that's what gaming is really about... fun <3

Oh my... oh dear... Crap... I went far too off topic. Sorry!

Edited by SonicMage117, 08 June 2017 - 11:26 PM.

• Belle Sorciere likes this

Chilloutman

Chilloutman

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1019 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I started playing Stellaris.  Right now I'm just doing a throwaway game with a premade race and default settings as a sort of tutorial to try to get past Paradox's famously steep learning curve.  Once I feel I have a grasp of the game mechanics and concepts I'll make my own custom race and do a real playthrough.

If you like here are few tips for start:

1. minerals are king at beginning
2. use your minerals to build space stations for more minerals
3. use science ship to explore systems in your border range first, than colonisable planets
4. split your fleet and use only single corvet for exploration - that way you will not loose all of them to monsters
5. build buildings only on tiles where you have population, building without population don't produce anything but still cost energy
6. try to hijack systems with good planets using frontier outposts from AI

Fenixp

Fenixp

(12) Mage

• Members
  • 1920 posts
  • Steam:Fenixp
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Is watch dogs 2 good-good or mediocre-good?

I never played the original so it's quite hard to say for me, really. I find Watch_Dogs 2 to be a nice break from usual GTA-like games that tend to be either super serious or completely ridiculous - W_D 2 is rather lighthearted, kind of a 'Adventure of the dude that changed the world' thing. Which is where the game gets into a real clash with its use of firearms - luckily I have not killed anyone so far and you do come equipped with a taser by default. The game also sports fully functional stealth mechanics and two remote drones you can sometimes even use to finish missions without ever entering areas yourself, which is neat. So yeah, if you don't mind the clash, just murder away, if you do, there's (usually) ways to avoid that - the game doesn't really care either way.

Thank God. I never knew that but I guess I'll add that to my list of reasons I'll keep supporting Steam and Uplay til my last dying breath. The more hate they get, the more likely successful they'll be (Paris Hilton Syndrome). As in hindsight, media works as so. As if every game created didn't strike someone's nerve already. But I must confess I'm not an SJW, just like supporting these trypes of things that don't really matter and yet people make it seem like the end of the world.

You also never miss a chance to point that out any time Steam is mentioned in even remotely negative light, of course :-P

Edited by Fenixp, 09 June 2017 - 05:33 AM.

SonicMage117

SonicMage117

(8) Warlock

• Members
  • 1072 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
I'm not afraid to point out that Steam has tons of faults and negatives but looks like on this forum, Steam is hated for petty reasons but yes, there are alot of things that annoy me about Steam, just as much as GoG. Also I hate uPlay as an app and drm but Ubisoft is an amazing company. It's hard to take the the Steam critiques too seriously on this forum when it's just constant bashing but like I said it's petty enough not to be bothered by - I just like to write!

Edited by SonicMage117, 09 June 2017 - 07:18 AM.

marelooke

marelooke

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Steam:marelooke
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Still slogging through XCOM 2, can't put my finger on it but the game just feels worse than the previous one. Assuming I make it to the end I doubt I'll ever replay this one.

They also need to talk to the Mordheim devs about their Random Number Generator, it's seems to suffer from the same issues they fixed in Mordheim (basically: it's not nearly random enough)

Wrath of Dagon

Wrath of Dagon

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 2157 posts

Finally finished Styx: Shards of Darkness.

Spoiler
Also seems like they cut some stuff at the end, or may be the completion percentage doesn't mean what I thought it meant, felt kind of abrupt regardless.

• Labadal likes this

GhostofAnakin

GhostofAnakin

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 10858 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I enjoyed Watch Dogs, but for whatever reason I still haven't had the urge to pick up Watch Dogs 2.

I think a lot of times it comes down to games that I think I'll play multiple times.  The ones that I can envision replaying a few times, I put at the top of my list of games to buy.  The ones that I think I might enjoy, but that I'll only play one time through, I tend to put on the back burner.

Watch Dogs 2 falls into the latter category.

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3344 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I haven't bought new games in quite a while. :D Last one I did was Transport Fever. Other than that, I just keep playing the old stuff... Don't know, most of the recent games simply do not interest me at all. It's either the gameplay, or because everything is forced to be "open world", or because everything is so boring MMO-like, or because I simply don't like the setting.

Flouride

Flouride

Chew Toy of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 1840 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Batman: Arkham Origins from my endless list of games on Steam that I just haven't had time to play through

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. The game can be very rewarding, but most of the time it's just plain cruel and makes me furious and wonder my own sanity since I keep playing the game.

• Labadal likes this

Rosbjerg

Rosbjerg

Global Moderator

• Global Moderators
  • 4927 posts

Still slogging through XCOM 2, can't put my finger on it but the game just feels worse than the previous one. 

Yeah I had the exact same feeling, I progressed about half way through it and never really picked it up again - it just felt like all the elements of the game kinda came together 'wrong'. In many ways the strategic depth of the first game got lost in all the actions and tempo.

There were so many timed events, that I never really felt like I had a chance to utilize level designs. Of course that made sense given the pressure on the organization, but it really killed the fun for me.

Terminator

Terminator

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 39 posts

Well today I did play Pillars of Eternity on Hard difficulty and I won it is finished. I was level 12 when I won on hard and without any expansions. I did like that game very much and rate it 9/10 roughly said.

Edited by Terminator, 11 June 2017 - 09:10 AM.

• redneckdevil likes this

Majek

Majek

Obsidian Order's Whatchamacallit

• Members
  • 2820 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Thimbleweed park. Loving it. Had to turn on the "annoying in jokes" in options because it just wouldn't be right without it. :grin: :grin:

• redneckdevil likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users