Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Josh Sawyer's tweets and teasers

• Please log in to reply
1321 replies to this topic

smjjames

smjjames

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 894 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Except when a drunk fellow chanter is singing silly phrases while you sneak. In that case it's only the cone that matters...

Haha, that reminds me when I was sneaking around in Arcanum. In the middle of the night. Surrounded by huge, shining shield spell. No one saw a thing.

Or even with the consecration spell blasting away since it fires off 5 or 6 times after it's triggered. Things can be silly like that sometimes with things that have visual effects.

Edit: Andrea, while looking in his instagram, I found the in-progress spell retargeting vid that's missing from periscope. https://www.instagra...awyer1975&hl=en

Two images over from the spell stat blocks and tooltips is a quick vid on revised to hit % and arnor pen tooltips: https://www.instagra...awyer1975&hl=en

Edited by smjjames, 07 May 2017 - 07:15 AM.

• AndreaColombo and Wormerine like this

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3572 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Brilliant! Thank you, smjjames. Adding those to the OP :)

• SonicMage117 likes this

injurai

injurai

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1250 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

burning lash looks great

the 3D graphics will finely look comparable to the gorgeous pre-rendered backgrounds, i'm excited!

Wormerine

Wormerine

(6) Magician

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

The spell retargeting looks super helpful. I wonder if it would be possible to simply drag the "fireball" icon, which shows previous spell location. Might a bit more intuitive. 

• Lephys, Silent Winter and injurai like this

Piero

Piero

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 43 posts

A death godlike model in development https://twitter.com/...301375338258432

• AndreaColombo likes this

Doppelschwert

Doppelschwert

Sword Enthusiast of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 988 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

A death godlike model in development https://twitter.com/...301375338258432

Here is the same link, without having to navigate through facebook and twitter first:

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1mnxeVBXbzbKX

• AndreaColombo, darqleo, Piero and 1 other like this

Munky_

Munky_

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I never realized how much I wanted a bird companion for my Ranger until now....

• injurai and Wormerine like this

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 3572 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Added the preview of the Concelhaut's Draining Touch VFX to the OP.

• darqleo likes this

darqleo

darqleo

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I wonder if it gets to fly at some point or rest on Maia's shoulder, it'll get tired of hopping everywhere the party goes.

injurai

injurai

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1250 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I wonder if it gets to fly at some point or rest on Maia's shoulder, it'll get tired of hopping everywhere the party goes.

My guess it will be dependent on movement speed in the end.

smjjames

smjjames

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 894 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I'm hoping so as well.

My guess it will be dependent on movement speed in the end.

Distance rather than movement speed seems like a better method to use, but movement speed would also work.

Edited by smjjames, 09 May 2017 - 10:56 AM.

injurai

injurai

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1250 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I sort of assumed the two where coupled. The animation as a speed up and slow down time depending on how far an entity is commanded to move. Yeah, distance would probably work better since the warm up time is pretty short to keep entities responsive. Just enough to give nice animations really.

Hopping is preferable to WoW's flap in place pet birds.

smjjames

smjjames

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 894 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

I sort of assumed the two where coupled. The animation as a speed up and slow down time depending on how far an entity is commanded to move. Yeah, distance would probably work better since the warm up time is pretty short to keep entities responsive. Just enough to give nice animations really.

Or just about everything that flaps in PoE1.

I wonder what that big abomination thing is that Pallegina is fighting in that new VFX vid. An undead maybe?

Edited by smjjames, 09 May 2017 - 11:14 AM.

blotter

blotter

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 352 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

I wonder what that big abomination thing is that Pallegina is fighting in that new VFX vid. An undead maybe?

It's most likely undead (and probably a drowned variant of a gul or dargul; it's hard to imagine a fampyr letting itself go like that and revenants/lower forms of undead don't really have enough flesh to bloat like that), but they could be mixing it with spore-infested corpses or something like that I guess. Whatever it is, I hope it bursts or deflates satisfyingly when we kill it.

JFSOCC

JFSOCC

Mentor & Student of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 2254 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

that stealth UI video isn't loading for me.

injurai

injurai

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1250 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Or just about everything that flaps in PoE1.

Oh right, I wasn't thinking about enemies when I wrote that. But hover flying while in combat makes a little more sense then doing it while everyone else is just standing around relaxing. Or maybe WoW birds are just that extreme. Never stop training! But I like what Obs is doing.

smjjames

smjjames

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 894 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Loads fine here, maybe it's a browser thing? I'm using Firefox.

injurai

injurai

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1250 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Basically just as you stealth and cross from being out of sight, to still hidden but crossing into an npcs line of sight. The perimeter defining their line of sight appears as a thick white ring on the ground. That way you can know where to move keep out of sight. The typical character specific stealth indicators under the character also flash to show you are starting to be revealed.

• JFSOCC likes this

smjjames

smjjames

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 894 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Basically just as you stealth and cross from being out of sight, to still hidden but crossing into an npcs line of sight. The perimeter defining their line of sight appears as a thick white ring on the ground. That way you can know where to move keep out of sight. The typical character specific stealth indicators under the character also flash to show you are starting to be revealed.

Also, when you mouse over other NPCs while in stealth mode, it'll show their vision cone and hearing range (the thick white ring). Aloth didn't have any skills in stealth, so, it was just showing how the informational interface works. One particularily glaring error (to me anyway) is that one of the NPCs actually has another NPC and a piece of furniture inside their vision cone, which should block (or otherwise have some sort of effect) on the vision cone but doesn't. At least as of that video.

• JFSOCC likes this

injurai

injurai

(9) Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1250 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

Oh so the white circle is their hearing range. Duh! Don't know why I didn't put 2 and 2 together.

Minor grip, I think the white ring is a little too thick. Maybe it's to stand out when there is a lot going on in the scene, but too bold of signifier seems to only add to clutter imo. I know it's a work in progress. Functionality wise the feature is very welcome.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

Juodas Varnas