I like heavy metal but I really don't listen to it. But I love when things are themed after it. Like Mad Max Fury Road or Doom.

I doubt we'll see any heavy metal in Eora. Maybe we'll get some 1st wave ska steel drum dubbed out vibes in Deadfire...

Maybe we'll see some gamelan?

Let's hope so! :D

• Like 1

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden

I like heavy metal but I really don't listen to it. But I love when things are themed after it. Like Mad Max Fury Road or Doom.

I doubt we'll see any heavy metal in Eora. Maybe we'll get some 1st wave ska steel drum dubbed out vibes in Deadfire...

This is really really cool, thanks!

• Like 1

There will be a Black Flag cover band called Obsidian Banner.

• Like 3

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

This is really really cool, thanks!

Glad you enjoyed! That album, Golden Rain, is really good, worth checking out. Also worth looking for in terms of more modern gamelan-style stuff is Geinoh Yamashirogumi, the guys who did the soundtrack for Akira. This is simply superb:

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I've heard of those guys. Fun fact. The vocalism in that iconic bali inspired song is actually Bulgarian in origin.

I assume you mean on "Mutation"? They did incorporate elements from a bunch of regions and styles, even going as far as mixing all of the above with disco music. They were one of a kind, really!

• Like 1

There will be a Black Flag cover band called Obsidian Banner.

That would be funny - but I hope you don't imply that Black Flag is Heavy Metal. :)

Of course not, the closest they got was with Slip it in but that'd be a very big stretch to consider that metal. I'd say a Corpse Eater Howler called Corpsegrinder would be closer to a metal cameo in PoE, and I'm gonna do it if Obsidian doesn't.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Something new! Actual credit for spotting it goes to Quillon though.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVDjIuJlZiE/?taken-by=jesawyer1975

Looks like it's the particle effect fade suggestion talked about on the PoE2 suggestion thread, not to mention showing off new particle effects for the fireball spell: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/92423-poe-2-suggestions/page-5

Edited by smjjames
  • Like 5

And we're even getting a slider to set the opacity we want effects to have while the game is paused. Obsidian's really setting the bar high with Deadfire!

• Like 5

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

What's that? Amulet plus cloak? Two belts? One of those might be the trinket, but there still is either two belts or two neck items.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Amulet + Cloak was confirmed by Josh on his Tumblr a while ago so that's definitely a thing (and a welcome thing at that.)

• Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Amulet + Cloak was confirmed by Josh on his Tumblr a while ago so that's definitely a thing (and a welcome thing at that.)

Great! I hope there are still amulets and cloaks with spell bindings (like Amulet of Summer Solstice and Shimmering Cloak). :)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

And here's a screen shot of scale mail with a frog helm:

https://twitter.com/jesawyer/status/872927667661582336/photo/1

As a side note, I really like the model of that axe.

Kind of looks like it's an exceptional quality axe as the model is similar. Could be an unique axe since some of the unique axes use the same or similar model.

Also, they really need to add some sort of strap that connects it to the belt or whatever, because as it is, it just looks like it's magnetized or otherwise just glued to the side. There's no logical support for it to hang off of.

Oh, and, evidently we can now 'holster' the weapon while in the character/inventory screen rather than just hold it all the time. Though the holstered weapon is new for PoE2.

Edited by smjjames

The character is wearing a cloak, but it's not visible. Either it's not programmed in yet, or they've added an option to hide cloaks. Which is welcome.

You can see the curve at the bottom (between the legs) and a little bit of cloth hanging right next to the right leg (the characters left leg, by the knee).

Finally, there's some darkening in the space between the arm and the torso, which I think is the cloak as well (meaning, the cloak is tighter to the body, and there's no clipping).

If I recall correctly I think there was an option to hide some aspects? (I think it was specifically "Hide Helmet" function though, and you'd be able to do it instantly in the Inventory UI).

EDIT: I think the "Eyeball" symbol above both Helmet and Cloak is "Hide" function.

Edited by Osvir