Brainstorming: Obsidian + Next IP

ruzen

Which ones would you choose? (for a new game)  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Setting

• Classic/Magic/Sword
    • Pirate
    • Western
    • Steampunk
    • WW2
    • Cyberpunk
    • Alien Invation
    • Crusades
    • Vampires
    • Gangsters

I'd also accept a prison rpg.

OZ, the game.

Could be interesting actually. Lots of "factions" of different morals and goals, narrative and reactivity heavy, controversial topics, lots of potential for different skills and stats beyond just combat.

I'd pledge a few bucks for that.

A prison or just general underworld/crime RPG would be a breath of fresh air for sure, and it has potential. I'm  not sure it'd work in practice though — I love AP to bits but it wasn't as well received as I'd have liked.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

pillars of eternity 4, set 1000 years after 3, where cyber enhanced orlans, with the use of interdimensional travel, try to save earth during alternate history WW2, where goth vampire elfs are collaborating with Hitler and leading crusade against humanity.

Have they finally figured out Healing in this fantastical future? laughing.gif

Riftwar Saga or Wheel of Time would be my votes, but since those weren't choices and they probably wont happen in my lifetime anyway, Ill vote Steampunk.

Have they finally figured out Healing in this fantastical future? laughing.gif

Riftwar Saga or Wheel of Time would be my votes, but since those weren't choices and they probably wont happen in my lifetime anyway, Ill vote Steampunk.

in 2 they have morphine that is quite expensive and can be used once per rest on each member of the party (while suplies last). it restores 20% of your hp (based on max).

in 3 there is morphine (cheap now) and also regenerative nanomachines. morphine is the same as in 2, the nanomachines are a huge invesment and they give a passive bonus: they restore 1hp/minute up to 50% of you max and 2sp/10s 

in 4 the morphine is no more but they have the nanomachines (cheaper) and a hypospray that can boost the nanomachines to heal at a rate of 1hp and 4stamina/10s increasing the healing thresshold to 70% of your max. the spray can be used any number ot times but if used more than once per rest it can cause an adiction that makes the healing interval 25s and halves your highest attribute when you dont use the spray

from 2 there is also a priest spell that heals 10% of your hp in exchange for reducing your max stamina by 10% (if used at max hp. it raises max hp by 10% as temporary hit points like the aid spell from DnD). the original values are restored on rest

The words freedom and liberty, are diminishing the true meaning of the abstract concept they try to explain. The true nature of freedom is such, that the human mind is unable to comprehend it, so we make a cage and name it freedom in order to give a tangible meaning to what we dont understand, just as our ancestors made gods like Thor or Zeus to explain thunder.

-Teknoman2-

What? You thought it was a quote from some well known wise guy from the past?

Stupidity leads to willful ignorance - willful ignorance leads to hope - hope leads to sex - and that is how a new generation of fools is born!

We are hardcore role players... When we go to bed with a girl, we roll a D20 to see if we hit the target and a D6 to see how much penetration damage we did.

Modern democracy is: the sheep voting for which dog will be the shepherd's right hand.

I still want my new world fantasy colonial management RPG. Combine open-world exploration with competing colonial interests with rival powers, and natives with magic.

• Like 1
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Spess Mahreen 2: Mark of the Betrayer

Eh, more like... Inquisition Protocol if I have to make any comparisons. :D

With more options of conversations though. And more player/character separation...

I'd also like to see if they can do interrogations well, that'd be cool.

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Alien invitation to dinner?

I'm bored out of my mind with cyberpunk/steampunk/post apocalyptic/medieval fantasy and to a lesser extent, sci fi.

A real western rpg, without the steampunk stuff, would be interesting, but in reality hardly feasible. Setting would be a mix between Leone and early American western. Perhaps the main story would be a big cowboy vs indian conflict where you help shape the future of the people but not so much in being able to prevent the oncoming government stranglehold on the land. 

Then, of course, a vampire game in modern day with real world locations like VTMB would be very, very welcomed and an easier sell than a western.

Traditional western or modern vampire. Make it happen... pfft, yeah right. Post-acrapolyptic/medieval it is...

• Like 1

I could go for a Steampunk Pirate RPG. Sky pirates with airships and such.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'll go with any ideas here writen even the weird onces but I'm tired too with magic/sword/ Tolkien...

What I would like to see (specially) pirate or gangster. If PoE gains success with the sales also with expantion I hope they wont do a sequel of PoE why just waste It instantly? Just do isometric/rpg "sequel" There are allready coming some rpgs ( lots of magic, 2 cyberpunk...perhaps fallout4?!) just, go for different approach.

Also about going on fps/tps... Vampire The Masqurade: Bloodlines was a preaty epic (ofc with the unofficial patches) Personnally I think That rpg (not whole serries) was better than Icewinddale serries. If It done right It could done any genera.

Kana - "Sorry. It seems I'm not very good at raising spirits." Kana winces. "That was unintentional."