How about that Diablo, I heard it's good.

But seriously, given that this is primarily a SP game and there is no party creation, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Say no to popamole!

This should be merged....

Meh, the issue is closed.

Obsidian already said they're not doing MP/co-op (interview).

MAC: Obsidian has been hit hard in the past by having games released before they seemed as polished as they needed to be technically. How does having crowd-funding over publisher-funding change the way you'll plan to tackle QA down the line?

TC: The biggest change is that we will decide on each and every feature in the game, and we can avoid the ones that add little to the game's content but a lot to its complexity. For example, we are not supporting consoles or multiplayer, both of which make the game far more complex and hard to debug. Instead, we are focusing on making the best single-player PC RPG we can make, and that focus is simplifying a lot of our choices.

You can also read Bobby Null's explanation that, except with a "very large amount of money," you can't have good MP and good SP together, and trying for good MP requires concessions on SP.

Edited by Ieo

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

i played BG2 multiplayer one time and the random guy i played with was so damn angry at life and everything in it that he scared the sh1t out of me...didn't even make it out of Irenicus's dunegon.

i'm cool with no mp.

Edited by NerdBoner

I know the devs said no co-op, but I advocate at the least giving us the ability to create our own party like Icewind Dale. That really shouldn't be all that difficult to implement and gives players a chance to explore different character types at the same time.

• Like 1

Co-op in Baldur's Gate could be amazing, especially if you were playing with friends. It added a lot of replayability for me.

However, if MP were to ever come, I would always want it to be an after thought - PE is pitched as a hardcore, old-school RPG, and I backed it as such. If it ends up being watered down because they decided to add in MP and had to dliute other components as a result, I would be very disappointed.

• Like 1

Met my wife playing DnD at a friends house. Would be nice to play with her.

AWWWWwwww nerd love <3

I'm trying to get baldur's gate trilogy working for me and my lass - I'm right there with ya.

• Like 3

Met my wife playing DnD at a friends house. Would be nice to play with her.

AWWWWwwww nerd love <3

I'm trying to get baldur's gate trilogy working for me and my lass - I'm right there with ya.

Multiplayer is a little buggy with BGT, you need to use Windowed mode when creating a session (in the menu's), when you are in the actual game you can turn into Full Screen (I think it's something like alt+enter as a hotkey to switch). I also want to suggest Game Ranger. Widescreen mod does not have support for multiplayer.

EDIT: Also <3

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 1

Success!

We ran the fix and text patches for both games, installed BGT, installed BG1 unfinished business, then the BG1 NPC pack, then BG2 Unfinished business, the banter pack, the 1pp graphics upgrade, and the widescreen mod and are playing the game through gameranger :D

Nothing like having a blast on a great CRPG with a cute little lady by your side. This is how gaming was meant to be.

Edited by Hypevosa
  • Like 1

Yes, correct. What Hypevosa said. You just need 2 computers and an internet connection. If you want mods there are several places to check out (Spellhold Studios, The Sorceror's Place, Gibberling3 and others). The easiest method in my opinion, is to find the latest version of the "BiG World Setup". It manages pretty much the process of downloading and installing mods for you (I've got about 20 GB's worth of mods, all from a simple item to quests, NPC's, areas, monsters, AI improvements, world map and BGT of course).

How did you get the Widescreen mod to work with multiplayer? :o

What OS are you on? (I'm on Win 7, known for it's issues with Widescreen+Multiplayer)

I'm windows 7, and what you do with the widescreen mod is make it so the settings you make are smaller than your full screen size. My screen is 1366 x 768, so my widescreen mod is set 1360 x 768 and I play in windowed mode.

• Like 1

I hope there will be a co-op options for me and my friends to play Eternity together ?.

I don't mind the addition of co-op but what i don't want to see is any parts of the game where it feels like it was designed specifically for co-op. I will be playing solo so I don't want it to feel like Dead island where solo play was an afterthought.

• Like 1

(1) Some of my best memories are playing coop in nwn, bg, bg2. I'd be very dissapointed if it was overlooked. (2) IMO it would defeat the purpose of calling this game a cRPG and not having coop. Since all of the classics had coop.

(1) Be duly disappointed since it's official. See sig. There's still time to remove your backing.

(2) Not all of them. Not the best one. *cough* Sig poll.

P.S.: To everyone saying that there's no point to a single-player game---it's okay to take your ball and leave. PE won't be worse off for it. PE is not for you.

The KS Collector's Edition does not include the Collector's Book.

Which game hook brought you to Project Eternity and interests you the most?

PE will not have co-op/multiplayer, console, or tablet support (sources): [0] [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7]

Write your own romance mods because there won't be any in PE.

"But what is an evil? Is it like water or like a hedgehog or night or lumpy?" -(Digger)

"Most o' you wanderers are but a quarter moon away from lunacy at the best o' times." -Alvanhendar (Baldur's Gate 1)

Some of my best memories are playing coop in nwn, bg, bg2. I'd be very dissapointed if it was overlooked. IMO it would defeat the purpose of calling this game a cRPG and not having coop. Since all of the classics had coop.

Save time and be disappointed now!

In the context of the dev quote from earlier, there is zero difference between "multi-player" and "Co-Op". The both involve designing & testing a set of modules that exchange data over a network connection, dealing with re-synchronization efforts between servers, providing a UI to establish / break / maintain a connection, and dealing with wide range of other issues (for example, if A leaves the map while B is in a dialog, what happens? No matter what you choose, you have to test to verify it works as expected -- you don't have to worry about testing this scenario is you only support single player).

So... Yeah, this thread really is irrelevant, I'm afraid. On the plus side, creating your own party is in as a stretch goal (see "Adventurer's Guild"), but that's about the most you can hope for.

Some of my best memories are playing coop in nwn, bg, bg2. I'd be very dissapointed if it was overlooked. IMO it would defeat the purpose of calling this game a cRPG and not having coop. Since all of the classics had coop.

Planescape: Torment? Great game.

Yes, if they do reach the Adventure Hall level, then it's not a big leap to a co-op mode. But they would need the budget for it, which may not happen during the first release. Maybe they can do it as a post-release add-on, once the economics permit it?

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

(1) Some of my best memories are playing coop in nwn, bg, bg2. I'd be very dissapointed if it was overlooked. (2) IMO it would defeat the purpose of calling this game a cRPG and not having coop. Since all of the classics had coop.

(1) Be duly disappointed since it's official. See sig. There's still time to remove your backing.

(2) Not all of them. Not the best one. *cough* Sig poll.

P.S.: To everyone saying that there's no point to a single-player game---it's okay to take your ball and leave. PE won't be worse off for it. PE is not for you.

Ok i'm assuming your a pledger like myself. You want the game to suceed. So you go on Obsidians forums advocating other members to remove their pledges? I like COOP. Others like COOP. Were asking for COOP. I haven't read a single post stating that they will remove their pledges if they don't get it. So stop trolling.

P.S. I didn't say anything about single player being pointless.

Edited by Malkaven

It is like someone in her do not understand what I wanted in the first place. I am not talkin damn MMO... I was talking classic single player rpg with the co-op option like in Baldurs Gate and Newerwinter knights. Not Guild wars not WOW not what ever. I was not talking about changing the gameplay I love form the old Black Isle times..... just wanted to get the options to replace one mabe to companions with friends in later walkthroughs.

The gameplay did not change in Baldurs Gate or Neverwinter Knights just a bit less companions.

Edited by jbmborg77

Ok i'm assuming your a pledger like myself. You want the game to succeed. So you go on Obsidian's forums advocating other members to remove their pledges? I like COOP. Others like COOP. Were asking for COOP. I haven't read a single post stating that they will remove their pledges if they don't get it. So stop trolling.

I think the sentiment here is "Since this is a conclusively closed issue, you should stop posting / complaining about the lack of co-op play. You now know for certain that it won't be included, so... If you can't accept that, you should revoke your pledge while you still have a chance to do so." This is a reasonable sentiment -- there are certain features that, if excluded from the game, would make me revoke my pledge, and I'd prefer that Obsidian close out some of the long running debates on this forum (romance in particular) prior to the end of the funding people so that people can make an informed decision before their pledges are final.

• Like 2