The Royal Wedding...tomorrow

BruceVC

https://www.yahoo.com/news/royal-wedding-2018-time-details-061347314.html

So who else is planning on watching this grand day of pomp and ceremony?

I plan to watch most of it...besides its hard to imagine Meghan Markle looking more beautiful than she normally does  :wub:  :wub:

• Like 3

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

jesus, someone really care? :/

• Like 2

I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think, I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech, and freedom of choice. I'm the kinda guy that likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder, "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecue ribs with the side-order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol! I wanna eat bacon, and butter, and buckets of cheese, okay?! I wanna smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section! I wanna run naked through the street, with green Jell-O all over my body, reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly may feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiene"

jesus, someone really care? :/

:biggrin:

Its epic my son, its huge. Never forget the important role British Monarchy play in the UK 

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I bet the queen will survive even Morrissey. Would be funny.

I'm 97% convinced that if a tactical nuclear strike were to hit England tomorrow, the only thing left standing would be Elizabeth II in a hat.

Lord help me I will never understand the fascination with this beyond the shores of GB. OK, I really don't get why the British are so fascinated with them either. They (the royals) are sort of like national pets. You know who everything your dog, cats, etc does is cute in your eyes? "Awww she's sleeping. She's playing with a toy". Like how a lot of Americans are with the Kardashians. Only they are more like a pet tarantula or snake than a dog or cat. Yes, they are yours but there is a definite creepiness about them too. 

Hey, the Princes all served in the the military. No Kardashian has ever done anything like that..

• Like 1

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

From MW2 Total War

chap0802.jpg

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I plan on avoiding television tomorrow, personally.  And news programs for the next few days. 

I've seen more about the royal weddings in various networks (HBO? Seriously? Are they going to reveal that they're all Westworld Robots or something?) than I wanted to see of the royal wedding and it ain't even happened yet.

• Like 1

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

HBO? Seriously? Are they going to reveal that they're all Westworld Robots or something?

Yes.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Okay, so the British Prince is marrying a woman named Megan? Didn't he just have a kid with another woman?

Wasn't that his brother?

Yes that was Prince William married to Kate, they have 3 children now...cute little tykes 

John Milton 

Eh, we all have our weird fantasy stuff we are into, I suppose.

Except this isnt fantasy, this is about the history of the UK and the UK Monarchy.

Its very relevant and real to the UK    :geek:

John Milton 

Except this isnt fantasy, this is about the history of the UK and the UK Monarchy.

Other than the entertainment factor, how is it relevant and real for anyone that is not a part of the royal family? 

Other than the entertainment factor, how is it relevant and real for anyone that is not a part of the royal family? 

Are you asking me what the UK Monarchy does for the UK because this wedding is a part of that for  a number of reasons 

Here  are a number of reasons why this wedding matters

http://time.com/5037634/meghan-markle-engagement-prince-harry-groundbreaking/

Edited by BruceVC

John Milton 

Speaking as a native of the UK - No.

Would rather stab myself repeatedly in the gonads with a stanley knife than endure watching it.

Nothing against the royals but neither am I any fan of theirs.

Edited by Androoh

I got my invite but couldn't make it because of work

Well a lot of regular folk did get an invite due to their charity work, which is neat of them.  It's a big deal for the CBC here, my mom and sister will probably have it on the TV but not a big deal - they have to put up with me watching the World Cup for example :lol:

• Like 1

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I got my invite but couldn't make it because of work

Well a lot of regular folk did get an invite due to their charity work, which is neat of them.  It's a big deal for the CBC here, my mom and sister will probably have it on the TV but not a big deal - they have to put up with me watching the World Cup for example :lol:

Very true, check this out 

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-43254174

John Milton 

I remember when Charles and Diana got hitched and it was SUCH a big deal in the US. I was an early teen then or something. I didn't care then, I care even less now. I'll never understand the fascination with such. It's a wedding, not Disney animation.

...marriage and then 15 years later, possible Royal Divorce. hardeharhar.

I didn't care when Brad and Angelina got together either (that's kinda like "royalty" in US terms - Hollywood couples, meh). Not like any of them are my friends. :disguise:

Edited by LadyCrimson
  • Like 1
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts