Romance & Companions wishes (NON-SPOILERS)

I just wish my pal, Gina, could be romanced. Bird people are cool. That’s all. It’s fine that she’s not, I still like her character.

Weeell... we still don't know for sure she hasn't got a cloaca, right? I guess Hiravias never found out.

• Like 3

Vampyr mad scientist with librarian glasses what what

I just wish my pal, Gina, could be romanced.

I shouldn't like that pun but I do. I like it so much.

Is there anybody you’d like to see a possible romance with?

Grieving Mother.

Something about the pale skin, thousand-yard stare and mass-murder via mind control that really does it for me.

You have a thing for that weird peasant woman who follows us around? Really? What was even her name again

(I'm not gonna lie though I can dig it)

• Like 4

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

From all the characters Pallegina is the only one I could imagine my Watcher falling for. But I imagine it is precisely because she is not a romance type person.

I might get conspiracy theory’sh here, but isn’t it curious that two companions who aren’t romancable are Pallegina (written by game director) and Eder (written by PoE1 narrative director). Just as if romances shouldn’t be part of the game? [if it wasn’t clear enough: I really dislike romances in Deadfire, and I am desperately looking for a justification to my feelings]

• Like 4

I might get conspiracy theory’sh here, but isn’t it curious that two companions who aren’t romancable are Pallegina (written by game director) and Eder (written by PoE1 narrative director). Just as if romances shouldn’t be part of the game? [if it wasn’t clear enough: I really dislike romances in Deadfire, and I am desperately looking for a justification to my feelings]

If you want more conspiracy fodder:

Pallegina was written by Josh Sawyer.

Eder had been written by Eric Fenstermaker, and then taken over by Josh Sawyer for the sequel. They're both credited as his writers for Deadfire.

Neither character ends up being romanceable.

*flies away*

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 2

I just wish my pal, Gina, could be romanced. Bird people are cool. That’s all. It’s fine that she’s not, I still like her character.

Is there anybody you’d like to see a possible romance with? Please state below in a civil manner, friends.

The god-like can't bear children, so perhaps their libido is diminished?

• Like 1

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Eder had been written by Eric Fenstermaker, and then taken over by Josh Sawyer for the sequel. They're both credited as his writers for Deadfire.

Wasn’t Eric contracted to write Eder for Deadfire? I remember that being the thing.
  • Like 1

Is there anybody you’d like to see a possible romance with? Please state below in a civil manner, friends.

The god-like can't bear children, so perhaps their libido is diminished?

Counterpoint: Tekehu. lol

• Like 4

Wasn’t Eric contracted to write Eder for Deadfire? I remember that being the thing.

Well, I double-checked the details, and you're right. In the end, Josh's work on Eder seems to be less "taken over" and more "filled in the gaps".

Source:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3807509&pagenumber=426&perpage=40#post481977007

• Like 1

Well, it's my own darn fault for visiting this forum before playing the game but does this not qualify as a spoiler ?   

A suggestion for a spoiler free thread name:" Wish X could be romanced".   since were in " Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)"

Not that it was unexpected that Sawyers waifu would be offlimits to us lesser men     :cat:

Not that it was unexpected that Sawyers waifu would be offlimits to us lesser men     :cat:

All jokes aside, I don't think her backstory and job description mesh particularly well with romance.

• Like 1

All jokes aside, I don't think her backstory and job description mesh particularly well with romance.

Considering her temperament, it may have ended up a bit too similar to this one:

mefisto: 'Please assume the position'

Edited by Taevyr
  • Like 1

Well, it's my own darn fault for visiting this forum before playing the game but does this not qualify as a spoiler ?

A suggestion for a spoiler free thread name:" Wish X could be romanced". since were in "Deadfire General Discussion (NO SPOILERS)"

Not that it was unexpected that Sawyers waifu would be offlimits to us lesser men :cat:

I was debating whether I should put it here, but I don’t really think it spoils anything that happens to her in this game. If it does bother enough people, I’ll ask for it to be moved, though.

Also ill change the title for you

Edited by anathanielh
  • Like 1

If avariel, romance and sewers mesh, I don't see why a knight getting smitten would not.  :cat: