nfl 2018-2019

Gromnir

Apparently, it is now illegal to tackle the QB. Clay Matthews, several times this season, and now Tyrone Crawford have been flagged for what can only be described as textbook, exactly how you teach it tackles of opposing QBs. Nothing dirty, not late, not purposely driving the guy into the ground, not leading with the helmet, just perfect form tackles. But you are not allowed to tackle the QB any more, at all, I guess... Unless the QB is Cam Newton, in which case, go hog wild, pick him up and powerbomb him, go helmet to helmet, it's all legal.

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 3

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Back in '07-ish Ray Lewis said of Tom Brady, "Put a bell on him." I agree with many of the rule changes concerning hitting the QB (being in a throwing position isn't the same as bracing for a hit) but we are now at a point that as long as he stays in the pocket, the QB isn't really playing tackle football but everyone else is still subject to tackle rules.

Edited by the_dog_days
  • Like 1

Well, it's official, the 2018-2019 NFL season is now 99.8% less handsome as Jimmy GQ is done for the year. :(

Totally agree.

Mo Wilkerson and William Hayes are gone for the season too. The injuries are starting to pile up.

But what about them Buccs? Should they start Fitzmagic or Winston?

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Ah, exactly to plan, Trubisky has thrown for 5 TD's in the first half.  :blink:

winston replace fitzpatrick were exact part o' the plan as well?  isn't as if winston could play safety, corner and lb for tb.  two sacks and two ints later, winston did not seem to be the solution.  

am feeling a bit bad for gruden.  every time mack has a big game (which has been every game so far) folks question how gruden and the raiders coulda' let him go.  mack had one sack, caused one o' the winston interceptions and were drawing double-teams all day. unfortunate for the raiders, after they paid carr, they simple didn't have the money to pay mack what he wanted.   if anybody is to blame for mack leaving the raiders, it is aaron donald.   donald's contract were a death knell for mack in a raider uni.  

too bad 'bout eifert getting hurt again. looked ugly.

pleasant surprise: colts and texans game has ended up being amazing.  andrew luck appeared overwhelmed in the first half... ends up with 389 and 4tds.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Packers looked good on defense yesterday, but I figure it's because of a poor Bills O-line. Will be smacked back to reality soon enough.

Rodgers pissed about Mike McCarthy though. So that can end up in a very bad way along the road, if the offense doesn't pick up soon.

Giants in their 2 yard passes are HILARIOUS. They're so worried about pass % and not worried about being effective. LMAO

And, Giants D sure love to have  WTF plays to ruin otherwise good playing.

That game was WTH with so many things going against them. LMAO

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Patrick Mahomes II is the most fun to watch player I've seen enter the league in many years. I want to have his baby and I'm not even a Chief's fan.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm watching Eli Manning and Cam Newton taking turns trying to give the game away.

Edit: Riverboat Ron with the big cajones play call on 4th and 1 in the 4th.  :w00t:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

The Giants made a big blunder not drafting a QB this year. Truly.

Agreed. Eli is finished.

/hides from Volo :ninja:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Giatnts are wussies. They ned to go for big plays. Eli has a pretty solid QB rating, has a high pass % but that isn't how he is built. He needs to go for the long bomb. That is when he is at his best. These 2 yard passes are ridiculous. Eli can still play but this  cowardly style is wrong.

Giants and Eli are playing not to lose. They should be playing to win.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Damn, muh Boys took the Jags out to the woodshed in the first half. I'm not going to call this game over, because if anyone can blow a 24 point lead it's the Cowboys, but, on the other hand, the QB on the other side is Blake Bortles. :p

Edit: The Cowboys looked like an actually competent professional football team today. Who knew they had it in them? I'm not fooled though. I'm fully prepared for them to **** the bed next game. :p

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Damn, muh Boys took the Jags out to the woodshed in the first half. I'm not going to call this game over, because if anyone can blow a 24 point lead it's the Cowboys, but, on the other hand, the QB on the other side is Blake Bortles. :p

Edit: The Cowboys looked like an actually competent professional football team today. Who knew they had it in them? I'm not fooled though. I'm fully prepared for them to **** the bed next game. :p

To me this seems to be the deal of the season; any team, however piss poor they seem to be, can beat the other team. I know the "any given Sunday" but this year seems to really be the case.

And the exception, to confirm the rule, are the LA Rams of course.