nfl 2018-2019

Gromnir

Looks like the Cowboys are making the playoffs after all.

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

In my dreams, I am not crippled. In my dreams, I dance.

Aww yeah! Muh Boys are effectively 3 games up (since we hold all the tie breakers) with 3 to play. 1 win or 1 loss by both the Iggles and Skins and we win the division.

tenor.gif

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I suppose its only fair for me to take my lumps and formally apologize to Mr. Cooper for referring to him as a "failceiver". Also, Mr. Jones is a savant for executing the trade and I shall never doubt his wisdom again. :lol:

Couldn't agree more. Just never saw that one coming at all.

Just goes to show though, what happens in the beginning of the season has nothing to do with how things look in december.

Oh, and the Dolphin turd placed on the Pats was epic.

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

Classic letdown game for muh Boys. We're riding high on a 5 game win strek.  We just got a big win against a division rival.  All the media "experts" are sucking our ****s.  Naturally, we **** the bed.  :lol:

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Though the worst case scenario happened today - Steelers just won the division, and the Ravens, Titans, and Colts all won today, which makes it virtually impossible. The Titans and Colts play each other still, which means you actually need them to tie with each other among a host of other things for you to play a wildcard (namely, them losing their other games and you winning out). But yes, not mathematically eliminated! Better than the Packers can say - I imagine it's been some time since the last time that the Packers were eliminated before the Browns, :p.

(e): Correction - Steelers haven't yet won the division, but rather guaranteed that they won it over the Browns (and the Bengals).

Edited by Bartimaeus

How I have existed fills me with horror. For I have failed in everything - spelling, arithmetic, riding, tennis, golf; dancing, singing, acting; wife, mistress, whore, friend. Even cooking. And I do not excuse myself with the usual escape of 'not trying'. I tried with all my heart.

Better than the Packers can say - I imagine it's been some time since the last time that the Packers were eliminated before the Browns, :p.

Thanks for reminding me. :p

Can't wait for the scouting combine...

am s'posing only good news for packers is they will be able to choose proverbial "best player available" regardless o' position.  so many needs.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2019charlie.php

a decent free site to prepare you for the draft... though am thinking the first step is getting aaron rodgers through the final two games w/o a serious injury.  am understanding why ar wants to play final games, but am thinking somebody in the organization should earn their money and tell their qb, who pulled his groin during the most recent bears game, to sit his arse down and let kizer get a couple o' games worth o' experience. 

am equal curious as to what happens with clay matthews.  4.5 sack season for a 33-year-old pass rusher.  packers might ask for a refund rather than offering a new K.  

*shrug*

could be worse.  you could be a cardinals fan.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

Yeah, pretty close to. We are in absolutely dire need of both pass rushers and safeties (as we currently have nobody for both...or worse than in the case of pass rushers, where we have two very expensive players who are horribly injury prone and have been lousy at best when on the field in the form of Nick Perry and Clay Matthews). We're also in pressing need of a reliable second WR, TE, and ILB (Randall Cobb has been a horrible, horrible waste of money outside of like one magnificent game each year, while Jimmy Graham was already on the downward turn of his career when we gave him a big contract and he has looked even worse since...). Furthermore, the right side of our offensive line has been frequently injured, shuffled about, and/or simply bad. Our RB situation seems to perpetually be crippled because of injuries, too. I think we'll probably punt on both the RB and WR problems another year simply because we still have young developing players at those positions, but yeah, we're in a pretty bad spot in most places.

• Like 1

am s'posing only good news for packers is they will be able to choose proverbial "best player available" regardless o' position.  so many needs.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2019charlie.php

a decent free site to prepare you for the draft... though am thinking the first step is getting aaron rodgers through the final two games w/o a serious injury.  am understanding why ar wants to play final games, but am thinking somebody in the organization should earn their money and tell their qb, who pulled his groin during the most recent bears game, to sit his arse down and let kizer get a couple o' games worth o' experience. 

am equal curious as to what happens with clay matthews.  4.5 sack season for a 33-year-old pass rusher.  packers might ask for a refund rather than offering a new K.  

*shrug*

could be worse.  you could be a cardinals fan.

HA! Good Fun!

Clay is still a decent player, but he's paid too much of course. I'd like to see him back for 2 years on a reduced salary. Whether Clay would go for that or not, not sure. Given his production I can't see other teams paying big money for him though.

As for needs, yes, pass rusher is the biggest need. But after that I'd say the right side of the O-line. Bulaga has had too many injuries to be relied upon for a whole season and Bell/McCray as right guard are barely average at best. I think the crumbling O-line has impacted negatively on Rodgers play this year. He often looks gun shy as a consqeuence of him expecting the pocket to collapse around him, which it often does.

And then we need a safety or two. And I'm not so sure about our young WR:s. So yeah, a lot of needs. But pass rusher and right tackle would be my first two picks. But the right tackle might be able to be found via free agency.

Glad I'm not a Cardinals fan though, indeed.

Apparently the Packers have interest in Nick Saban. I think that would be an error. For both of them. http://www.realclearlife.com/sports/espn-analyst-predicts-packers-will-make-a-run-at-nick-saban/

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Apparently the Packers have interest in Nick Saban. I think that would be an error. For both of them. http://www.realclearlife.com/sports/espn-analyst-predicts-packers-will-make-a-run-at-nick-saban/

I'm not really knowledgeable about the different coaches, their style, philosophy, etc, however I do like Mike Pettine, so I hope it will be an offense minded coach who ends up keeping Pettine as DC.

Alright, we play the Bucs this Sunday. We should be able to beat them, we better. If not, quite honestly, we don't belong in the playoffs. I'd rather not go into week 17 with the Giants having the chance to knock us out. Volo would love that. :p

• Like 3

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

It's a sign of how bad the Packers are this year when my Jets are giving them a run for their money.  :blink:

Yeah, I wanted our perfectly unperfect 0-8 away record. Look at what you did. We didn't even look good getting 40 points, either.

• Like 1

Muh Boys get to play a completely meaningless game this Sunday since we're already locked into the 4 seed. I guess the big games this weekend are Bears/Vikings and Iggles/Skins to decide the final wild card in the NFC. There is a very real possibility that the Iggles still sneak into the playoffs, which makes me both sick to my stomach and very uneasy since Nick Foles is once again at the helm after Carson Wentz's latest injury.  The Bears still have something to play for since they could, theoretically, move up to the #2 seed and earn themselves a bye and a home playoff game in the divisional round.  Of course, that scenario requires the Rams to lose to the 49ers.  I know the Rams have lately become very beatable, but, come on, it's the 49ers.  Still, the Rams/Niners game doesn't start until the Bears/Vikings game is over, so I expect the Bears to play hard. I guess I'm hoping Mitch Trubisky murders his own team, which is a distinct possibility.

As for the AFC, I don't care about the AFC, so someone else can figure out the plaoff scenarios for that conference.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Muh Boys won a meaningless game against the G-Men. I guess the most notable thing about the game was Blake Jarwin catching 7 passes for 119 yards and 3 TDs, which naturally prompts the question "who the **** is Blake Jarwin?"

:wowey:

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Sunovabich, looks like the Iggles are sneaking into the playoffs. Now my only hope is that Carson Wentz gets healthy and that they're stupid enough to start him in the playoffs.  If they leave Nick Foles as starter they'll probably just win the Superbowl again and I hate everything.

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

Wild Card Weekend:

Saturday:

Colts at Texans - Tough one to call. If the Texans had their defense from a couple years ago I would easily pick them, but given how much they have slipped defensively, I'm favoring Indy to take a road win.

Seahawks at Cowboys - Since the glory of the 90s dynasty muh Boys have a long storied history of immediate playoff exits, in those rare years we actually make the playoffs. So, I guess the only thing to do is to congratulate Seattle on what's essentially a bye.

Sunday:

Chargers at Ravens - I have zero faith in Baltimore. Bolts with an easy road win.

Eagles at Bears - It all comes down to who starts for Philly. All jokes aside, the Eagles are a better team with Nick Foles at the helm. If he starts they win and we get a road sweep on wild card weekend. If Carson Wentz starts then the Bears take the win.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸