That TV Topic

Blarghagh

Roseanne is back! It's as funny as hell, broke all tv viewing records and it's as political as phuq, finally a funny American comedy show, funniest since Big Bang Theory!

Edited by Fiach

Thanks for shopping Pawn-O-Matic!

Just noticed today that season 3 of Hap and Leonard already started. Yay. \o/ Just sucks that it's not fully out yet. I hate how they still have to keep up with this annoying one-episode-a-week thing.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

There's a Rosanne series reboot? Hm.

I watched another 3 episodes of that Sword Gai anime. It's still a series where I sit down intending to watch just one but end up watching more. The middle of the series seems to be taken up with a lot of introducing the other "living swords" of evil and their owners/Busoma or Chrysalis or about-to-be-owners. Which is a little distracting in the sense you want it to focus more on the supposed main characters .... you can feel the series revving up for some kind of huge confrontation, of course (whether that's in the first season or not I dunno yet). That said the small animated tragi-fables of their creation that go along with each "living sword" are quite enjoyable. And the new main Chrysalis chr/mentor is entertaining.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

La casa de papel (Money Heist)

Very entertaining, if a bit far fetched Netflix-series that revolves around a very well planned robbery on the Royal Mint in Spain. I just found out that season 2 is coming in a couple of days, so I'm quite happy with my timing.

Haven't watched Supernatural in a long time, but I checked out their latest gimmick episode. I loved it.

Supernatural-Scooby-Doo-episode.jpg

LOL

I stopped watching/keeping up with Supernatural around season 11 (saw some episodes of 12 but not all), so hadn't heard of this. Saw your post and looked up some clips on YouTube. Funny stuff. I don't think I could take a full hour of it, but in clip form, quite amusing.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I don't watch all the Arrowverse shows, but I only remember the dude who got killed in INVASION! and the vice-president who replaced him.

Poking around online those appear to be the only presidents I can find. So I guess Obama could be a one term president or a yet to come president or a time anomaly president since the time line is borked.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I watched the latest episode of DC Legends of Tomorrow. The team saves young Obama from Gorilla Grodd who wants to make America Grodd again.

The wierd thing is in Arrowverse Obama wasn't a president. It's not a first time that DC shows sacrifice their own world building in the name of PC.

World building? In my campy time travel show? It's less common than you might think?

Per Amentep, there's plenty of ways that Obama could be president at some point. There's far, far worse inconsistencies in the shows than that, which tend to get hand waved by 'speedforce' and similar explanations.

I don't watch all the Arrowverse shows, but I only remember the dude who got killed in INVASION! and the vice-president who replaced him.

There's one other Arrowverse president, Supergirl has Linda Carter playing her as they love their stunt castings even more than Flash does. That was about as blatant a political statement as possible since she's also a literal alien and pretty much everyone made comments about how they'd never vote for 'that other guy'*. That's a different universe version from the other shows though.

*Then, ironically (don't you think?), one of the Arrowverse EPs got the chop for sexual harassment as part of #MeToo...

Been watching that Swat TV series that aired. For a few of the episodes the overall plot is a little weak, 

but truth be told I been enjoying this series a lot more then I thought I would. It stars Shemar Moore in

a lead role, Moore is casted as Sergeant Daniel "Hondo" Harrelson.

Edited by wolfrider100

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

A theory that's been stewing in my head for the premise of Stranger Things Season 3:

It's revealed that Brennan did survive, defected to the USSR, and reveals to the Soviets the nature of the project. He then works with the KGB to bring Eleven to the Soviet Union to continue with the project. Brennan strikes me as the type of guy who was working on the project purely for discovery's sake and doesn't give a rat's ass under which flag he has to do it under, now that the US government decided to shutter the program. It would also be a good payoff for the Jonathan and Nancy story arc in season 2 that many thought was superfluous.

Also Eight's overuse of her powers makes similar tears that Eleven opened in Philadelphia, causing many of the denizens of the Upside Down to run amok in the city.

Edited by Agiel
“Political philosophers have often pointed out that in wartime, the citizen, the male citizen at least, loses one of his most basic rights, his right to life; and this has been true ever since the French Revolution and the invention of conscription, now an almost universally accepted principle. But these same philosophers have rarely noted that the citizen in question simultaneously loses another right, one just as basic and perhaps even more vital for his conception of himself as a civilized human being: the right not to kill.”

-Jonathan Littell <<Les Bienveillantes>>

"The chancellor, the late chancellor, was only partly correct. He was obsolete. But so is the State, the entity he worshipped. Any state, entity, or ideology becomes obsolete when it stockpiles the wrong weapons: when it captures territories, but not minds; when it enslaves millions, but convinces nobody. When it is naked, yet puts on armor and calls it faith, while in the Eyes of God it has no faith at all. Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

-Rod Serling

Violet Evergarden via Netflix:

Wow. Took me a bit to realize the main chr. was not human (an android/realistic robot?) and overall the series has a slow pacing and I did kind of skim some episodes. >.> But the emotional points made me blubber like a little girl. I've become a weepy old woman.

Watched the season ender for Legends of Tomorrow.

"Oh snap! They got lasers!"

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The funny thing about LoT is that if you posted spoilers about it people would presume you'd been eating the wrong (or right, facpov) sort of mushroom.

Giant blue stuffed toy saves world from interdimensional demon in fight involving german suplexes, during battle in the wild west involving groups such as roman legionnaires led by JuliusC (played, of course, by Crassus's actor from Spartacus because you cannot get enough in jokes) and Vikings led by someone whose resemblance to Lagertha from Vikings is purely coincidental.

For a TV series the animation of the final fight was pretty impressive.

I tried the ReBoot reboot on Netflix. I wish I hadn't. It is... terrible. Agonizingly so, actually.

Why not just finish the series? Make that third film as planned, get as much of the old crew together as possible and do something to please the fans instead of turning the show into a cheap looking Tron offshoot with terrible animation, terrible direction and terrible actors in terrible live action sequences that have absolutely no place in the show's universe. :banghead:

No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering.

I tried the ReBoot reboot on Netflix. I wish I hadn't. It is... terrible. Agonizingly so, actually.

Why not just finish the series? Make that third film as planned, get as much of the old crew together as possible and do something to please the fans instead of turning the show into a cheap looking Tron offshoot with terrible animation, terrible direction and terrible actors in terrible live action sequences that have absolutely no place in the show's universe. :banghead:

Good. Good. I was hoping it would be that bad

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

In an act that gives me profound sadness, I downgraded my cable package a few months ago and no longer have the SYFY channel, which means I missed the Season 3 opening episode for The Expanse, and will miss the entire season. Smh at myself. ;(

Do you have Hulu? I believe you can watch it with Hulu Live which I think has a free month

I went on SYFY and logged in with my Hulu Live account and was able to play season 3 episode 1

• Like 1

Free games updated 3/4/21

Good. Good. I was hoping it would be that bad

The trailer seemed bad.  And not just bad in a "not anything like Reboot" way but "bad because its bad" way.