Hey you bunch of faithful gamers,
We decided to slip one more patch in! The patch will be available on the Beta Branch of Steam for a few days. Please jump in and let us know what you think. The patch will go live soon after that.
- Fixed an issue with the Company Captain's Cap confusing party members when they cast a buff/heal spell.
- Realized we went a little overboard on the Deadfire Uniforms. We knocked the defenses they granted from +20 to +9.
- Added optional analytics. This is just simple data collection (where parties wipe, which classes players choose, etc....). A pop up will trigger as soon as you launch the game after patching, asking 'would you like to enable analytics.' We'd love it if everyone did, but feel free to just click 'no' and forget it ever happened.
So, how do I get started?
It's actually pretty easy.
- Completely quit out of the Steam client.
- Restart the Steam client and navigate to the Library tab.
- Right-click on the Pillars of Eternity entry and click on Properties.
- Navigate to the Betas tab in the Properties menu.
- Enter in the code "BETAPASSWORD" (remove quotes) and click on the Check Code button.
- Click on the dropdown list and select the "beta" branch. Once selected, close out of the Properties menu.
- You should notice that your Pillars of Eternity game will now have "[beta]" after it. This means that your game is in the beta branch. Steam should queue an update for this branch.
- You can now play the new beta branch of the game.
- If you would like to switch your branch back to normal follow steps 3 and 4 to get back to the Beta tab in the Properties menu, then choose "NONE" as your branch. This should revert you back to the release version of the game.
Thank you to all of the folks that decide to play the patch beta and help report issues. Your help is invaluable and we really appreciate your dedication.